CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thewarflamingo

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:51 pm

Still no check :( I hope it comes tomorrow...

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:12 am

hoping all of the denver-area people ITT are ok and safe from the fire........

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:12 am

oldhippie wrote:hoping all of the denver-area people ITT are ok and safe from the fire........

Nothing to worry about in Denver - the fire is outside of Golden (and moving towards pretty sparsely populated state park area). Unless you have a house in the way, the biggest worry here is head congestion from all that smoke!

krad

Postby krad » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:27 am

fundamentallybroken wrote:
oldhippie wrote:hoping all of the denver-area people ITT are ok and safe from the fire........

Nothing to worry about in Denver - the fire is outside of Golden (and moving towards pretty sparsely populated state park area). Unless you have a house in the way, the biggest worry here is head congestion from all that smoke!

Ditto, but thanks OH!

My sinuses are driving me nutso and thank goodness for my inhaler! We had to close our windows yesterday afternoon :( One of my SO's attendings has a house up that way so we're praying for them.

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:44 am

ok, good...i knew it was outside denver but i wasn't sure how far outside so i had ot be sure y'all are ok :)
for completely selfish reasons...i need people to hang out with during ASD :wink:

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:38 am

oldhippie wrote:ok, good...i knew it was outside denver but i wasn't sure how far outside so i had ot be sure y'all are ok :)
for completely selfish reasons...i need people to hang out with during ASD :wink:

Oh yeah, ASD... about that....

It looks like I won't be going to the April 1st ASD. In fact, I think I'm going to go ahead and commit to DU next week and put down a seat deposit. After my posts with rekopter, I took a good long look at things and realized DU is really the only responsible way for me to go.

But hey, maybe some day we'll all work together in some way - I'll make sure to drop occasional hints throughout my career about being fundamentally broken so you know it's me!

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:01 pm

well, congrats on making what i know was a difficult decision. and at least you'll still be in beautiful colorado!!!
i'll stay alert to fundamentally broken references :mrgreen: i don't imagine i'll have to make old hippie references for you to figure out who i am :wink:

waitinghardestpart

Postby waitinghardestpart » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi everyone. I have been reading all of your posts and must say they have been extremely helpful ... and have made me want to go to CU Boulder even more considering all the interesting, friendly people on this blog. I was recently accepted after being waitlisted for what was a surprisingly short amount of time. Wondering if any students who were waitlisted then accepted have (or are even still entertaining the possibility) received any type of scholarship money? Are numbers (LSAT & GPA) the only things they are considering for their scholarships? Appreciate any feedback!

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:18 pm

Say, CU, wanna be the 1st Tier 1 school West of the Mississippi to accept me? Please! I think we'll get along famously...

krad

Postby krad » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:19 pm

crit_racer wrote:Say, CU, wanna be the 1st Tier 1 school West of the Mississippi to accept me? Please! I think we'll get along famously...

Rooting for you!!

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:20 pm

krad wrote:
crit_racer wrote:Say, CU, wanna be the 1st Tier 1 school West of the Mississippi to accept me? Please! I think we'll get along famously...

Rooting for you!!

+1

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:46 pm

thanks yall...keeping my fingers crossed. I called last Monday and they said I was in committee.

boilerup89

Postby boilerup89 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:48 pm

waitinghardestpart wrote:Hi everyone. I have been reading all of your posts and must say they have been extremely helpful ... and have made me want to go to CU Boulder even more considering all the interesting, friendly people on this blog. I was recently accepted after being waitlisted for what was a surprisingly short amount of time. Wondering if any students who were waitlisted then accepted have (or are even still entertaining the possibility) received any type of scholarship money? Are numbers (LSAT & GPA) the only things they are considering for their scholarships? Appreciate any feedback!

I can honestly say no, CU def looks beyond the numbers for schollys. By all objective criteria I should have not got a scholly from CU, but to my elated surprise I came out with one anyway. If my acceptance and scholly proves anything strong softs mean A LOT to CU 8)

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:00 pm

In today in NYC, so hopefully another round of apps have made it through committee! Letter says scholly info will be mailed separately, FWIW.

Applied mid-january, went complete a lifetime later.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:01 pm

boilerup89 wrote:
waitinghardestpart wrote:Hi everyone. I have been reading all of your posts and must say they have been extremely helpful ... and have made me want to go to CU Boulder even more considering all the interesting, friendly people on this blog. I was recently accepted after being waitlisted for what was a surprisingly short amount of time. Wondering if any students who were waitlisted then accepted have (or are even still entertaining the possibility) received any type of scholarship money? Are numbers (LSAT & GPA) the only things they are considering for their scholarships? Appreciate any feedback!

I can honestly say no, CU def looks beyond the numbers for schollys. By all objective criteria I should have not got a scholly from CU, but to my elated surprise I came out with one anyway. If my acceptance and scholly proves anything strong softs mean A LOT to CU 8)

+1. I was extremely surprised I got $.

waitinghardestpart

Postby waitinghardestpart » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:00 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
boilerup89 wrote:

boiler and queen - did you get notifcation of $ with acceptance or did you have to wait? if so, is it possible to provide dates for acceptance/scholarship notifcation, or at the least # of days in between the two? thanks for your replies!

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:10 pm

waitinghardestpart wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:
boilerup89 wrote:

boiler and queen - did you get notifcation of $ with acceptance or did you have to wait? if so, is it possible to provide dates for acceptance/scholarship notifcation, or at the least # of days in between the two? thanks for your replies!

I had to wait. I was accepted in January and then heard about scholarships in March.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:15 pm

Still nothing from CU... I got into Iowa via email and a full ride a few days later via email despite their practice being pen and parcel. I hope CU breaks the mold, otherwise I'm not going to the April 1st ASW. I'm not looking forward to last minute bookings for tickets -_-

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:18 pm

typ3 wrote:Still nothing from CU... I got into Iowa via email and a full ride a few days later via email despite their practice being pen and parcel. I hope CU breaks the mold, otherwise I'm not going to the April 1st ASW. I'm not looking forward to last minute bookings for tickets -_-

You should email them if you haven't already. If your decision has been given, then they will tell you. They will attach a pdf copy of your acceptance letter (safely assuming you've been accepted) to the email. If I were you I would do that, so you don't have to plan a trip last minute.

waitinghardestpart

Postby waitinghardestpart » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:24 pm

ASD on April 1 = Worth Going?

rekopter

Postby rekopter » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:13 pm

waitinghardestpart wrote:ASD on April 1 = Worth Going?

This depends on many things. How expensive would it be? Have you been to Boulder before? What are your other law school options? How interested in CU are you?

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:11 pm

waitlisted....FUFCHF{IOUHWF{WEUfhzaef]9jawefj] e9qwr8hy943 ytwqFUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKk

rekopter

Postby rekopter » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:39 pm

crit_racer wrote:waitlisted....FUFCHF{IOUHWF{WEUfhzaef]9jawefj] e9qwr8hy943 ytwqFUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKk

If you're interested in CU express your interest--by snail mail, email, phone, etc.. And Often. I cannot overstate how effective this can be.

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:34 pm

I'm going to. I also have a former prof that likes me who is a CU Law alum and I'm gonna ask him to write me a LOR.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:22 pm

I did a drive by of the school today since I decided to drive to Boulder. I was by Cherry Creek visiting a cupcake bakery and attempting to find affordable and decent housing near DU which seems to be a running joke in Denver.

I went to Pearl street and shopped / ate at another cupcake bakery which was fun as usual and then decided it would be a good idea to drive to Estes Park. Pretty sure I will be withdrawing from DU as much as I love skiing and the mountains. I guess I'll wait it out for CU but otherwise I think I'm headed to Iowa. Visiting Denver reminded me that I hate urban schools and that knocks off most of the schools on my list. Visiting Boulder only reminded me how CU is my #1. However, I don't know if I can swing it without a sizable scholarship at this point.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”