CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
typ3

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby typ3 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:38 pm

ptblazer wrote:
nicole88 wrote:I also just received the invite to the ASD, and they said my acceptance was sent out Friday - yay :) Now I just need to see if they can offer any money... this comes separately through mail, correct?

Congratulations to you also! As for scholarships, yes they come seperately in the mail, but you'll have to join the wait. Basically everyone is still waiting to hear about scholarships, although, there is reason to hope that they are coming soon.

Not everyone is waiting on scholarships.. Some of us are waiting to hear back about admittance still

:roll: sigh.. another day and still an empty inbox.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:41 pm

typ3 wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
nicole88 wrote:I also just received the invite to the ASD, and they said my acceptance was sent out Friday - yay :) Now I just need to see if they can offer any money... this comes separately through mail, correct?

Congratulations to you also! As for scholarships, yes they come seperately in the mail, but you'll have to join the wait. Basically everyone accepted is still waiting to hear about scholarships, although, there is reason to hope that they are coming soon.

Not everyone is waiting on scholarships.. Some of us are waiting to hear back about admittance still

:roll: sigh.. another day and still an empty inbox.

Sorry you're right, I've corrected it.

Edit: I'm not sure how long you've been complete, but you should send them an email and ask about when you could expect a decision, although I wouldn't make it that blunt. Soften it as an email about ASD and making travel arrangments, which I'm sure is on your mind anyway.

clintone88

Postby clintone88 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Just now got an email saying congrats on my admission and talking about ASW. Pretty exciting since I hadn't found out yet that I've been accepted. SUPER happy, this wait has been killing me.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:50 pm

clintone88 wrote:Just now got an email saying congrats on my admission and talking about ASW. Pretty exciting since I hadn't found out yet that I've been accepted. SUPER happy, this wait has been killing me.

Congrats!

TreeHugger20

Postby TreeHugger20 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks guys! I'm stoked. :D

Maybe, since we were lucky enough to get in, we'll also be lucky enough to get $$$. But, if not, I'm still stoked. :mrgreen: Did you get in off the wait list as well?

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:55 pm

Yay!! congrats, new admits!!!

I'm very happy you got in, but does anyone think it's weird they're letting people off the waitlist already?

typ3

Postby typ3 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:05 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:Yay!! congrats, new admits!!!

I'm very happy you got in, but does anyone think it's weird they're letting people off the waitlist already?

I'm going to say yes... :cry: only because I am the largest fan of colorado but I haven't heard back yet

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:07 pm

typ3 wrote:

I'm going to say yes... :cry: only because I am the largest fan of colorado but I haven't heard back yet

I really hope you get in. I don't know you but I think I lovelike you.

rockies2

Postby rockies2 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:13 pm

Weird and terrifying! I feel like CO has already mentally rejected me but they just haven't gotten around to letting me know.

It also seems like they take longer to decide on in state decisions than OOS.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:15 pm

typ3 wrote:

seriously, when did you go complete?

typ3

Postby typ3 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:24 pm

rockies2 wrote:

Weird and terrifying! I feel like CO has already mentally rejected me but they just haven't gotten around to letting me know.

It also seems like they take longer to decide on in state decisions than OOS.

It could just be you and Krad since you're both in state splitters. I hope you get in! :) I need more ski buddies to hit the slopes with on the weekends!

TreeHugger20

Postby TreeHugger20 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:26 pm

I was absolutely shocked. Honestly, I banished CU from my possibilities when I got the letter offering me wait list status. I mailed the little card back and received an email from admissions on 2/10 saying I was officially on the list. I hope it isn't a mistake... :shock:

I've been sitting around, flinching every time I get a new email, expecting them to take it back. My LSAT seriously haz the suck.

To everyone still waiting, I feel your pain. At least now you all know that their standards aren't impossible to overcome. :mrgreen: If I can get in, so can you!

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:27 pm

I feel like just on TLS, we already have a sweet ski/snowboard group growing. With non-TLS people thrown in there, we shall take over the slopes.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:I feel like just on TLS, we already have a sweet ski/snowboard group growing. With non-TLS people thrown in there, we shall take over the slopes.

So, are any TLSers hitting the slopes over ASW? If I hear back before then I'll likely be driving there with my skis in tow... I just need some other people to go with. I am really fun to converse and play chairlift games with.

I will also bring cup cakes to share :)

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:10 am

Definitely going skiing/snowboarding Saturday. As to which skiing area, not sure yet. Was going to do Eldora, but wondering if it is worth it to go out a little further.

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:15 am

typ3 wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:I feel like just on TLS, we already have a sweet ski/snowboard group growing. With non-TLS people thrown in there, we shall take over the slopes.

So, are any TLSers hitting the slopes over ASW? If I hear back before then I'll likely be driving there with my skis in tow... I just need some other people to go with. I am really fun to converse and play chairlift games with.

I'm going Saturday/Sunday morning. I'm travelling with my mom, but not really skiing with her since she's slower than me anymore. Staying in Frisco and doing Breckenridge or Keystone. Let me know what you're doing.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:24 am

LeDique wrote:
typ3 wrote:

I'm going Saturday/Sunday morning. I'm travelling with my mom, but not really skiing with her since she's slower than me anymore. Staying in Frisco and doing Breckenridge or Keystone. Let me know what you're doing.

I'm up to ski anywhere I can tag along with people. I'm just up for company. I'll ski anything, trees, back bowls, greens, bunny hill, blue cruisers, boulder stomping, etc. Any day on skis is a good day.

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:32 am

typ3 wrote:
LeDique wrote:
typ3 wrote:

I'm up to ski anywhere I can tag along with people. I'm just up for company. I'll ski anything, trees, back bowls, greens, bunny hill, blue cruisers, boulder stomping, etc. Any day on skis is a good day.

Maybe we'll end up having a TLS skiing session too!

arobb527

Postby arobb527 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:19 am

got an email today saying I was accepted Friday...waiting on scholarship $ hopefully...in state tuition plus a scholarship would be hard to turn down

typ3

Postby typ3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:41 am

arobb527 wrote:got an email today saying I was accepted Friday...waiting on scholarship $ hopefully...in state tuition plus a scholarship would be hard to turn down

Unless you're Secretary Rumsfeld's speech writer and a fighter pilot with stellar stats, money might be hard to come by :wink:

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:44 am

congrats to the new admits!!!!
still totally jealous that i'll miss march asd, but since i can't ski or board (yet) i'll just have to wait and join y'all next winter :D

scottfergmartin

Postby scottfergmartin » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:06 am

I also received the "Congratulations Email" saying that I had been admitted on Friday which is confusing since I received a waitlist snail mail letter only a couple of weeks ago. I had not yet even replied to the waitlist offer. Is this common or some sort of mistake?

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:27 am

scottfergmartin wrote:I also received the "Congratulations Email" saying that I had been admitted on Friday which is confusing since I received a waitlist snail mail letter only a couple of weeks ago. I had not yet even replied to the waitlist offer. Is this common or some sort of mistake?

This has happened to a few people so far, so it's not just you. I've been pretty confused by it every time people have mentioned it. If you want to be sure, nothing would help more than calling!

krad

Postby krad » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:11 am

I don't think it's a mistake. I got that same email yesterday (though I wasn't on the WL) :)

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:53 am

krad wrote:I don't think it's a mistake. I got that same email yesterday (though I wasn't on the WL) :)

Congrats Krad!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”