CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
queenlizzie13

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Patriot29 wrote:I currently attend CU for undergrad and man would I give anything to stay here instead of going back east (where my perm residence is). CU has the nicest campus in the entire country period. I have 3.5/157, no chance I get in but damn, would I attend in a heartbeat? Yes.

Also, does CU do status check? I never received a link or username and I'm wondering if maybe that's because I live in Boulder.

No status checker, but make sure you receive an email from them indicating that your file is complete.

And you never know, you may have a shot...did you apply to Denver as well?

brose

Postby brose » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:29 pm

whitman wrote:
SherlockHolmes wrote:
whitman wrote:Wow, just got a personal, extensive email from a law professor with resources and comments on my essay. Damn, it makes me really want to go there. Especially the offhand references to cycling, running, hiking, skiing...

That's awesome! What was your essay on, if you don't mind me asking?

Mainly crunchy things that make me fit right in at Boulder.

Also, he said they were finalizing scholarships next week, so offers should be arriving soon. Get excited everyone.
'

For people that have already been admitted for a while? Or does that include this new wave that got accepted this week?

zonto

Postby zonto » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 pm

apaint wrote:It is supposed to resemble paint, minus the canvas.

I think it resembles gummy worms, and it makes me want to go buy some immediately.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:42 pm

I'm in!! Now the delicate task of figuring out how to pay for it :| . It was dated Jan 28th and I went complete Dec. 6th.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:44 pm

ptblazer wrote:I'm in!! Now the delicate task of figuring out how to pay for it :| . It was dated Jan 28th and I went complete Dec. 6th.

YAY!! Congrats! Well hopefully you will get some scholarship information next week.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:46 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
ptblazer wrote:I'm in!! Now the delicate task of figuring out how to pay for it :| . It was dated Jan 28th and I went complete Dec. 6th.

YAY!! Congrats! Well hopefully you will get some scholarship information next week.

That would be amazing, but I'm not expecting much, if any at all. Hopefully you will get some scholarship money as well and make your decision where to attend that much easier.

usernamer

Postby usernamer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Of course the DAY I go out of town for a week is the day letters start rolling in. Complete 11/18. Hoping for mail next week.

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Whooooooo!! Hooray!! Congrats.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:50 pm

bananeez wrote:

Thanks!

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:56 pm

ptblazer wrote:
bananeez wrote:

Thanks!

Now I have a Rockies friend if we both choose CU.... :wink:

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:01 pm

Congratulations!!! Nice to see a December complete get a letter. Should mean I'll only be waiting another few months ! (I went complete 12/29)

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:17 pm

bananeez wrote:Now I have a Rockies friend if we both choose CU.... :wink:

You bet!

Also, maybe someone can enlighten me about their resident status requirements.

In the letter it says: "If you enter as a non-resident and depending on when you moved to Colorado, there is also the potential of establishing residency as early as your second semster." My understanding is that you need to have residency for 1 full year. So for this sentence to apply to me I would have had to move to Colorado last month, right? Or, Is it still possible to move to Colorado in the near future and get resident status in the Spring of 2012?

jester402

Postby jester402 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:27 pm

I have a quick question if anyone knows the answer. I know that we are supposed to send in our acceptances of admission by April 15th, but not before April 1st. I am curious as to how the process works. Assuming that they send out more acceptances than the amount of seats in the class, and everyone basically has to send in their acceptances at the same time, how then do they decide among those who accept? Is it first come first serve, or do they have some sort of ranking system?

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:47 pm

jester402 wrote:I have a quick question if anyone knows the answer. I know that we are supposed to send in our acceptances of admission by April 15th, but not before April 1st. I am curious as to how the process works. Assuming that they send out more acceptances than the amount of seats in the class, and everyone basically has to send in their acceptances at the same time, how then do they decide among those who accept? Is it first come first serve, or do they have some sort of ranking system?

No, if you've been accepted, you're in if you choose to go there. Eventhough it's true that they send out more acceptance letters than they have seats available. I'm sure that law schools across the nation have it down to a pretty close estimate of how many of those students are going to accept offers to other schools.

That being said, I'm not sure what they would do if everyone decided to attend Colorado. Haha, I'm sure they would be freaking out a bit.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:05 pm

bananeez wrote:
Congrats!!

Wednesday was a good day for me. Hope this Wednesday serves you all well!

Also -- Do we need to sign up for our ASD? Or call the admissions office? I don't see anything about it.

I have an answer to this. I got a response to an email today with the reception schedule attached to it. The email says that it is posted on the Admitted Students portal, although I couldn't find it when I looked.

Anyway the answer is yes, you do need to RSVP.

I can email you the attachment if you want to PM me, or you can email the admissions office and I'm sure they will attach one for you.

Edit: The reception schedule also serves as a parking permit.

krad

Postby krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:29 am

Congrats pt!!!!! I guess Wednesday was a lucky day :)

No mail for me, but that's okay. I've begun avoiding my mailbox and making the SO check it just to avoid the daily disappointment.

@OldHippie which ASW are you going to again? I think my work is trying to get me travel during the March one, but I'm trying to fight it. I want to hit up one of them! ...and probably grab happy hr with yall at the other(s).

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:33 am

ptblazer wrote:
bananeez wrote:
Congrats!!

Wednesday was a good day for me. Hope this Wednesday serves you all well!

Also -- Do we need to sign up for our ASD? Or call the admissions office? I don't see anything about it.

I have an answer to this. I got a response to an email today with the reception schedule attached to it. The email says that it is posted on the Admitted Students portal, although I couldn't find it when I looked.

Anyway the answer is yes, you do need to RSVP.

I can email you the attachment if you want to PM me, or you can email the admissions office and I'm sure they will attach one for you.

Edit: The reception schedule also serves as a parking permit.

Could you post the link to the accepted student portal?

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:44 am

krad wrote:Congrats pt!!!!! I guess Wednesday was a lucky day :)

No mail for me, but that's okay. I've begun avoiding my mailbox and making the SO check it just to avoid the daily disappointment.

@OldHippie which ASW are you going to again? I think my work is trying to get me travel during the March one, but I'm trying to fight it. I want to hit up one of them! ...and probably grab happy hr with yall at the other(s).

april - come to april! no one else seems to be because it's so late :(
but we MUST at least have a drink together!!!

krad

Postby krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:45 am

oldhippie wrote: april - come to april! no one else seems to be because it's so late :(

Well if I have to travel for work in Mar I will be at April! I'll be around regardless for drinks/a meet up so let's just make that happen regardless. I think STL was coming to that one too? <looks for STL>

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:49 am

yep, and chrisbru and fundamentally were also in at one point....we will make it happen :D

krad

Postby krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:50 am

oldhippie wrote:yep, and chrisbru and fundamentally were also in at one point....we will make it happen :D

oh snap that's a pretty big TLS contingent!

jayman6

Postby jayman6 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:11 pm

Okay it's February, why have only a handful of people received decisions?

krad

Postby krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:40 pm

jayman6 wrote:Okay it's February, why have only a handful of people received decisions?

+1 million

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:09 pm

krad wrote:Congrats pt!!!!! I guess Wednesday was a lucky day :)

I have a feeling yours is on its way.

PSUFB1114

Postby PSUFB1114 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:15 pm

All quiet on the Midwestern front...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”