CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thewarflamingo

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:49 pm

upfish wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:wow, that's amazing! I just wish I knew where she lived so I could estimate when I will (not) receive a scholarship letter. Good luck everyone, I'm happy to see some scholarship movement!

Haha, she's in Austin, TX, I think. They spoke with her over the phone or email or something according to her profile. God I feel creepy right now.

ohhhh so they told her by phone/email and not snail mail? Because if it's snail mail, then I only have like tomorrow as my last hope for a $$ letter since I'm in San Antonio.

And yeah...you are creeptastic, but I don't mind because it benefits us. :D

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Actually, I just looked at her page. I think her letter came snail mail, but separate from her admit packet since her packet was mailed 1/28 and she received the $ letter 2/18 and my acceptance letter only took a week to get to SA. Stand guard by your mailboxes!!!!

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:55 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
upfish wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:wow, that's amazing! I just wish I knew where she lived so I could estimate when I will (not) receive a scholarship letter. Good luck everyone, I'm happy to see some scholarship movement!

Haha, she's in Austin, TX, I think. They spoke with her over the phone or email or something according to her profile. God I feel creepy right now.

ohhhh so they told her by phone/email and not snail mail? Because if it's snail mail, then I only have like tomorrow as my last hope for a $$ letter since I'm in San Antonio.

They notified via email today.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:56 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
upfish wrote:

They notified via email today.

What???????????? really????????? how do you know????????? Did you get a scholarship? If so, congrats!

Edit: though you just made me very depressed!

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:00 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:Actually, I just looked at her page. I think her letter came snail mail, but separate from her admit packet since her packet was mailed 1/28 and she received the $ letter 2/18 and my acceptance letter only took a week to get to SA. Stand guard by your mailboxes!!!!

Yeah my impression is that she got a letter via snail mail, but a phone call or email makes sense for a full ride. Does it really take a full week for mail to get from CO to South TX? I would think it would only take 2 or 3 days (after pickup).

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:04 pm

ptblazer wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:Actually, I just looked at her page. I think her letter came snail mail, but separate from her admit packet since her packet was mailed 1/28 and she received the $ letter 2/18 and my acceptance letter only took a week to get to SA. Stand guard by your mailboxes!!!!

Yeah my impression is that she got a letter via snail mail, but a phone call or email makes sense for a full ride. Does it really take a full week for mail to get from CO to South TX? I would think it would only take 2 or 3 days (after pickup).

Well it took my letter exactly 7 days, but this was also during the snow storm so it probably delayed it. Well her LSN says, "Scholly letter from Colorado naming me a Dean's Scholar and giving me full tuition." so sounds like email or mail, but other dude says email so I don't know...

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:06 pm

I received the email today. Colorado is making this cycle interesting.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:07 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:I received the email today. Colorado is making this cycle interesting.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they just sent the full-rides today via email??? hmm...CU is confusing.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:08 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:I received the email today. Colorado is making this cycle interesting.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. It was completely unexpected and shocking.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:09 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. It was completely unexpected and shocking.

That's so awesome! I bet it feels GREAT! How is CU stacking up for you? Will you be at the March ASD?

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:09 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
ptblazer wrote:

Well it took my letter exactly 7 days, but this was also during the snow storm so it probably delayed it. Well her LSN says, "Scholly letter from Colorado naming me a Dean's Scholar and giving me full tuition." so sounds like email or mail, but other dude says email so I don't know...

First of all I don't know why I'm going to bat for the Postmaster General, but here I go. Based on the date of the letter? My guess is that they put it in the mailbox Friday evening (after pickup) and it wasn't picked up until monday, because the office is closed Saturday.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:10 pm

Congratulations, thats great news!!!!!

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:12 pm

ptblazer wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
ptblazer wrote:

First of all I don't know why I'm going to bat for the Postmaster General, but here I go. Based on the date of the letter? My guess is that they put it in the mailbox Friday evening (after pickup) and it wasn't picked up until monday, because the office is closed Saturday.

ahh yeah, it's marked as arriving/leaving Denver on 1/10, but it's stamped 1/7, and arrived 1/14.

Edit: do you mean the post office or the admissions office is closed Saturday? Because my post office is open Saturdays, is that unusual?

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Wow, I can send postcard from a small town in SE Asia to the West Coast of America in that amount of time. Sorry for the fixation on the mail, I guess I am just try to distract myself from the lack of scholarship money from CU.

Edit: Admissions office, but I'm just assuming it is closed.
Last edited by ptblazer on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:18 pm

congrats!!!
international aviation wizard made me lulz

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:21 pm

ptblazer wrote:Wow, I can send postcard from a small town in SE Asia to the West Coast of America in that amount of time. Sorry for the fixation on the mail, I guess I am just try to distract myself from the lack of scholarship money from CU.

Well damn, that's some supersonic mail if it can get there that fast! I actually think I get mail pretty quickly here. For example, UF mailed out our acceptance packages and people who lived literally one mile from the school in Gainesville got it the same exact day as I did in TX. Or maybe that just shows that FL mail is super slow...

...but yeah, where's my money, CU??? I guess I won't be ending up in Boulder after all, but I'm still super excited for ASD!

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:24 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
ptblazer wrote:Wow, I can send postcard from a small town in SE Asia to the West Coast of America in that amount of time. Sorry for the fixation on the mail, I guess I am just try to distract myself from the lack of scholarship money from CU.

Well damn, that's some supersonic mail if it can get there that fast! I actually think I get mail pretty quickly here. For example, UF mailed out our acceptance packages and people who lived literally one mile from the school in Gainesville got it the same exact day as I did in TX. Or maybe that just shows that FL mail is super slow...

...but yeah, where's my money, CU??? I guess I won't be ending up in Boulder after all, but I'm still super excited for ASD!

It was quick towards the states, but took 6 weeks the other direction, haha. A testiment to the American Postoffice.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:25 pm

ptblazer wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:

It was quick towards the states, but took 6 weeks the other direction, haha. A testiment to the American Postoffice.

Damn, do you work for the post office? Because you seem to stick up for them a lot even though they are hoarding our scholarship letters :wink:

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:28 pm

No, just trying to stockpile some postoffice Karma.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:30 pm

ptblazer wrote:No, just trying to stockpile some postoffice Karma.

Want to share any of that karma? I need some at this point :oops:

typ3

Postby typ3 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:01 am

thewarflamingo wrote:
ptblazer wrote:No, just trying to stockpile some postoffice Karma.

Want to share any of that karma? I need some at this point :oops:

ugh... I just want to get my acceptance...

here's to hoping for next week... and the powerball ticket i bought today.

whitman

Postby whitman » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:08 am

Damn. No schollie letter.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:40 am

Late to the post office party, but I did want to point out that, in CU's case, it's not CU's fault that letters take a week to get anywhere (even Denver).

Since CU is a state school, they have to use state services, which includes Colorado's central mail services. As someone intimately familiar with the central mail services here in Colorado, it's where good things go to die. A letter mailed from one state office to another will take a week to get there. This is such an accepted fact, items with deadlines are often post-dated to allow for the extra week. :mrgreen:

brose

Postby brose » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:53 am

Got my acceptance letter yesterday!

And the girl who got the full ride w/ the 164 has a lot of awesome softs :D

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:23 am

brose wrote:Got my acceptance letter yesterday!

And the girl who got the full ride w/ the 164 has a lot of awesome softs :D

Alright!! Now you know it wasn't a joke, haha. Out of Curiosity, did the letter mention the WL, or was it the standard acceptance?

I'm glad the girl who got the scholarship has awesome softs. I for one am glad that CU is giving full rides to people who have actually earned them and not just applicants with 170+ LSAT and 3.9 GPA. Accomplishments outside the classroom speak a whole lot louder than a 4 hour test, in my book.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”