CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
krad

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Looks like my 168 will preclude me from that full tuition offer. Ah well.

I second your comment though, Chrisbru, if I got a full ride to CU I'd sign the line tomorrow.

E: comma fail

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:21 pm

Looking on LSN - it looks like Colorado just skipped over everyone complete between 11-5 and 11-20 to give replies to people complete on 11-23/4 :evil:

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Congrats to everyone accepted last night!!

To those still waiting: tonight is your night, I know it.

In the meantime -- if you're considering moving to Boulder, make sure you know the area code...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTrAtqaDuMA

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:54 pm

bananeez wrote:Congrats to everyone accepted last night!!

In the meantime -- if you're considering moving to Boulder, make sure you know the area code...

LOVE 3Oh!3... Kind of a guilty pleasure. I saw them on Panama City Beach during MTV Spring Break 2009 (amazing experience, by the way... Totally worth the 21 hour drive!) and they were so entertaining.

Don't listen to their very first CD if you like their new stuff though... It's very different.

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:00 pm

chrisbru wrote:

LOVE 3Oh!3... Kind of a guilty pleasure. I saw them on Panama City Beach during MTV Spring Break 2009 (amazing experience, by the way... Totally worth the 21 hour drive!) and they were so entertaining.

Don't listen to their very first CD if you like their new stuff though... It's very different.

Haha. Totally guilty pleasure. I went to high school with Sean. And that school in their first video (linked to) is my elementary school.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:28 pm

bananeez wrote:
Haha. Totally guilty pleasure. I went to high school with Sean. And that school in their first video (linked to) is my elementary school.

Awesome. They seem like fun guys. They are touring with Nelly in March, and I want to go see them... But instead of coming to Seattle, they are coming to the small city of Kennewick, WA, which is a 3 hour drive.

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:32 pm

Haha that should be the unofficial theme song of CU Class of 2014.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:44 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:

Haha that should be the unofficial theme song of CU Class of 2014.

3Oh!3 has one that I feel will be more fitting for us, judging by the tone of this thread...

3Oh!3 - Deja Vu (sorry, there's no official music video yet)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXDxyNU2Xu4

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:59 pm

LeDique wrote:Looking on LSN - it looks like Colorado just skipped over everyone complete between 11-5 and 11-20 to give replies to people complete on 11-23/4 :evil:

Not true. I went complete 11/10/10.

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:02 pm

I went complete 12/1. Law school admission seems relatively random.

nicole88

Postby nicole88 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Does CU have a status checker? I received an email saying my app was complete, but not a status checker...

krad

Postby krad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:24 pm

nicole88 wrote:Does CU have a status checker? I received an email saying my app was complete, but not a status checker...

No status checker :roll: welcome to the waiting club! Good luck!!

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:40 pm

IN!!! Letter dated 01/14/11 -- PM for stats.

Very excited about this one. I thought it was a rejection letter for sure. The envelope is tiny! I don't think I can make it to ASW (gotta double check the dates), but I plan to visit a friend in Denver next month and am going to drive out to Boulder for a day or two. How long is the drive from Denver to Boulder?

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:43 pm

ArchRoark wrote:IN!!! Letter dated 01/14/11 -- PM for stats.

Very excited about this one. I thought it was a rejection letter for sure. The envelope is tiny! I don't think I can make it to ASW (gotta double check the dates), but I plan to visit a friend in Denver next month and am going to drive out to Boulder for a day or two. How long is the drive from Denver to Boulder?

CONGRATS!

Strangely a lot of my acceptance letters have been tiny with the exception of GMU, Loyola, and Richmond.

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:08 pm

short drive, 30-40 minutes
CONGRATS!!!! and yes, the tiny envelope is scary - be warned everyone, skinny envelope can = great news!!

SherlockHolmes

Postby SherlockHolmes » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Congrats!

nicole88

Postby nicole88 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:23 pm

krad wrote:
nicole88 wrote:Does CU have a status checker? I received an email saying my app was complete, but not a status checker...

No status checker :roll: welcome to the waiting club! Good luck!!

Okay thanks! I went complete like 2 weeks ago so I was getting impatient waiting for a status checker! Good luck to you too :)

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:27 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:I went complete 12/1. Law school admission seems relatively random.

I agree, I think it definitly IS NOT entirely in order of completion, even though this is what they say. I don't see a reason why they would lie. Therefore, I'm going to take a leap of faith and assume they aren't so...

One possible explaination I've been thinking about during this long wait is that there could be two (or more) groups of admission committees and one (or more) is faster than the others, there by getting futher in the calander than the rest. Or even each member handles their own stack of applicants. Due to the high volume of applicants this makes sense, but if its true hopefully they have it set up so that a denial isn't handed out by one committee that the other committee has been giving similar cases acceptances to. Some sort of peer review of denials seems necessary, which would slow things down further.

The exact amount of time I've put into thinking about why it is taking so long is exactly the amount of time I shouldn't be wasting thinking about it...

jaydizzle

Postby jaydizzle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:32 pm

Maybe waitlists and rejects are being held to be mass sent out? I applied mid-November and heard nothing yet. I think I am going to give up. I don't have the numbers, and I am getting crap money at places I get accepted to. Oh well.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:36 pm

My guess is that each adcomm has their own stack of apps to review, and that 2 (or more) have to review each app before a decision is made. That would make the most sense for consistency of decisions as well as efficiency. This would, in turn, explain the apparent "randomness" or the acceptance order.

krad

Postby krad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:46 pm

I love all this rationalization of the time it takes for admissions to make a decision :mrgreen: I just sit around impatiently and try not to rationalize any of it! haha

One reason I love UIUC? Transparency. I knew what day I would find out and even approx what time. If only other schools could follow suit.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:48 pm

jaydizzle wrote:Maybe waitlists and rejects are being held to be mass sent out? I applied mid-November and heard nothing yet. I think I am going to give up. I don't have the numbers, and I am getting crap money at places I get accepted to. Oh well.

Give up how? Like, stop considering law school? Or like, you know... give up.

Because that's pretty extreme.

jaydizzle

Postby jaydizzle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:54 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:Maybe waitlists and rejects are being held to be mass sent out? I applied mid-November and heard nothing yet. I think I am going to give up. I don't have the numbers, and I am getting crap money at places I get accepted to. Oh well.

Give up how? Like, stop considering law school? Or like, you know... give up.

Because that's pretty extreme.

I might give up law school if I don't get money somewhere I would like to go and try retaking the LSAT once more. I'm fairly certain I need accommodations, but LSAC has such a crazy process for granting them I have little hope. I still have more schools to hear from and the possibility of getting money or negotiating. Schools seems to be letting me in despite my low LSAT and listening to my addendums, but I am getting very little money at even schools I would get accepted to for sure which is a bit odd. I don't expect much at a school like CU if I do excepted due to my stats which would make it a miracle anyway, but a T3 fifteen minutes from my house should give me at least a little money. It's still January, so plenty of time. The trend has been poor though.

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:02 pm

jayd- this process can be so demoralizing...hang in there, it's hard to put yourself out there for judgment and not let it get to you a little bit, but law school admissions really isn't the be all and end all...and you never know what will happen later in the cycle...

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Anyone get mail today? I can't wait to go home and check... Although, much like Minnesota, I expect to be disappointed until next week.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”