Santa Clara University 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MrMisiu
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby MrMisiu » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:24 pm

That's all very frightening news since I'm still in committee right now, so now I'm really worried. I figure I'll be hearing really soon since I went in committee on the 15th like some of you. I hope I don't have to skip my last class due to emotional distress.

I wish you guys the best and hope you get in for regular admissions.

User avatar
OklahomasOK
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby OklahomasOK » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:28 pm

Still waiting, went in committee on the 8th, updated on the 15th, still waiting. I feel like I should be an admit (3.7/ 162), but I'd really like them to tell me that.

MrMisiu
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby MrMisiu » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:39 pm

I hope I'm reviewed before you...

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby swilson215 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:28 pm

MrMisiu wrote:I hope I'm reviewed before you...


+1 :). I went in review on the 10th and still not a peep.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:22 pm

Did you write LOCIs after you were deferred?

Chouchous
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby Chouchous » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:57 pm

been in review since the 10th as well. LSAT above the 75th percentile and GPA above median...hope to hear from them soon

MrMisiu
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby MrMisiu » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Are those scores within the overall medians or the full-time medians??
I just discovered there were three different ones... Unfortunately for my paranoia.

hopefulIPgirl
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby hopefulIPgirl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:21 pm

Applied 11/01. Went into committee 11/12 and status checker was updated today to in committee 11/23. *nerves*

Chouchous
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby Chouchous » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:26 pm

MrMisiu wrote:Are those scores within the overall medians or the full-time medians??
I just discovered there were three different ones... Unfortunately for my paranoia.


I was referring to full time stats from the LSAC website.

myenigmamachine
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:30 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby myenigmamachine » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:08 pm

So I just looked at my status checker. It says "Part-time" now under program time. Guess that means that I'm out for full time but still a maybe for part-time? Anyone else have this happen? Any thoughts?

(GPA:3.39/LSAT:158)

MrMisiu
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby MrMisiu » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:39 am

Did anyone get good news from SCU today? The other day it was all good news, today... not so much. If decisions are made in trends, I hope that denials aren't next since my GPA (3.0) is a lot lower than all yours'.

Dear deferrals,
Out of curiosity, what were your index numbers for SCU?

jarofsoup
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:17 pm

MrMisiu wrote:Did anyone get good news from SCU today? The other day it was all good news, today... not so much. If decisions are made in trends, I hope that denials aren't next since my GPA (3.0) is a lot lower than all yours'.

Dear deferrals,
Out of curiosity, what were your index numbers for SCU?


25% LSAT mid GPA

MrMisiu
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby MrMisiu » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:21 pm

I meant on the LSAC report, that index number.
Last edited by MrMisiu on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

myenigmamachine
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:30 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby myenigmamachine » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:45 pm

Ok, it says "decision letter sent" but also still "in committee". Is that good news or bad news? I don't have any charges in my account either :-/. Does it take a few days between the decision and accepted/rejected showing in the status checker?

User avatar
OklahomasOK
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby OklahomasOK » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:47 pm

myenigmamachine wrote:Ok, it says "decision letter sent" but also still "in committee". Is that good news or bad news? I don't have any charges in my account either :-/. Does it take a few days between the decision and accepted/rejected showing in the status checker?


JUST noticed that on mine as well. I would tend to believe it's a good sign, I'm still EA, still Full-Time.

myenigmamachine
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:30 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby myenigmamachine » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:53 pm

I hope so, I'm up for part time now I guess, which I don't mind. Good luck to us both! And good lick to everyone waiting of course!

hopefulIPgirl
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby hopefulIPgirl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:53 pm

myenigmamachine wrote:Ok, it says "decision letter sent" but also still "in committee". Is that good news or bad news? I don't have any charges in my account either :-/. Does it take a few days between the decision and accepted/rejected showing in the status checker?


+1

myenigmamachine
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:30 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby myenigmamachine » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:56 pm

+1? You mean you think that's a good sign? :D

myenigmamachine
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:30 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby myenigmamachine » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:01 pm

Btw, sorry everyone for freaking out a little :P

User avatar
OklahomasOK
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby OklahomasOK » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:06 pm

I'd say good sign (but I'm not Nostradamus). Looks like defers were yesterday...

hopefulIPgirl
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby hopefulIPgirl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:07 pm

myenigmamachine wrote:+1? You mean you think that's a good sign? :D


Haha, by +1 I mean same here. Decision letter sent 11/24. Still In Committee. Not sure if I can deduce good/bad sign from it though. The STRESS!!

Btw are you working at a big company starting with "D." My law firm has that company as a client and the other day my boss was mentioning how they hired someone in the patent group recently who has a degree in Astrophysics!

myenigmamachine
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:30 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby myenigmamachine » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:18 pm

hopefulIPgirl wrote:
myenigmamachine wrote:+1? You mean you think that's a good sign? :D


Haha, by +1 I mean same here. Decision letter sent 11/24. Still In Committee. Not sure if I can deduce good/bad sign from it though. The STRESS!!

Btw are you working at a big company starting with "D." My law firm has that company as a client and the other day my boss was mentioning how they hired someone in the patent group recently who has a degree in Astrophysics!


Nope, not me. I'm still an undergrad.

User avatar
kendraston
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:37 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby kendraston » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:50 pm

Ok this might be an incredibly stupid question, but I know that someone mentioned that if the status checker updated with "Decision Letter Sent" but didn't list the deposit amounts that you definitely weren't getting in. Does anyone know if this change is immediate, or if it takes some time? I just had the "DLS" message pop up today, but no deposit amounts yet. I am applying EA for the PT program with a 167/3.38. Thanks!

hopefulIPgirl
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby hopefulIPgirl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:08 pm

kendraston wrote:Ok this might be an incredibly stupid question, but I know that someone mentioned that if the status checker updated with "Decision Letter Sent" but didn't list the deposit amounts that you definitely weren't getting in. Does anyone know if this change is immediate, or if it takes some time? I just had the "DLS" message pop up today, but no deposit amounts yet. I am applying EA for the PT program with a 167/3.38. Thanks!


That was true last cycle. From the few posts this cycle, it seems that DLS shows up first and the rest of the status checker (status and deposit amounts, if any) show up a few days later.

I had a DLS pop up today as well. I guess I will be spending the Thanksgiving holidays hanging out by the mailbox.

florentine
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby florentine » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:29 am

When did everyone go complete and go into committee?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, AZnative, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], hangold, joezze, Keilz, laurlaur2112, lawlawland16, liuwenyu, PDX4343, piesandcookies, Pomegranate27, smashbash, Smc1994, sonyco and 33 guests