CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bananeez

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby bananeez » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:38 am

ptblazer wrote:
brose wrote:Got my acceptance letter yesterday!

And the girl who got the full ride w/ the 164 has a lot of awesome softs :D

Alright!! Now you know it wasn't a joke, haha. Out of Curiosity, did the letter mention the WL, or was it the standard acceptance?

I'm glad the girl who got the scholarship has awesome softs. I for one am glad that CU is giving full rides to people who have actually earned them and not just applicants with 170+ LSAT and 3.9 GPA. Accomplishments outside the classroom speak a whole lot louder than a 4 hour test, in my book.

+1

I'm behind ---How did you guys get all this info? Congrats to this full rider!!

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:53 am

bananeez wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
brose wrote:Got my acceptance letter yesterday!

And the girl who got the full ride w/ the 164 has a lot of awesome softs :D

Alright!! Now you know it wasn't a joke, haha. Out of Curiosity, did the letter mention the WL, or was it the standard acceptance?

I'm glad the girl who got the scholarship has awesome softs. I for one am glad that CU is giving full rides to people who have actually earned them and not just applicants with 170+ LSAT and 3.9 GPA. Accomplishments outside the classroom speak a whole lot louder than a 4 hour test, in my book.

+1

I'm behind ---How did you guys get all this info? Congrats to this full rider!!

On LSN, I'm not sure what all her softs were though.

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:54 am

And it's coming via letter or e-mail?

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:00 pm

bananeez wrote:And it's coming via letter or e-mail?

This I don't know. The women on LSN wrote letter, which makes me think via snail mail, but I suppose that could also apply to a document attached to an email.

There was also someone (else?) last night who wrote they received a scholarship notice by email.

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:02 pm

ptblazer wrote:

This I don't know. The women on LSN wrote letter, which makes me think via snail mail, but I suppose that could also apply to a document attached to an email.

There was also someone (else?) last night who wrote they received a scholarship notice by email.

Hmmm... Thanks for catching me up. I'm going to go ahead and assume snail mail because I didn't get an email yesterday... :D

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:05 pm

bananeez wrote:
ptblazer wrote:

Hmmm... Thanks for catching me up. I'm going to go ahead and assume snail mail because I didn't get an email yesterday... :D

I'm assuming that too, haha. I'm sure you'll have something in the mail today or EDIT: Tuesday.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:16 pm

ptblazer wrote:
bananeez wrote:
ptblazer wrote:

I'm assuming that too, haha. I'm sure you'll have something in the mail today or EDIT: Tuesday.

You two hold up on that scholarship talk. They informed me via rebel hologram that I am the law school's only hope. Thus the school will be giving me the dean's scholarship, a living and travel stipend, and a skiing stipend.

Sorry for taking up the other 4 full rides single handedly.

The law school also said their law review as well as Yale's will publish my written notes on how to be awesome.

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:21 pm

typ3 wrote:
You two hold up on that scholarship talk. They informed me via rebel hologram that I am the law school's only hope. Thus the school will be giving me the dean's scholarship, a living and travel stipend, and a skiing stipend.

The law school also said their law review as well as Yale's will publish my written notes on how to be awesome.

Drinks on typ3 at ASD!!!

typ3

Postby typ3 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:28 pm

bananeez wrote:
typ3 wrote:

Drinks on typ3 at ASD!!!

I would, but CU doesn't want to admit me... *wink wink adcoms*

banana are you a creighton alum?

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:37 pm

typ3 wrote:
bananeez wrote:
typ3 wrote:

Drinks on typ3 at ASD!!!

Nope... Do I sound like a creighton alum?

typ3

Postby typ3 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:39 pm

bananeez wrote:
typ3 wrote:
bananeez wrote:
typ3 wrote:

Drinks on typ3 at ASD!!!

your lsn said private ne, didn't know if that meant nebraska or north east

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:46 pm

typ3 wrote:
bananeez wrote:
typ3 wrote:

your lsn said private ne, didn't know if that meant nebraska or north east

North East. :D

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:48 pm

typ3 wrote:

Hahaha you are awesome. I hope you wind up going to CU.

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:08 pm

Grrr. I didn't get the full ride. F all of you.

Jk, congratz. I hope I get some money soon tho!

krad

Postby krad » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:27 pm

Woahhh I come back and miss talk of a full ride scholly? Dang congrats to that chica!

I'm going to hope that they'd throw some $ at me, but it's probably unlikely since I'm already in state :|

Brose congrats! typ3 mayb your letter is in my bunch that they mailed out yesterday?? I imagine it'll arrive here next week (unless some miracle brought it here today)...

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:34 pm

krad wrote:Woahhh I come back and miss talk of a full ride scholly? Dang congrats to that chica!

I'm going to hope that they'd throw some $ at me, but it's probably unlikely since I'm already in state :|

Brose congrats! typ3 mayb your letter is in my bunch that they mailed out yesterday?? I imagine it'll arrive here next week (unless some miracle brought it here today)...

Nah, I think you will receive some scholarship money.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:59 pm

krad wrote:Woahhh I come back and miss talk of a full ride scholly? Dang congrats to that chica!

I doubt it for some reason. I feel like they are going to email me an acceptance on March 10th and at that point I'll be SOL to make it for admitted student day. Hence I'll have to stop by in April when the snow is mush on the mountains. Well, that kaboshed my idea of hitting the slopes.

TheGreatWait

Postby TheGreatWait » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:32 pm

I found out yesterday that I got a Dean's Scholarship (full ride). They send you an email with a pdf letter attachment, in case anyone was wondering. Good luck to everyone!

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:39 pm

TheGreatWait wrote:I found out yesterday that I got a Dean's Scholarship (full ride). They send you an email with a pdf letter attachment, in case anyone was wondering. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations!!

TheGreatWait

Postby TheGreatWait » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:44 pm

ptblazer wrote:
TheGreatWait wrote:I found out yesterday that I got a Dean's Scholarship (full ride). They send you an email with a pdf letter attachment, in case anyone was wondering. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations!!

Thanks!! I was actually really shocked. Hope everyone else gets good news next week!

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:49 pm

TheGreatWait wrote:
ptblazer wrote:

Congratulations!!

Thanks!! I was actually really shocked. Hope everyone else gets good news next week!

Haha, me too... Is Colorado high on your list?

typ3

Postby typ3 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:51 pm

TheGreatWait wrote:
ptblazer wrote:

Congratulations!!

I take it you're the 164 / 3.7 on LSN?

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:53 pm

typ3 wrote:
TheGreatWait wrote:
ptblazer wrote:

Congratulations!!

I take it you're the 164 / 3.7 on LSN?

I don't think they are the same, different schools in their profile.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:58 pm

ptblazer wrote:
I don't think they are the same, different schools in their profile.

Ah you're right. 166 / 3.885

greeneyes812

Postby greeneyes812 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Just curious, any applicants left that have been complete for over a month? I though for sure I would have heard back by now...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”