CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LeDique

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby LeDique » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:20 pm

eminem wrote:In at CU Boulder via snail mail this afternoon - my wife opened it and I'm still at work, so I don't know the postmark. I went complete 11/19. I never received any of the admitted student emails (Women in Law Day?) or other indicators I've seen in this thread. I did visit in December. Very excited!

Sweet! That's my complete date! My mail doesn't come for a while yet + ice = waiting

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Pufer wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:
ptblazer wrote:Has anyone contacted admissions to inquire about the apparent delay? I'm just curious if they've acknowledged that they're behind or if they feel like they are on schedule.

Behind by whose schedule?

Based on LSN, there is an overwhelming amount of applicants still pending. If they want people to utilize ASD in early March, they have a lot of work to do.

The March ASD is typically felt to be targeting the best and the brightest (the early admits) to try to steal them away from other schools, so there's not all that huge a rush to make sure everyone can make it.

Even if that weren't true, I don't understand how they could be behind when there's no criteria to judge that by.

-Pufer

My criteria is that they said 6-8 weeks to get a decision.

But honestly it isn't worth arguing about.
Last edited by ptblazer on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:36 pm

I didn't receive the Woman in Law email until the day after/day of receiving the letter. Also, I think the event passed so I doubt that email will be going out anymore.

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:I didn't receive the Woman in Law email until the day after/day of receiving the letter.

Same

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:12 pm

eminem wrote:In at CU Boulder via snail mail this afternoon - my wife opened it and I'm still at work, so I don't know the postmark. I went complete 11/19. I never received any of the admitted student emails (Women in Law Day?) or other indicators I've seen in this thread. I did visit in December. Very excited!

Congrats!!

Wednesday was a good day for me. Hope this Wednesday serves you all well!

Also -- Do we need to sign up for our ASD? Or call the admissions office? I don't see anything about it.

upfish

Postby upfish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:32 pm

chrisbru wrote:
upfish wrote:I've skimmed a few of the pages of this thread, but I still can't find what I'm looking for and don't have my letter with me. When's the ASD in March? I'm flying through DEN on my way home from Seattle, so I thought I might be able to move my flight up and show up for it if it's in the same timeframe! :D

Woot! I live in Seattle! Where's home?

CU's March ASD is on March 4th, IIRC

Damn! I was thinking it was March 14th, which is when I'm flying back. Home is Houston, TX! I'll actually be in Seattle partly to tour UW and SU (even though I know I don't really have a prayer at UW and that SU is not a particularly good idea.)

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:36 pm

upfish wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
upfish wrote:I've skimmed a few of the pages of this thread, but I still can't find what I'm looking for and don't have my letter with me. When's the ASD in March? I'm flying through DEN on my way home from Seattle, so I thought I might be able to move my flight up and show up for it if it's in the same timeframe! :D

Damn! I was thinking it was March 14th, which is when I'm flying back. Home is Houston, TX! I'll actually be in Seattle partly to tour UW and SU (even though I know I don't really have a prayer at UW and that SU is not a particularly good idea.)

Both parts of Seattle are amazing. Capitol Hill (SU) is super diverse with a ton of cool people and endless different types of bars. U-District (UW) is a really chill place and one of my favorite campuses and campustowns that I've ever been to. Have fun partying while you're here... Then make the right choice and go to CU :-)

/derail

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:43 pm

bananeez wrote:

Congrats!!

Wednesday was a good day for me. Hope this Wednesday serves you all well!

Also -- Do we need to sign up for our ASD? Or call the admissions office? I don't see anything about it.

i'm wondering about this as well - i haven't seen any indication of what to do or if we need to sign up...

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:04 pm

upfish wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

For what its worth, my sister went to undergrad at SU. She really enjoyed the people and school. She also liked all the things to do in the area. Although, living in such a crowded and busy area started to get to her after 4 years.

upfish

Postby upfish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:26 pm

chrisbru wrote:Both parts of Seattle are amazing. Capitol Hill (SU) is super diverse with a ton of cool people and endless different types of bars. U-District (UW) is a really chill place and one of my favorite campuses and campustowns that I've ever been to. Have fun partying while you're here... Then make the right choice and go to CU :-)

/derail

I've actually been to Seattle before and felt so much more at home than I do in the South. Ocean + mountains + Capitol Hill + people everywhere = awesommmme.

But yeah, never been to Denver for more than half an hour or so omw to the mountains, so I will definitely have to check it out if CU offers me any $$. =D

(sorry to continue the derail! i guess if you have a reply, chrisbru, you can PM me haha.)

upfish

Postby upfish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:27 pm

ptblazer wrote:For what its worth, my sister went to undergrad at SU. She really enjoyed the people and school. She also liked all the things to do in the area. Although, living in such a crowded and busy area started to get to her after 4 years.

Yeah, I don't know that it would bother me. I grew up in the suburbs, so I really like busy city places.

Speaking of that, how is the Denver area? I know the school itself is in Boulder, but I think I'd prefer to live in Denver. Is it busy?

apaint

Postby apaint » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:52 pm

Accepted today! Went complete 11/19.

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:54 pm

The two people who got accepted from 11/19, where do you live? I'm hoping snowpocalypse just delayed mine.

apaint

Postby apaint » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:57 pm

LeDique wrote:The two people who got accepted from 11/19, where do you live? I'm hoping snowpocalypse just delayed mine.

North Dakota

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:58 pm

apaint wrote:Accepted today! Went complete 11/19.

Congratulations!

Edit: Your avatar is blowing my mind. My eyes don't know where to start looking at it. What is that?

apaint

Postby apaint » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:02 pm

ptblazer wrote:

Congratulations!

Thanks! A slight reach for me so I am pretty excited.

apaint

Postby apaint » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:09 pm

ptblazer wrote:

Congratulations!

Edit: Your avatar is blowing my mind. My eyes don't know where to start looking at it. What is that?

It is suppose to resemble paint, minus the canvas.

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:15 pm

'grats to eminem and apaint!!!
more to come i'm sure!

and apaint - agree with pt about your tar - very trippy in a good way!

leespese

Postby leespese » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:16 pm

apaint wrote:
LeDique wrote:The two people who got accepted from 11/19, where do you live? I'm hoping snowpocalypse just delayed mine.

North Dakota

If you don't mind me asking, where in ND are you from? I'm from Bismarck originally, but waiting for a letter from Colorado in Moorhead MN right now. It would be sweet to know another NoDak person in law school (and one that isn't UND...)

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:31 pm

Congrats! Sounds like I may be waiting until next week, since I went complete 11/23... But I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway!

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Congrats to eminem and apaint!!

*Crosses fingers that more people get letters tomorrow*

whitman

Postby whitman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:58 pm

SherlockHolmes wrote:
whitman wrote:Wow, just got a personal, extensive email from a law professor with resources and comments on my essay. Damn, it makes me really want to go there. Especially the offhand references to cycling, running, hiking, skiing...

That's awesome! What was your essay on, if you don't mind me asking?

Mainly crunchy things that make me fit right in at Boulder.

Also, he said they were finalizing scholarships next week, so offers should be arriving soon. Get excited everyone.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:59 pm

whitman wrote:
SherlockHolmes wrote:
whitman wrote:Wow, just got a personal, extensive email from a law professor with resources and comments on my essay. Damn, it makes me really want to go there. Especially the offhand references to cycling, running, hiking, skiing...

Also, he said they were finalizing scholarships next week, so offers should be arriving soon. Get excited everyone.

Really? I doubt I will get anything with my #'s but hopefully other people in this thread will!

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:02 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
whitman wrote:
SherlockHolmes wrote:

Really? I doubt I will get anything with my #'s but hopefully other people in this thread will!

I doubt I'll get anything either, but I would be oh so ecstatic to find a scholarship in my mailbox! I'm so glad they aren't taking forever to send out $$ like last year.

Patriot29

Postby Patriot29 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:08 pm

I currently attend CU for undergrad and man would I give anything to stay here instead of going back east (where my perm residence is). CU has the nicest campus in the entire country period. I have 3.5/157, no chance I get in but damn, would I attend in a heartbeat? Yes.

Also, does CU do status check? I never received a link or username and I'm wondering if maybe that's because I live in Boulder.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”