Hofstra 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
northwood

Re: Hofstra 2011

Postby northwood » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:13 pm

i havent heard anything from them either when i e-mailed them.

Spack

Postby Spack » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:29 pm

They emailed back finally. Maybe they are reading the boards *waves*. But she basically said that they would notify me once the committee has completed a review of my application and give me my username and password and that all my stuff was in when she checked. So, I guess I should expect something on the 15th of December then.

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:34 pm

if you Applied early action, and wont hear until december 15, i wonder when I will hear. I applied regular action....

SixStrings11

Postby SixStrings11 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:06 pm

I decided to go ahead and give them a call, since they're the only school where I still haven't even heard a "we got your application! please stand by for several months while we accept everyone except you" .. They told me they'll be sending out emails at the beginning of next week. So that's good news. :mrgreen:

Spack

Postby Spack » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:16 pm

That is good news. Admittedly it's making me a bit wary of attending because their lack of communication when other schools seem to be a bit more on the ball (Washington and Lee emailed to say that they were going on Thanksgiving Break and so I wouldn't hear back for a few weeks).

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:08 pm

eeh. i figured most of the schools wont be doing much this week, with the holiday and everything. I would like to know that I have everything in, although LSAC says that im complete. ( I have one school that gave you the option of doing evals or letters of recommendation and that application is still in transmit- even though I am under review on the schools website, for what thats worth).

I just have to keep reminding myself that I applied early.

SixStrings11

Postby SixStrings11 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:02 pm

Well, I got an email from them today. Although it was just an email letting me know that I would be a great candidate and that I should apply...

TT09

Postby TT09 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:37 pm

So I applied to Hofstra 11/8, and haven't heard anything from them. However, today, I got an e-mail inviting me to apply...awesome. Just want to let out a big, fat, "WTF?!"

Spack

Postby Spack » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:43 pm

Well, 14 days until Early Action decisions! It'll be nice to get a "Hey, we know you exist so here is our decision regarding your application". For those who applied EA, how high up on your list is Hofstra?

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:52 pm

The only thing I got from this school is an email inviting me to apply, and that they will waive the application fee.

The online status checker told me that I am in review, and that I would not hear a decision unitl mid december. So we have at least 2 more weeks of waiting. Since I applied Regular Decision, I would figure that I wont get a decision until January.

Its really not that abnormal- It is only 12/1 after all. The admissions teams probably wont be going into full swing mode until after the December LSAT. Just be glad that your application is complete, and be patient. I would guess that they will be making their decisions about people who are not waiting for the december test between now and christmas break. That way they can focus on the people who took the test, and those who started the application process in october ( getting letters, writing essays, not going complete until before christmas break)

we need to be patient

SixStrings11

Postby SixStrings11 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Spack wrote:Well, 14 days until Early Action decisions! It'll be nice to get a "Hey, we know you exist so here is our decision regarding your application". For those who applied EA, how high up on your list is Hofstra?

I checked the email I put on my application about 20 times to make sure it was right. If they let us known sometime soon that would be great, because I'm getting a little paranoid over this. Not sure how high Hofstra is on my list. It really depends on where else I get in. I feel like most of the schools I applied to are reaches.

northwood wrote:The online status checker told me that I am in review, and that I would not hear a decision unitl mid december. So we have at least 2 more weeks of waiting. Since I applied Regular Decision, I would figure that I wont get a decision until January.

You have a status checker??

Spack

Postby Spack » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:05 pm

SixStrings, no worries, we will hear back on the 15th. There isn't a need at all for EA to have a status checker since they have a specific date for decisions to come out so I assume that is why we don't have one. When I emailed, they said that we will get that information when decisions are released on the 15th. Two weeks! :D!

haleydee

Postby haleydee » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:10 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:
Spack wrote:Well, 14 days until Early Action decisions! It'll be nice to get a "Hey, we know you exist so here is our decision regarding your application". For those who applied EA, how high up on your list is Hofstra?

I checked the email I put on my application about 20 times to make sure it was right. If they let us known sometime soon that would be great, because I'm getting a little paranoid over this. Not sure how high Hofstra is on my list. It really depends on where else I get in. I feel like most of the schools I applied to are reaches.

northwood wrote:The online status checker told me that I am in review, and that I would not hear a decision unitl mid december. So we have at least 2 more weeks of waiting. Since I applied Regular Decision, I would figure that I wont get a decision until January.

You have a status checker??

yeah i don't remember getting a status checker, but i think i just went to the status checker website and clicked on "forgot password"...then i entered in the username that was given to me by the majority of the other schools and the password was sent to my email address

my status is application received 11/5 (applied EA)

SixStrings11

Postby SixStrings11 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:12 pm

Spack wrote:SixStrings, no worries, we will hear back on the 15th. There isn't a need at all for EA to have a status checker since they have a specific date for decisions to come out so I assume that is why we don't have one. When I emailed, they said that we will get that information when decisions are released on the 15th. Two weeks! :D!

I applied regular decision :? I'm not overly worried though. I already heard from one school which has really taken a lot of stress off of other schools. It just would be to know that they are aware of my existence.

haleydee wrote:
yeah i don't remember getting a status checker, but i think i just went to the status checker website and clicked on "forgot password"...then i entered in the username that was given to me by the majority of the other schools and the password was sent to my email address

my status is application received 11/5 (applied EA)

Hmm maybe I'll try that

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Purely out of curiosity, what does everyone here want to do with their law degree after graduation and how much do they hope to earn? If this is too far off topic, I'm sure the mods will be happy to move it to a new thread...

TT09

Postby TT09 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:44 pm

Has anybody heard anything from Hofstra? I would just like them to acknowledge my existence...

Spack

Postby Spack » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:48 pm

TT09 wrote:Has anybody heard anything from Hofstra? I would just like them to acknowledge my existence...

They won't :P. I think that if you're RD you should get a status checker within a month of their receipt of your application. If it's been a month, you can email them. As I've said, for EA, you won't hear until they send you your decision (at least that is what I was told when I emailed asking them about my app.)

TT09

Postby TT09 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Spack wrote:
TT09 wrote:Has anybody heard anything from Hofstra? I would just like them to acknowledge my existence...

They won't :P. I think that if you're RD you should get a status checker within a month of their receipt of your application. If it's been a month, you can email them. As I've said, for EA, you won't hear until they send you your decision (at least that is what I was told when I emailed asking them about my app.)

Ah, gotcha. I suppose reading some of the earlier posts more closely would have provided me with the answer I wanted, :) . Thanks, Spack.

SixStrings11

Postby SixStrings11 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:29 pm

So after almost TWO full months after submitting my app, I finally got an email letting me know they received it! GAME ON!

Current Status: File pending committee review
Current Status Date: 12/3/2010
:mrgreen:

ItsMyTimeBoston

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:30 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:So after almost TWO full months after submitting my app, I finally got an email letting me know they received it! GAME ON!

+1 -- identical

Spack

Postby Spack » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:31 pm

ItsMyTimeBoston wrote:
SixStrings11 wrote:So after almost TWO full months after submitting my app, I finally got an email letting me know they received it! GAME ON!

+1 -- identical

+1 -- I had to double check and make sure I was Early Action still and I was so 12 days for me!

ItsMyTimeBoston

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:46 pm

Spack wrote:
ItsMyTimeBoston wrote:

+1 -- identical

+1 -- I had to double check and make sure I was Early Action still and I was so 12 days for me!

How did you double check that you applied EA? I applied EA (double checked my LSAC submission), but see no indication on my status checker.

Spack

Postby Spack » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:49 pm

ItsMyTimeBoston wrote:
Spack wrote:
ItsMyTimeBoston wrote:

+1 -- identical

How did you double check that you applied EA? I applied EA (double checked my LSAC submission), but see no indication on my status checker.

I just made sure that I had it checked on my application via LSAC. I also mentioned it when I asked a few weeks ago and the person who responded gave no indication that I wasn't EA (I said something like "I applied Early Action and would like to be sure all of my documents are in and my application is complete").

ItsMyTimeBoston

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:55 pm

How did you double check that you applied EA? I applied EA (double checked my LSAC submission), but see no indication on my status checker.[/quote]

I just made sure that I had it checked on my application via LSAC. I also mentioned it when I asked a few weeks ago and the person who responded gave no indication that I wasn't EA (I said something like "I applied Early Action and would like to be sure all of my documents are in and my application is complete").[/quote]

Thanks, Spack! I'm going to trust that I'm truly EA too then. :)

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:28 am

I also received a status checker this evening, and am also pending committee review for Regular Decision.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”