Hofstra 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jessi419

Re: Hofstra 2011

Postby jessi419 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:25 pm

Hrm mine is blank too. I have a requirements list though.

jessi419

Postby jessi419 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Aaand it's back. Maybe it's working for everyone else too?

SixStrings11

Postby SixStrings11 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:31 pm

jessi419 wrote:Aaand it's back. Maybe it's working for everyone else too?

Yep, mine is back. Still says accepted. :mrgreen:

Underground404

Postby Underground404 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Accepted!!! :D

Does anyone know when financial aid information will become available?

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:46 pm

Mine is back and the same news as yesterday. I am waitlisted as of 12/14/2010.

Underground404

Postby Underground404 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:54 pm

NJcollegestudent wrote:Mine is back and the same news as yesterday. I am waitlisted as of 12/14/2010.

If you're big on getting into Hofstra and having this school as an option in case your others fall through, I would immediately send a LOCI (Letter of Continued Interest) today or tomorrow. Make it obvious (if it's true) that they are high up on your list. When you have your grades for this semester, send that updated transcript as well (assuming that your grades are still As). I would send one letter every month or so and I would also visit the school (since you're nearby) and talk to one of the deans at the school. All of these things could give you little boosts and help you get off of that waitlist.

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:56 pm

Underground404 wrote:
NJcollegestudent wrote:Mine is back and the same news as yesterday. I am waitlisted as of 12/14/2010.

If you're big on getting into Hofstra and having this school as an option in case your others fall through, I would immediately send a LOCI (Letter of Continued Interest) today or tomorrow. Make it obvious (if it's true) that they are high up on your list. When you have your grades for this semester, send that updated transcript as well (assuming that your grades are still As). I would send one letter every month or so and I would also visit the school (since you're nearby) and talk to one of the deans at the school. All of these things could give you little boosts and help you get off of that waitlist.

Thanks for the information, I will probably send a LOCI if all my other options fall through. If Rutgers and Seton Hall do not pan out for me, i have CUNY and NYLS before i would attend Hofstra.

Congratulations on receiving admission, where it it on your list?

The information that you gave me would be what i would do if i was wait-listed at Rutgers. I would probably send LOCI every week if i could there. :)

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:06 pm

NJcollegestudent wrote:
Underground404 wrote:

Thanks for the information, I will probably send a LOCI if all my other options fall through. If Rutgers and Seton Hall do not pan out for me, i have CUNY and NYLS before i would attend Hofstra.

The information that you gave me would be what i would do if i was wait-listed at Rutgers. I would probably send LOCI every week if i could there. :)

I always find statements like this funny. "I'll send a letter telling a school I'm really interested, but I'm actually only interested as a last resort cuz I really love this other school, tee hee." This after completely destroying any anonymity you may have had...I mean how many Rutgers Newark Poly Sci majors with a 3.9 and a 153 do you think are applying/currently waitlisted at Hofstra? Here's a hint, it's a three letter word that starts with an "O" and ends with an "E."

I mean we know admissions folks cruise these forums. Perhaps they don't care enough to work hard on trying to match names with faces, but when you're that egregious about revealing your identity they don't really have to try do they?
Last edited by Aqualibrium on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

firemed

Postby firemed » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:08 pm

In at Hofstra. Trying to figure out if there will be a scholly involved, as that is a huge factor if I will attend or not.

If anyone knows when that might happen... post it, yes?

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:27 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:
NJcollegestudent wrote:
Underground404 wrote:

I always find statements like this funny. "I'll send a letter telling a school I'm really interested, but I'm actually only interested as a last resort cuz I really love this other school, tee hee." This after completely destroying any anonymity you may have had...I mean how many Rutgers Newark Poly Sci majors with a 3.9 and a 153 do you think are applying/currently waitlisted at Hofstra? Here's a hint, it's a three letter word that starts with an "O" and ends with an "E."

I mean we know admissions folks cruise these forums. Perhaps they don't care enough to work hard on trying to match names with faces, but when you're that egregious about revealing your identity they don't really have to try do they?

Lol... Do you really believe that anyone from Hofstra knows how to use a computer? But seriously... there is no fucking way they would care enough to check.

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:50 pm

But seriously... there is no fucking way they would care enough to check.

Wake admissions people lurk in admissions thread. A few times we complained about something (how expensive travel is), (how we didn't like x) and then they would fix it (reimbursement if we end up at wake etc). Furthermore, I er, "bluffed" in the thread and acted like I wasn't interested in going to wake with current amount of $$ they were offering, and all of a sudden when I called them they were a lot more willing to negotiate than before. Finally, one of the adcomms talked to someone in R/L and said that they "enjoyed reading their posts on TLS."

So yeah, I bet Hofstra admins lurk.

Like previous poster said, I dont think they keep a list of possible suspects and match people's writing style based on their personal statement to their TLS posts or anything, but when you give away your stats + mention your major/what school you went to, well, its not very hard for them to figure it out.

YankeesFan

Postby YankeesFan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Can Reasonable_Man just leave and never post on this board again? K thanks.

TT09

Postby TT09 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:58 pm

YankeesFan wrote:Can Reasonable_Man just leave and never post on this board again? K thanks.

Butz hez so kool!

nsideirish

Postby nsideirish » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:59 pm

YankeesFan wrote:Can Reasonable_Man just leave and never post on this board again? K thanks.

Because he is reasonable and actually knows about the legal profession from experience? Or do you just want to hide from the truth?

jessi419

Postby jessi419 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:27 pm

Eh, it's just the kind of personality that gets involved in the field (and frankly, I've seen worse). It's probably best to just get used to it.

When he's discussing actual facts, he brings up good points. The guido situation isn't as bad as he's implying. But, I grew up in the area, so it's possible I'm immune to it, so what do I know.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:02 pm

When you reach the point of knowing 1/100th of what I know about practice of law, the legal industry and the reality of law school education; we'll talk. Till then. No.

YankeesFan

Postby YankeesFan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:38 pm

reasonable_man wrote:

When you reach the point of knowing 1/100th of what I know about practice of law, the legal industry and the reality of law school education; we'll talk. Till then. No.

I wish I was as cool as you...

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:40 pm

YankeesFan wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

Really? Thats sort of weird. You hardly know the guy, and I think he's been making fun of you. Hmm. What ever floats your boat.

YankeesFan

Postby YankeesFan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Sarcasm fail

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:09 pm

YankeesFan wrote:Sarcasm fail

I agree.

Your sarcasm was atrocious. Glad we see eye to eye on this issue.

YankeesFan

Postby YankeesFan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:10 pm

You go to Wake, wtf are you doing on a Hofstra board?

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:23 pm

YankeesFan wrote:You go to Wake, wtf are you doing on a Hofstra board?

Um, I explained why I was hear in my very first post in this thread. Don't come in at the end of a thread and start asking questions that have already been answered.

caligulove

Postby caligulove » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:30 pm

anyone else in via status checker but didn't get an email? it doesn't even say that a letter was sent.

SixStrings11

Postby SixStrings11 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:50 pm

caligulove wrote:anyone else in via status checker but didn't get an email? it doesn't even say that a letter was sent.

Only status checker for me. I'm sure they'll send something though.

YankeesFan

Postby YankeesFan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:53 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:anyone else in via status checker but didn't get an email? it doesn't even say that a letter was sent.

I didnt get an email yet but I just checked my status checker and it said that my acceptance letter was released today.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”