CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Sorry to hear avrock!! :( Especially since you were the one that OP'd TT! You should definitely bomb them with an LOCI and visit/tour/etc.

You should also include a note about how you started the CU thread on TLS ;)

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:01 pm

krad wrote:Sorry to hear avrock!! :( Especially since you were the one that OP'd TT! You should definitely bomb them with an LOCI and visit/tour/etc.

You should also include a note about how you started the CU thread on TLS ;)


Just don't mention that you originally titled it "UC Boulder" :lol:

User avatar
theavrock
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby theavrock » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:02 pm

Thanks all!

It's probably because I had the original thread title as UC-Boulder :(

I will definitely be visiting with a LOCI in hand.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:05 pm

theavrock wrote:Thanks all!

It's probably because I had the original thread title as UC-Boulder :(

I will definitely be visiting with a LOCI in hand.


Good luck!! We'll be rooting for ya! In case you haven't seen it: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27169 and there are some more gems hidden around here.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Grrrrrrrrrrr! No mail from CU again today. Getting SUPER antsy.

User avatar
scruffs mcguff
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby scruffs mcguff » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:45 pm

I just got an email from the Women's Law Caucus at the University of Colorado Law School inviting me to Women in Law Day in late January.

The email gives me the admitted students site link and the log in info. This is odd because I haven't been accepted to CU. I haven't heard anything since going complete on 10/12.

User avatar
fundamentallybroken
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby fundamentallybroken » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:01 pm

chrisbru wrote:Grrrrrrrrrrr! No mail from CU again today. Getting SUPER antsy.


Gah - stuck at work until 5:30 so I can't even get home to see if anything is there!

bananeez
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby bananeez » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:04 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:I just got an email from the Women's Law Caucus at the University of Colorado Law School inviting me to Women in Law Day in late January.

The email gives me the admitted students site link and the log in info. This is odd because I haven't been accepted to CU. I haven't heard anything since going complete on 10/12.


This is kinda funny. Did you express interest in the Women's Law Caucus???

User avatar
fundamentallybroken
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby fundamentallybroken » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:07 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:I just got an email from the Women's Law Caucus at the University of Colorado Law School inviting me to Women in Law Day in late January.

The email gives me the admitted students site link and the log in info. This is odd because I haven't been accepted to CU. I haven't heard anything since going complete on 10/12.


I would call/email admissions - maybe they forgot to send out your acceptance letter!

User avatar
scruffs mcguff
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby scruffs mcguff » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:16 pm

Yeah it was weird also because I'm not a woman. I didn't mark anything about it either.

The events that the day has aren't just for women but reading over it the first time it was weird to see it was from them. For example at the bottom it says "We look forward you having you join us! - Women's Law Caucus." I was thinking... do they mean in their group? I'm not a woman!

But I talked to my roommate who is a 2L at another school. He said this happened to him with another school where he got an email about an admitted students event, called admissions, and they said they couldn't tell him anything. He got the acceptance letter a day or so later. (Not sure why they were so secretive though).

Maybe they just sent it to all admitted student? That list would be updated faster than the mail comes out. Can any other admitted people tell me if they got this email?

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:26 pm

P
scruffs mcguff wrote:Yeah it was weird also because I'm not a woman. I didn't mark anything about it either.

The events that the day has aren't just for women but reading over it the first time it was weird to see it was from them. For example at the bottom it says "We look forward you having you join us! - Women's Law Caucus." I was thinking... do they mean in their group? I'm not a woman!

But I talked to my roommate who is a 2L at another school. He said this happened to him with another school where he got an email about an admitted students event, called admissions, and they said they couldn't tell him anything. He got the acceptance letter a day or so later. (Not sure why they were so secretive though).

Maybe they just sent it to all admitted student? That list would be updated faster than the mail comes out. Can any other admitted people tell me if they got this email?

I got this too and wondered the same thing about the admitted student sign in. I hope it implies good news!

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby Barbie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Sorry avrock! I really can't even believe that!!! I'm officially expecting a rejection 100% haha

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Nada in the mailbox, SO just checked.

Weirddd about the womens law caucus lollll! Hopefully that means good things for yall!

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:00 am

scruffs mcguff wrote:Maybe they just sent it to all admitted student? That list would be updated faster than the mail comes out. Can any other admitted people tell me if they got this email?


I want to bump this question because I keep desperately obsessing that this email means good news. So those already admitted...did you get this email about the Women in Law Day?

Muxr
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:05 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby Muxr » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:09 am

FYI. Accepted today via snail mail (small envelope). Received the Women in Law Day email earlier today.... Congrats. :D

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby artichoke » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:26 am

wait... it's not UC Boulder?

User avatar
Pufer
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:32 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby Pufer » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:39 am

theavrock wrote:Yeah I am pretty bummed. I am OOS, but I wonder if its a YP thing. Not really sure if CU does that or not. If anyone has any experience with how CU manages their WL I would love to hear.


There's quite a bit of movement on the WL, especially in the late summer. So long as you express your interest, I imagine that you should be good (they'll eventually need to offset a high-GPA, low-LSAT splitter).

As to your WL, I imagine it was the GPA. The last couple years haven't been particularly representative of CU's traditional GPA stats. Historically, the 25% GPA ranks somewhere in the top-20, and CU definitely had the reputation of being a GPA-biased school. In other words, up until the last couple years, CU has been the Berkeley of the lower T1 schools. I wouldn't be surprised if admissions was trying to correct back to its historical tendencies.

scruffs mcguff wrote:The events that the day has aren't just for women but reading over it the first time it was weird to see it was from them. For example at the bottom it says "We look forward you having you join us! - Women's Law Caucus." I was thinking... do they mean in their group? I'm not a woman!


I'm a member of the WLC; it has lots of male members. WLC runs the used bookstore, the 1L mentoring program, the professor-specific 1L testing-tips program, occasionally gives everyone free beer/food, hands out various fellowships to both sexes, etc. In reality, it's more visible to the average student at CU Law (particularly 1Ls) than the Student Bar Association is.

-Pufer

cold_logic
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:14 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby cold_logic » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:46 am

thewarflamingo wrote:
scruffs mcguff wrote:Maybe they just sent it to all admitted student? That list would be updated faster than the mail comes out. Can any other admitted people tell me if they got this email?


I want to bump this question because I keep desperately obsessing that this email means good news. So those already admitted...did you get this email about the Women in Law Day?


I got it. Not a woman, not admitted (that I know of). I expect to get the big envelope in the next few days.

User avatar
theavrock
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby theavrock » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:36 am

Pufer wrote:
theavrock wrote:Yeah I am pretty bummed. I am OOS, but I wonder if its a YP thing. Not really sure if CU does that or not. If anyone has any experience with how CU manages their WL I would love to hear.


There's quite a bit of movement on the WL, especially in the late summer. So long as you express your interest, I imagine that you should be good (they'll eventually need to offset a high-GPA, low-LSAT splitter).

As to your WL, I imagine it was the GPA. The last couple years haven't been particularly representative of CU's traditional GPA stats. Historically, the 25% GPA ranks somewhere in the top-20, and CU definitely had the reputation of being a GPA-biased school. In other words, up until the last couple years, CU has been the Berkeley of the lower T1 schools. I wouldn't be surprised if admissions was trying to correct back to its historical tendencies.


That makes more sense. I didn't think my numbers were good enough to be YP. Thanks for the insights. Pufer I didn't realize you were from ABQ. I've been here the last year and a half or so. Are you a green or red sort of person?

User avatar
oldhippie
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby oldhippie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:43 am

cold_logic wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
scruffs mcguff wrote:Maybe they just sent it to all admitted student? That list would be updated faster than the mail comes out. Can any other admitted people tell me if they got this email?


I want to bump this question because I keep desperately obsessing that this email means good news. So those already admitted...did you get this email about the Women in Law Day?


I got it. Not a woman, not admitted (that I know of). I expect to get the big envelope in the next few days.


i got the email too, not admitted (yet) but it is making me unreasonably excited about maybe having been admitted and just not getting the letter yet??????
just what an old lady needs...now i have to sit at work for 8 hours and wonder once again what's in the mail......

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby jaydizzle » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:49 am

Well, I didn't get the email. Uh oh. :(

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby Barbie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:51 am

jaydizzle wrote:Well, I didn't get the email. Uh oh. :(


+1 oh wells!

User avatar
oldhippie
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby oldhippie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:01 am

i hate to be glad that not everyone got the email...but it gives me a glimmer of hope that it might mean something....
you'd think i'd learn not to put too much stock in these somewhat random occurrences....but with the resounding silence from CU, what can we do expect desperately search for meaning in everything they do?!?
good luck, everyone!!!!

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby jaydizzle » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:01 am

Barbie wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:Well, I didn't get the email. Uh oh. :(


+1 oh wells!



You got into Illinois though! It must be nice to be like oh well, I got accepted somewhere good already! Are there any schools that may sway you away from Illinois?

Also, for everyone who got the email: Were you all complete in October or are there some of you complete in early November and later parts of November?

User avatar
oldhippie
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby oldhippie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:04 am

complete in october here...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, Google Adsense [Bot], Kaziende, Long shot hero, PDX4343 and 11 guests