Santa Clara University 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
adonai

Silver

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Post by adonai » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:32 pm

dstr15 wrote:So I just checked my status checker and it still says in committee on 11/8, but under mailing date it says decision letter sent 11/10. Does anyone know if this will be an email (I'm guessing no because I haven't received it yet), but if anybody from last cycle can tell me I would appreciate it. Just for context I applied 10/13 and went complete 10/27. Thanks.
Do you have deposit fees and/or due dates on the status checker? If you have something there then you are in. If not, then I am not sure.

hopefulIPgirl

New

Post by hopefulIPgirl » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:33 pm

dstr15 wrote:So I just checked my status checker and it still says in committee on 11/8, but under mailing date it says decision letter sent 11/10. Does anyone know if this will be an email (I'm guessing no because I haven't received it yet), but if anybody from last cycle can tell me I would appreciate it. Just for context I applied 10/13 and went complete 10/27. Thanks.
I think the consensus last cycle was that if you had deposit amount show up in the fees part of the status checker then you were admitted. If not, then, for the most part, not admitted.

That may have changed this cycle...

dstr15

New

Post by dstr15 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. My first, second and seat deposits are 0.00 and no dates are listed. Maybe they changed it this year, or maybe I was wait listed or rejected. I guess I just have to wait for the snail mail to arrive.

yoitsmebenny

Bronze

Post by yoitsmebenny » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:15 pm

florentine wrote:
yoitsmebenny wrote:
I just checked and I have decision letter sent 11/10 too! Still says In Committee on the status checker.
When did you go complete?
9/28

yoitsmebenny

Bronze

Post by yoitsmebenny » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:16 pm

dstr15 wrote:Thanks for the quick replies. My first, second and seat deposits are 0.00 and no dates are listed. Maybe they changed it this year, or maybe I was wait listed or rejected. I guess I just have to wait for the snail mail to arrive.
Mine also has 1st, 2nd, and Seat at $0 with no dates. I'm thinking that means we're in though...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MrMisiu

Bronze

Post by MrMisiu » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Does anyone remember not having the seat deposits though? I think since I received my status link it's been there, and they still haven't received my LSDAS report. Unless my mediocre numbers were impressive enough to get me in without a review, or all the required criteria.

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:50 pm

MrMisiu wrote:Does anyone remember not having the seat deposits though? I think since I received my status link it's been there, and they still haven't received my LSDAS report. Unless my mediocre numbers were impressive enough to get me in without a review, or all the required criteria.
+1. They've been zeroes for me since the day I got my status checker.

kendraston

New

Post by kendraston » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:29 pm

yoitsmebenny wrote:
I just checked and I have decision letter sent 11/10 too! Still says In Committee on the status checker.
Ok, so I am freaking out because I am still In Committee with no decision being mailed out yet. Do you mind telling me what your numbers (LSAT and GPA) are like?

florentine

Bronze

Post by florentine » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:40 am

kendraston wrote:
yoitsmebenny wrote:
Ok, so I am freaking out because I am still In Committee with no decision being mailed out yet. Do you mind telling me what your numbers (LSAT and GPA) are like?
When did you go complete and go in committee?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

yoitsmebenny

Bronze

Post by yoitsmebenny » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:04 am

kendraston wrote:
yoitsmebenny wrote:
172/3.4

kendraston

New

Post by kendraston » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:55 am

florentine wrote:
kendraston wrote:
yoitsmebenny wrote:
When did you go complete and go in committee?
I submitted my app on 9/1, went complete on 11/4, and went to committee on 11/8

kendraston

New

Post by kendraston » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:56 am

yoitsmebenny wrote:
kendraston wrote:
yoitsmebenny wrote:
172/3.4

Ohhh, ok. Yeah cuz I am 167/3.4...makes sense you would be admitted before me! :D

findafish

New

Post by findafish » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:45 pm

wouldn't you be overqualified??

yoitsmebenny wrote:
kendraston wrote:
yoitsmebenny wrote:
172/3.4

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

florentine

Bronze

Post by florentine » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:09 pm

When did you go complete and go in committee?[/quote]

I submitted my app on 9/1, went complete on 11/4, and went to committee on 11/8[/quote]

I went complete on the same day you did and I'm still in committee as well... hopefully soon!!

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Went from Application Pending LSDAS report to In committe. I skipped application complete.

myenigmamachine

New

Post by myenigmamachine » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Same here. Jumped from "Pending" to "In committee" on 11/12. Suppose that's good, must mean that they don't have a large enough applicant pool to put them behind schedule. Hopefully I'll hear soon! Just hope my 158 doesn't screw me... :-/

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:30 pm

myenigmamachine wrote:Same here. Jumped from "Pending" to "In committee" on 11/12. Suppose that's good, must mean that they don't have a large enough applicant pool to put them behind schedule. Hopefully I'll hear soon! Just hope my 158 doesn't screw me... :-/

157 for me. So if you are screwed me too.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

myenigmamachine

New

Post by myenigmamachine » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:55 pm

I think we're ok. I mean, 160 is average EDIT:[for the school] right? And 158 is within the margin of error for 160. How long on average does it usually take between "In Committee" and a decision?

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:01 pm

If you are defered from EA do you go to committe before being defered.

florentine

Bronze

Post by florentine » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:10 pm

jarofsoup wrote:If you are defered from EA do you go to committe before being defered.
So if I understand you correctly, if you are deferred to the regular pool, you go back into committee in the regular admission and then you are accepted, waitlisted or rejected... Is that what you were asking?

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:13 pm

florentine wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:If you are defered from EA do you go to committe before being defered.
So if I understand you correctly, if you are deferred to the regular pool, you go back into committee in the regular admission and then you are accepted, waitlisted or rejected... Is that what you were asking?
That was a question my bad
If you are defered from EA do you go to committe before being defered?

I am a bit tired today sorry.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

florentine

Bronze

Post by florentine » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:19 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
florentine wrote:

haha no worries. But I'm still having trouble understanding what you are asking.

To give it a shot... You go into EA committee if you are deferred there you then go onto the regular admissions committee and then you are considered against the regular pool applicants and either accepted, waitlisted, or rejected.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:27 pm

florentine wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:
florentine wrote:

haha no worries. But I'm still having trouble understanding what you are asking.

To give it a shot... You go into EA committee if you are deferred there you then go onto the regular admissions committee and then you are considered against the regular pool applicants and either accepted, waitlisted, or rejected.

ic I went into committe today on my EA app. Hopefully I get in. I really like the school.

Does not say EA any where on my app, eventhough I applied that way.

uwgbluedevil

Bronze

Post by uwgbluedevil » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:13 pm

Applied today. Hope to go complete when the rest of my LOR's are uploaded and sent within a week. Any idea how long decisions take once you go complete?

florentine

Bronze

Post by florentine » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:27 am

Still in committee but the date for being in committee was updated... anyone else have this?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”