CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
krad

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:35 am

Good call!! Nada here either, just a new box of checks and another Chinese food menu- woo. I don't understand how that's all the mail the SO and I got yesterday, lol. At least there wasn't much to sift through I guess...

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:33 am

Our mailbox was STUFFED full, including 4 admissions packet sized envelopes.... Which turned out to be the SAME healthcare information packet for all 4 of the people who live at my house (we all work for the same company.) How obnoxious/what a waste of paper...

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:25 pm

Mail is becoming a very exciting event at my apartment, as D.C. is currently having "mail exploding" problems. Not that that has given me a moment's pause in running out to the mailbox everyday.

krad

Postby krad » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:31 pm

bananeez wrote:Mail is becoming a very exciting event at my apartment, as D.C. is currently having "mail exploding" problems. Not that that has given me a moment's pause in running out to the mailbox everyday.

Hahaha awesome!

As Chrisbru said in another thread, I'd also love a CU letter today too- we just got our DU acceptances. It would be a great day here in CO to hear from both!
Last edited by krad on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:32 pm

krad wrote:
bananeez wrote:Mail is becoming a very exciting event at my apartment, as D.C. is currently having "mail exploding" problems. Not that that has given me a moment's pause in running out to the mailbox everyday.

Hahaha awesome!

As Chrisbru said in another thread, I'd also love a CU letter today too- we just got our DU acceptances with $$. It would be a great day here in CO to hear from both!

Speak for yourself... I'm still waiting to hear something about $$ from DU! :-(

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:33 pm

isn't it terrible that we wouldn't give a second thought to opening mail even though it might explode? this process really HAS driven me mad!!!
:D :D

krad

Postby krad » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:36 pm

chrisbru wrote:Speak for yourself... I'm still waiting to hear something about $$ from DU! :-(

Oh sorry dude!! :( I got confused in the DU thread.

E: I'm going to venture a guess that you get $$. (There's a $20k/yr 170/3.0 on LSN already!) Good luck!

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:49 pm

oldhippie wrote:

isn't it terrible that we wouldn't give a second thought to opening mail even though it might explode? this process really HAS driven me mad!!!
:D :D

I know!! It would be smart for whoever is sending these explosions to send them in law school decision envelopes, because there's no way in hell anyone is stopping me from opening those, ha!

bif51

Postby bif51 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm

I can't believe how long this is taking...anyone hear today?

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:56 pm

unfortunately, no. The major law mail that came today was from Loyola.

krad

Postby krad » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:06 pm

I won't be able to check my mail until later, but I must echo the sentiment that I can't believe this is taking so long... I've been complete since mid November and I live in CO. Come onnnnn CU!

E: niiiice tar bananeez

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:09 pm

krad wrote:I won't be able to check my mail until later, but I must echo the sentiment that I can't believe this is taking so long... I've been complete since mid November and I live in CO. Come onnnnn CU!

Don't worry, krad. You're getting in for sure :)

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:18 pm

krad wrote:I won't be able to check my mail until later, but I must echo the sentiment that I can't believe this is taking so long... I've been complete since mid November and I live in CO. Come onnnnn CU!

for real. people are losing their minds here. stop toying with us!!!!

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Haha, Thanks!! I thought her character reminded me of myself and everybody else on these boards while waiting... :wink: I've seen the movie twice already in theaters. I'm not obsessed or anything.

p.s. Nothing from CU in the mail today. Boo.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:01 pm

My mail doesn't even get here until around 4 PST everyday. Good thing I don't get home from work before 4 very often. Is it the end of the day yet?! 3 more schools to go, and two of them (Colorado and Minnesota) are the ones I REALLY will have decide between if accepted at both. Please hurry, the stress is killing me!

theavrock

Postby theavrock » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Just got waitlisted via snail mail. I am about 7 hours from Boulder for those that are interested in that sort of thing.

3.34 166. Pretty bummed and a little surprised I wasn't accepted. I love Colorado and Boulder in particular. Really would like to get off this waitlist. Also have already been WL'ed at Notre Dame, Illinois and Minnesota so I am not stoked about having to ride out another WL.

Have been complete since 10/6

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:29 pm

theavrock wrote:Just got waitlisted via snail mail. I am about 7 hours from Boulder for those that are interested in that sort of thing.

3.34 166. Pretty bummed and a little surprised I wasn't accepted. I love Colorado and Boulder in particular. Really would like to get off this waitlist. Also have already been WL'ed at Notre Dame, Illinois and Minnesota so I am not stoked about having to ride out another WL.

Wow, I'm surprised. Would've thought you were in. You should ride out the WL if you really do like CU, I bet you still have a chance.

This really scare me, as I'm below your LSAT. Are you an UG in Colorado? Was it a small envelope?

plug1

Postby plug1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:31 pm

tag

theavrock

Postby theavrock » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:34 pm

bananeez wrote:
theavrock wrote:Just got waitlisted via snail mail. I am about 7 hours from Boulder for those that are interested in that sort of thing.

Wow, I'm surprised. Would've thought you were in. You should ride out the WL if you really do like CU, I bet you still have a chance.

This really scare me, as I'm below your LSAT. Are you an UG in Colorado? Was it a small envelope?

Yeah I am pretty bummed. I am OOS, but I wonder if its a YP thing. Not really sure if CU does that or not. If anyone has any experience with how CU manages their WL I would love to hear.

Not in CO, I did my undergrad in Wisconsin and have been working in New Mexico for the last year and a half. It was in a small envelope.

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Did you have a crim record or something. I have same lsat and lower GPA, and now I'm a little scared!

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:40 pm

This is SUPER surprising. Are you serious?

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:42 pm

theavrock wrote:
bananeez wrote:

Yeah I am pretty bummed. I am OOS, but I wonder if its a YP thing. Not really sure if CU does that or not. If anyone has any experience with how CU manages their WL I would love to hear.

Not in CO, I did my undergrad in Wisconsin and have been working in New Mexico for the last year and a half. It was in a small envelope.

I'm out-of-state, and a few years out of school too. Are you working in the law industry? I'm not sure if this helps, but I have a friend that was waitlisted and only finally got into CU in August, and then ended up graduating 4th in his class. But this was a long while ago. I'm keeping it in mind for myself though, haha.

theavrock

Postby theavrock » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:43 pm

JakeL wrote:Did you have a crim record or something. I have same lsat and lower GPA, and now I'm a little scared!

Depends on how you define criminal! :)

The only thing on my record was a underage drinking ticket from 9 years ago. It wasn't even considered a misdemeanor. It is on my record as a civil offense.

theavrock

Postby theavrock » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:46 pm

chrisbru wrote:

This is SUPER surprising. Are you serious?

100% my friend.

bananeez wrote:I'm out-of-state, and a few years out of school too. Are you working in the law industry? I'm not sure if this helps, but I have a friend that was waitlisted and only finally got into CU in August, and then ended up graduating 4th in his class. But this was a long while ago. I'm keeping it in mind for myself though, haha.

Not in the law industry. I work in technology. Yea, pretty puzzled by the WL.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, man. Hopefully some people who applied to CU as one of the "above 50, under 25" schools as a backup will pull out and you'll get their spot. If you're super interested, I'd definitely send a LOCI, it may be enough to get you right off the waitlist if you make a good case for why you would for sure go there if you got offered a spot!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”