St. John's 2011 Cycle Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rocon7383

Bronze

Re: St. John's 2011 Cycle

Post by rocon7383 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:48 pm

I got a full scholarship with top 40% stipulation, i don't remember if it had a name though.

Perplexed Penguin

New

Post by Perplexed Penguin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:10 pm

I got invited to accepted students day, but still haven't received an acceptance letter. Guess I'm in.

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:14 pm

Perplexed Penguin wrote:I got invited to accepted students day, but still haven't received an acceptance letter. Guess I'm in.

Haha, welp... congrats!

AlphaIncipiens

New

Post by AlphaIncipiens » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:20 pm

haha yeah, same here.

Is this something worth attending, if I live in Michigan? :?

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:25 pm

AlphaIncipiens wrote:haha yeah, same here.

It's a hell of a commute. There are a few other dates listed at the bottom of the invite that might be nore manageable for you. Honestly, I'd save your money and ask to speak with current students/admissions officers etc via phone.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RAB

Bronze

Post by RAB » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:27 pm

When did you go under review?

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:28 pm

RAB wrote:When did you go under review?
Me? I went under review mid november, got in mid december.

RAB

Bronze

Post by RAB » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Sorry, I mean that ppl who still haven't received a decision but received the accepeted student invites

AlphaIncipiens

New

Post by AlphaIncipiens » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Under review about a week ago for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AlphaIncipiens

New

Post by AlphaIncipiens » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:32 pm

rocon7383 wrote:
AlphaIncipiens wrote:haha yeah, same here.

It's a hell of a commute. There are a few other dates listed at the bottom of the invite that might be nore manageable for you. Honestly, I'd save your money and ask to speak with current students/admissions officers etc via phone.
Sounds like a plan to me. Awaiting scholarship info still, I think that's gonna make or break St. John's for me..especially before I've decided to head out there for a visit.

RAB

Bronze

Post by RAB » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:40 pm

Oh I went into review 1/21,so about over a week too, guess that's not a good sign

Perplexed Penguin

New

Post by Perplexed Penguin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:53 pm

I applied on the 24th and decision sent on the 26th. I live in Alaska and you can never know when mail will get here.
Last edited by Perplexed Penguin on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fakemoney

Bronze

Post by fakemoney » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:58 pm

I got the admitted students email too. I'll probably go to the one at the end of March. With the weather we've been having in NY, I don't want to sign on for a trip to Queens until it's closer to springtime.

(FYI I already received my decision before the email)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:58 pm

I've already signed up for the March 26th event and I still got the email. To those who are going to visit, are you going to stay in Manhattan and take public transport to the school for the event or what?

Perplexed Penguin

New

Post by Perplexed Penguin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Does anyone know if St. John's will give travel stipends?

sabenser

Bronze

Post by sabenser » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Perplexed Penguin wrote:Does anyone know if St. John's will give travel stipends?
+1

I also got the admitted students email without notification of acceptance.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:11 pm

Is there any way to find out if you got in without getting the letter. That is did all admitted students get an email or can you try to log in to the admitted students website? My friend is supposed to be finding out soon--whenever the mail gets there, that is--and I'm super nervous for her and wonder if she should check those things.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fakemoney

Bronze

Post by fakemoney » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Eventually (I mean probably within a few weeks of the decision, I would guess) stuff about deposits, transcripts, and immunizations should show up on the requirements section of the status checker site. But an applicant really should get the postal letter by the time that comes into effect.

Anyone getting emails about admitted student events is probably in.

Perplexed Penguin

New

Post by Perplexed Penguin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:20 pm

subtle wrote:Is there any way to find out if you got in without getting the letter. That is did all admitted students get an email or can you try to log in to the admitted students website? My friend is supposed to be finding out soon--whenever the mail gets there, that is--and I'm super nervous for her and wonder if she should check those things.
This is speculation, but...

They just told us the dates of the accepted students day. I tried calling today to see if I was accepted and they just told me to wait for the letter. Based on LSN and here I believe that they have only sent out acceptance to people that qualify for scholarships. While, I have not received my letter, I believe based on LSN that I will be offer a very generous scholarship. If your friend has a decision in the mail I would say expect good things because it doesn't seem like anyone has been rejected yet.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Perplexed Penguin wrote:
subtle wrote:Is there any way to find out if you got in without getting the letter. That is did all admitted students get an email or can you try to log in to the admitted students website? My friend is supposed to be finding out soon--whenever the mail gets there, that is--and I'm super nervous for her and wonder if she should check those things.

They just told us the dates of the accepted students day. I tried calling today to see if I was accepted and they just told me to wait for the letter. Based on LSN and here I believe that they have only sent out acceptance to people that qualify for scholarships. While, I have not received my letter, I believe based on LSN that I will be offer a very generous scholarship. If your friend has a decision in the mail I would say expect good things because it doesn't seem like anyone has been rejected yet.

The thing is that people base these opinions off of LSN and LSN isn't very representative. I mean, I don't think the entire set of green dots on the St. John's graph can possibly be in anyway representative of the entire batch of decisions thus far. She has a really low LSAT and I think St. John's and Rutgers are her last shot in the TT. I'm just really hoping for her. I feel like I'm possibly in more agony waiting for her mail to arrive than she is.

CrimLaw300

Bronze

Post by CrimLaw300 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:56 pm

subtle wrote:
Perplexed Penguin wrote:

I called and the lady was more than happy to email me a copy of the letter.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Perplexed Penguin

New

Post by Perplexed Penguin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:05 pm

CrimLaw300 wrote:
subtle wrote:
Perplexed Penguin wrote:

I called and the lady was more than happy to email me a copy of the letter.
Did you speak to one of the deans?

Maybe I'll try sending an email to the woman that sent the admitted students day info.

CrimLaw300

Bronze

Post by CrimLaw300 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:02 pm

I called the admissions office and the first lady I talked to said she would take care of it. I guess I'm just that charming. :lol:

Mattfl88

Bronze

Post by Mattfl88 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:33 pm

My status checker changed to "Decision has been made" this morning. Only took about a week of being in review. I guess they don't communicate decisions any other way than snail mail. Here's hoping for some money

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Mattfl88 wrote:My status checker changed to "Decision has been made" this morning. Only took about a week of being in review. I guess they don't communicate decisions any other way than snail mail. Here's hoping for some money
+1

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”