CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby chrisbru » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:47 pm

bananeez wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:Even though my letter was dated for a Friday, I just remembered that I actually did not receive it until Thursday.


Mine was sent on a Friday too, and I received it on a Wednesday. Just to add to your analysis.


Alright, reasons to believe that my letter will come Wed or Thurs! Wahoo!

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm growing so tired of waiting that my excitement is slowly waning...

Come onnnnn mailbox!

User avatar
fundamentallybroken
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby fundamentallybroken » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:54 pm

krad wrote:I'm growing so tired of waiting that my excitement is slowly waning...

Come onnnnn mailbox!


Yeah, it's getting to the point that I'll be talking about what schools I'm likely going to, and my wife has to remind me that I'm still waiting for CU!

User avatar
oldhippie
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby oldhippie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:56 pm

allright, this is ridiculous. chrisbru, krad, and fundy all get their freaking accptances this week, dammit!!!!!!! how else can we continue to ruminate excitedly about next fall?!?!

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby chrisbru » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:02 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
krad wrote:I'm growing so tired of waiting that my excitement is slowly waning...

Come onnnnn mailbox!


Yeah, it's getting to the point that I'll be talking about what schools I'm likely going to, and my wife has to remind me that I'm still waiting for CU!


+1. My analysis has fallen a few times to comparing Denver to St. Thomas to Iowa, and I have to remember that CU is still out there! I'm not stoked to wait another 6 weeks for scholarship info (I'm assuming it will come before April 1st...)

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:02 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
krad wrote:I'm growing so tired of waiting that my excitement is slowly waning...

Come onnnnn mailbox!


Yeah, it's getting to the point that I'll be talking about what schools I'm likely going to, and my wife boyfriend has to remind me that I'm still waiting for CU!


Ditto... :(

E: fixed that

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby ptblazer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:21 pm

Has anyone contacted admissions to inquire about the apparent delay? I'm just curious if they've acknowledged that they're behind or if they feel like they are on schedule.

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby whitman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:23 pm

Wow, just got a personal, extensive email from a law professor with resources and comments on my essay. Damn, it makes me really want to go there. Especially the offhand references to cycling, running, hiking, skiing...

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:26 pm

ptblazer wrote:Has anyone contacted admissions to inquire about the apparent delay? I'm just curious if they've acknowledged that they're behind or if they feel like they are on schedule.

Behind by whose schedule?

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby ptblazer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:28 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
ptblazer wrote:Has anyone contacted admissions to inquire about the apparent delay? I'm just curious if they've acknowledged that they're behind or if they feel like they are on schedule.

Behind by whose schedule?


Based on LSN, there is an overwhelming amount of applicants still pending. If they want people to utilize ASD in early March, they have a lot of work to do.

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby JakeL » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:36 pm

whitman wrote:Wow, just got a personal, extensive email from a law professor with resources and comments on my essay. Damn, it makes me really want to go there. Especially the offhand references to cycling, running, hiking, skiing...


That's nice. You'd certainly be a small fish in a big pond if your an outdoorsman. So many elite athletes in Boulder it's insane.

bananeez
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby bananeez » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:58 pm

whitman wrote:Wow, just got a personal, extensive email from a law professor with resources and comments on my essay. Damn, it makes me really want to go there. Especially the offhand references to cycling, running, hiking, skiing...


Wow, seriously? That's so nice! What was your essay about?

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby SherlockHolmes » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:59 pm

whitman wrote:Wow, just got a personal, extensive email from a law professor with resources and comments on my essay. Damn, it makes me really want to go there. Especially the offhand references to cycling, running, hiking, skiing...


That's awesome! What was your essay on, if you don't mind me asking?

User avatar
alexb
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:42 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby alexb » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:32 am

I applied in early January (went LSAC complete) and I haven't heard a peep, not even a confirmation that they have received my application. Is this normal for CU? I'm going to email them at the beginning of next week if I don't hear anything by then.

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:23 am

alexb wrote:I applied in early January (went LSAC complete) and I haven't heard a peep, not even a confirmation that they have received my application. Is this normal for CU? I'm going to email them at the beginning of next week if I don't hear anything by then.


Actually that does appear to be normal, happened to me and a couple others I believe. I would suggest emailing them tomorrow. No reason to delay it, especially if it has been a month already. Its likely that you are complete, but in case you're not it's better to know now. They have been really good about emailing back quickly, so you should have a response soon.

User avatar
Pufer
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:32 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby Pufer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:13 am

ptblazer wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:
ptblazer wrote:Has anyone contacted admissions to inquire about the apparent delay? I'm just curious if they've acknowledged that they're behind or if they feel like they are on schedule.

Behind by whose schedule?


Based on LSN, there is an overwhelming amount of applicants still pending. If they want people to utilize ASD in early March, they have a lot of work to do.


The March ASD is typically felt to be targeting the best and the brightest (the early admits) to try to steal them away from other schools, so there's not all that huge a rush to make sure everyone can make it.

Even if that weren't true, I don't understand how they could be behind when there's no criteria to judge that by.

-Pufer

UtahPhi
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:20 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby UtahPhi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:23 am

Thoughts on my chances/amounts of scholarship offers (assuming I get admitted of course, fingers crossed)

164/ 3.81, solid LOR and softs, limited WE

User avatar
alexb
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:42 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby alexb » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:39 am

ptblazer wrote:
alexb wrote:I applied in early January (went LSAC complete) and I haven't heard a peep, not even a confirmation that they have received my application. Is this normal for CU? I'm going to email them at the beginning of next week if I don't hear anything by then.


Actually that does appear to be normal, happened to me and a couple others I believe. I would suggest emailing them tomorrow. No reason to delay it, especially if it has been a month already. Its likely that you are complete, but in case you're not it's better to know now. They have been really good about emailing back quickly, so you should have a response soon.


Right on. Thanks, dude!

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby chrisbru » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:39 am

Pufer wrote:
The March ASD is typically felt to be targeting the best and the brightest (the early admits) to try to steal them away from other schools, so there's not all that huge a rush to make sure everyone can make it.

Even if that weren't true, I don't understand how they could be behind when there's no criteria to judge that by.

-Pufer



I agree that there is no criteria to judge by... But deposits at some schools are due in like 8 weeks. Since it has now been a full 3 months that I submitted my application (giving them 11 weeks now as a complete application), I would like at least a fraction as long to decide if I want them as they've had to decide if they want me :-)

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby upfish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:00 pm

I've skimmed a few of the pages of this thread, but I still can't find what I'm looking for and don't have my letter with me. When's the ASD in March? I'm flying through DEN on my way home from Seattle, so I thought I might be able to move my flight up and show up for it if it's in the same timeframe! :D

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12751
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby LeDique » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:10 pm

upfish wrote:I've skimmed a few of the pages of this thread, but I still can't find what I'm looking for and don't have my letter with me. When's the ASD in March? I'm flying through DEN on my way home from Seattle, so I thought I might be able to move my flight up and show up for it if it's in the same timeframe! :D


Mar 4 or whatever that Friday is.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby chrisbru » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:11 pm

upfish wrote:I've skimmed a few of the pages of this thread, but I still can't find what I'm looking for and don't have my letter with me. When's the ASD in March? I'm flying through DEN on my way home from Seattle, so I thought I might be able to move my flight up and show up for it if it's in the same timeframe! :D


Woot! I live in Seattle! Where's home?

CU's March ASD is on March 4th, IIRC

User avatar
ash8309
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby ash8309 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:12 pm

ptblazer wrote:
alexb wrote:I applied in early January (went LSAC complete) and I haven't heard a peep, not even a confirmation that they have received my application. Is this normal for CU? I'm going to email them at the beginning of next week if I don't hear anything by then.


Actually that does appear to be normal, happened to me and a couple others I believe. I would suggest emailing them tomorrow. No reason to delay it, especially if it has been a month already. Its likely that you are complete, but in case you're not it's better to know now. They have been really good about emailing back quickly, so you should have a response soon.


I sent my app in via LSAC on 1/14. If I don't hear anything from them by this week, I will email.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:12 pm

chrisbru wrote: I agree that there is no criteria to judge by... But deposits at some schools are due in like 8 weeks. Since it has now been a full 3 months that I submitted my application (giving them 11 weeks now as a complete application), I would like at least a fraction as long to decide if I want them as they've had to decide if they want me :-)


Bleh I concur. I'm not quite at 3 mos yet... but I think I have what are good #'s for CU and I live in Denver.

User avatar
eminem
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby eminem » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:14 pm

In at CU Boulder via snail mail this afternoon - my wife opened it and I'm still at work, so I don't know the postmark. I went complete 11/19. I never received any of the admitted student emails (Women in Law Day?) or other indicators I've seen in this thread. I did visit in December. Very excited!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”