CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:10 pm

bananeez wrote:It's weird that the admissions officer (who gave me the tour of the building) told me that you'd get an e-mail if you were accepted, and then a snail mail letter. Doesn't seem to be the case... Glad I'm finding out before I saw a little envelop in my mailbox and had a panic attack!!


Yeah I remember seeing this ITT... Glad we've heard otherwise!

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby ptblazer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:59 pm

Hey all
Last edited by ptblazer on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:02 pm

ptblazer wrote:Hey all, very infrequent contributor to the forums, so forgive me if this question has been brought up before. Here is my story, I took the LSAT in October (I did okay... but wanted to do better), decided to retake the exam and applied to CU Boulder late Nov. Recently I emailed the admissions office just to check and see if my application was complete. I got a quick reply that said that they were waiting for my December LSAT scores. I have no basis for this assumption, but nevertheless I guess I assumed that my file would be evaulated with my Oct. score (if they got around to it) and then evaluated again with the December scores (if they viewed my scores as needing improvement).

My Question: Is it wrong to assume that they would look at my file (and perhaps give a decision) even with a pending test/score, so long as I have a completed test score already? If for example I (hypothetically) took the exam again in Feb, would they not look at my file until March (when the scores come back)?

I feel like this gives anyone who retakes the exam a huge disadvantage and had I known I doubt I would have retaken it. Granted my LSAT score could use the improvement, but it wasn't so bad as to not merit consideration with some of my supporting material.


If you are registered for another LSAT when you submit your application, a lot of schools (most?) will hold off on evaluating your app until the new score comes in. You can always ask them to not wait on the retake.

User avatar
oldhippie
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby oldhippie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:33 am

krad wrote:Edit: And OldHip's, you should be more than golden with your #'s :)


i sure hope you're right, and i know that's what the numbers say....but i won't believe it until i see it...
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!

good luck everyone/future classmates :D

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:13 am

oldhippie wrote:
krad wrote:Edit: And OldHip's, you should be more than golden with your #'s :)


i sure hope you're right, and i know that's what the numbers say....but i won't believe it until i see it...
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!

good luck everyone/future classmates :D


Ditto... and being patient blows :roll:

bananeez
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby bananeez » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Are you guys feeling like you'll definitely pick CU with an acceptance, or will it depend on the results of your full cycle?

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:46 pm

bananeez wrote:Are you guys feeling like you'll definitely pick CU with an acceptance, or will it depend on the results of your full cycle?


This is hard for me!! My #'s have taken (and will hopefully continue to take) me higher in the rankings, but I live in Denver and am not sure if I want to leave CO. Dilemma!

That being said, it is a top contender, especially with any $ because of lower tuition and the fact that I could stay in CO....

User avatar
brose
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:05 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby brose » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:51 pm

krad wrote:
bananeez wrote:Are you guys feeling like you'll definitely pick CU with an acceptance, or will it depend on the results of your full cycle?


This is hard for me!! My #'s have taken (and will hopefully continue to take) me higher in the rankings, but I live in Denver and am not sure if I want to leave CO. Dilemma!

That being said, it is a top contender, especially with any $ because of lower tuition and the fact that I could stay in CO....


I'm in same boat... Colorado was a top choice and I almost applied binding but didn't. I got into W & M with $$ so I don't know if Colorado would be in the picture without money and with my numbers I have almost 0 chance of getting any. Maybe it would be just a fond memory to be accepted... I guess we'll see!

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:59 pm

Depends on which day you ask me... I'm flip-flopping between Minnesota and Colorado constantly. It's just so hard to decide between my favorite place + 11 hour drive to visit my family and my second favorite place + 3.5 hour drive to see the family.

bananeez
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby bananeez » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:00 pm

krad wrote:
bananeez wrote:Are you guys feeling like you'll definitely pick CU with an acceptance, or will it depend on the results of your full cycle?


This is hard for me!! My #'s have taken (and will hopefully continue to take) me higher in the rankings, but I live in Denver and am not sure if I want to leave CO. Dilemma!

That being said, it is a top contender, especially with any $ because of lower tuition and the fact that I could stay in CO....


I feel similarly. I live in DC now, but I'm from Boulder, and wanting to get back there is a big pull for me. And my family is putting the pressure on me too... :D Denver's big $ money offer is also tempting. But a few other schools in other states really look great, as well! But that will depend on the next couple of weeks... It will obviously be a hard decision for me also!

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:01 pm

chrisbru wrote:Depends on which day you ask me... I'm flip-flopping between Minnesota and Colorado constantly. It's just so hard to decide between my favorite place + 11 hour drive to visit my family and my second favorite place + 3.5 hour drive to see the family.


Definitely. Some days I could never leave CO, other days I'm out like shout. Which one is the further drive if you don't mind sharing? (bored @ work)

User avatar
oldhippie
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby oldhippie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:07 pm

i'm almost 100% sure i'd go to boulder if accepted. if they offer me a penny, i'm absolutely there. i want to live in boulder and stay in the area for good, so it's an awesome option for me.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:14 pm

krad wrote:
Definitely. Some days I could never leave CO, other days I'm out like shout. Which one is the further drive if you don't mind sharing? (bored @ work)


CO is the further drive. I'm from the beautiful (lol) Des Moines, Iowa. University of Iowa may climb some spots on my list if they offer me some decent money, but it's not looking good. At this point, my full ride to St. Thomas in Minneapolis is looking good, but an equal offer from Denver would bring be back to a hard decision spot.

However, I haven't heard admissions decisions from CO or U Minn yet, let alone scholarships. When that information comes in, I will be much more confused!

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby stlisforlovers » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Boulder is probably my favorite place on the planet but i am pretty worried about job prospects at CU. Otherwise I would have bought a pass to Eldora already! (assuming of course I get in! :? )

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:18 pm

chrisbru wrote:
krad wrote:
Definitely. Some days I could never leave CO, other days I'm out like shout. Which one is the further drive if you don't mind sharing? (bored @ work)


CO is the further drive. I'm from the beautiful (lol) Des Moines, Iowa. University of Iowa may climb some spots on my list if they offer me some decent money, but it's not looking good. At this point, my full ride to St. Thomas in Minneapolis is looking good, but an equal offer from Denver would bring be back to a hard decision spot.

However, I haven't heard admissions decisions from CO or U Minn yet, let alone scholarships. When that information comes in, I will be much more confused!


Ain't that the truth! But hopefully they'll be good decisions to be making.

And Old Hippie I'm pulling for ya even more now :)

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby Barbie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:50 pm

An acceptance to Colorado is one of the only places that would make me even consider not going to Illinois. Considering I probably won't get in anyways, it shouldn't end up being a hard choice.... but like I said, if for some reason I get in.. it would complicate things just a bit :D

User avatar
oldhippie
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby oldhippie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:51 pm

thanks, krad - i'll take all the positive vibes i can right now!! :D

and barbie, we may be hanging out in boulder yet, you just wait and see :wink:

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:51 pm

Barbie wrote:An acceptance to Colorado is one of the only places that would make me even consider not going to Illinois. Considering I probably won't get in anyways, it shouldn't end up being a hard choice.... but like I said, if for some reason I get in.. it would complicate things just a bit :D


How would you ever find a CU tar that is worthy?!? :) jk good luck!

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby akili » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:54 pm

CU is one of my very top choices. The only thing that could really beat it would be sneaking in to UWashington. But maybe my December score will change things!

ptblazer
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby ptblazer » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Boulder is one of only a few schools that offer me what I am looking for. If accepted I'd go without a second thought about it. I'm applying to a dual degree program with the Environmental Studies department. Without the M.S option I wouldn't be considering law school. My undergrad degree is in chemistry and if you had told me 4 years ago I would be going to law school I would have probably looked at you very puzzled. But now I'm excited about the opportunity and I'm looking forward to it. My fingers are crossed that I get in and the same for all of you too.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:28 pm

ptblazer wrote:Boulder is one of only a few schools that offer me what I am looking for. If accepted I'd go without a second thought about it. I'm applying to a dual degree program with the Environmental Studies department. Without the M.S option I wouldn't be considering law school. My undergrad degree is in chemistry and if you had told me 4 years ago I would be going to law school I would have probably looked at you very puzzled. But now I'm excited about the opportunity and I'm looking forward to it. My fingers are crossed that I get in and the same for all of you too.


This makes me curious- why no LS without an MS option? Why not just an MS? I come from a sci background, so I was just wondering :)

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:04 pm

akili wrote:CU is one of my very top choices. The only thing that could really beat it would be sneaking in to UWashington. But maybe my December score will change things!


I don't know where you're from, but I grew up in Iowa, fell in love with Colorado, and currently live in Seattle. RUN from the pacific northwest, and go with CU. Please.

Although, there seem to be a number of people who don't share my sentiment. The people just don't compare to midwest/coloradoans (how do you say this one?) and the rain and complete lack of sun sucks WAY more than cold and snow. Although Seattle is an awesome city as far as the actual city amenities go.

User avatar
deja
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby deja » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:10 pm

chrisbru wrote:
akili wrote:CU is one of my very top choices. The only thing that could really beat it would be sneaking in to UWashington. But maybe my December score will change things!


I don't know where you're from, but I grew up in Iowa, fell in love with Colorado, and currently live in Seattle. RUN from the pacific northwest, and go with CU. Please.

Although, there seem to be a number of people who don't share my sentiment. The people just don't compare to midwest/coloradoans (how do you say this one?) and the rain and complete lack of sun sucks WAY more than cold and snow. Although Seattle is an awesome city as far as the actual city amenities go.


That's too bad you don't like it. It's a tough choice for me between Boulder, Seattle and Portland. Assuming I'm accepted at all 3, it will be tough to choose. I think it's more of a personal thing, though, because I learned to love the rain growing up in Vancouver, BC.

Anyway, chrisbru, I'm in the same boat as you. If only I can sneak in to UW...

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby JakeL » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:17 pm

deja wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
akili wrote:CU is one of my very top choices. The only thing that could really beat it would be sneaking in to UWashington. But maybe my December score will change things!


I don't know where you're from, but I grew up in Iowa, fell in love with Colorado, and currently live in Seattle. RUN from the pacific northwest, and go with CU. Please.

Although, there seem to be a number of people who don't share my sentiment. The people just don't compare to midwest/coloradoans (how do you say this one?) and the rain and complete lack of sun sucks WAY more than cold and snow. Although Seattle is an awesome city as far as the actual city amenities go.


That's too bad you don't like it. It's a tough choice for me between Boulder, Seattle and Portland. Assuming I'm accepted at all 3, it will be tough to choose. I think it's more of a personal thing, though, because I learned to love the rain growing up in Vancouver, BC.

Anyway, chrisbru, I'm in the same boat as you. If only I can sneak in to UW...


I don't think you need to worry about sneaking into UW with your numbers...

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:33 pm

deja wrote:That's too bad you don't like it. It's a tough choice for me between Boulder, Seattle and Portland. Assuming I'm accepted at all 3, it will be tough to choose. I think it's more of a personal thing, though, because I learned to love the rain growing up in Vancouver, BC.

Anyway, chrisbru, I'm in the same boat as you. If only I can sneak in to UW...


I'm sure growing up in BC makes you prone to a whole different kind of climate than I was... Changing from something you're used to to something completely different is a big shock, or was for me at least. Call me old fashioned, but I miss the sun.

That being said, I LOVE the city of Vancouver. Great place, a ton of fun, awesome people, good sites, etc. Same thing goes for Whistler.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, JazzyMac, ProductofUnreality, Rich Uncle Skeleton and 10 guests