CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bildungsroman

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:56 am

Hey let me know if there's going to be a TLS meetup at one of the CU admitted students events; I live in the area so I could probably swing by.

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:58 am

ptblazer wrote:Also, with your numbers Oldhippie I bet you'll get a nice scholarship offer from CU.

did you hear that, CU scholarship gods????? ptblazer said so, now make it happen!!! :D

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:01 pm

ptblazer wrote:
oldhippie wrote:
LeDique wrote:I knew from looking at last year's thread that CU was going to take forever with money, so I was prepared for it, but its still irritating now that I actually am doing the waiting.

Oh well, nothing we can do, right?

same here, i knew it would be march before we heard but i somehow thought it would be different for us. we're special, ya know? :wink:

I thought it was going to be different for us too, but only because the acceptance letter said scholarships would be sent out starting in late Jan. I'm sure you guys will start hearing something before March though.

Also, with your numbers Oldhippie I bet you'll get a nice scholarship offer from CU.

They told them late january last year too. :(

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:09 pm

ptblazer wrote:
oldhippie wrote:
LeDique wrote:I knew from looking at last year's thread that CU was going to take forever with money, so I was prepared for it, but its still irritating now that I actually am doing the waiting.

same here, i knew it would be march before we heard but i somehow thought it would be different for us. we're special, ya know? :wink:

I thought it was going to be different for us too, but only because the acceptance letter said scholarships would be sent out starting in late Jan. I'm sure you guys will start hearing something before March though.

Also, with your numbers Oldhippie I bet you'll get a nice scholarship offer from CU.

Sure.. just give all the $ to the fogies. What about us poor college grads whom still work odd jobs to pay the rent?

I have yet to be accepted by CU.. dang pony must have bitten the dust on the way here, fallen into a well, or broke its leg.

Lassie is the only one who can save me now.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:11 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
oldhippie wrote:

They told them late january last year too. :(

Oh I wasn't aware of that. Well it looks like last year they received them first week in March. Maybe they will give us our scholarships at the mock class during ASD. Every correct answer is worth 5k, haha.

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:11 pm

lassie likes old people. she won't save you if you say mean things about them.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:13 pm

oldhippie wrote:lassie likes old people. she won't save you if you say mean things about them.

agreed

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:14 pm

oldhippie wrote:lassie likes old people. she won't save you if you say mean things about them.

Given what people are saying on here, you and I will be the only ones left for April ASW. We can rock paper scissors for the scholarship $ over drinks.

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:15 pm

typ3 wrote:

Given what people are saying on here, you and I will be the only ones left for April ASW. We can rock paper scissors for the scholarship $ over drinks.

:lol:
it's on!!

krad

Postby krad » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Ohai if I ever get in I'll likely be making the 30min drive up to the April ASW... I will be crashing your rock paper scissors game :mrgreen:

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:38 pm

^^^^
counting on it!!

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:45 pm

krad wrote:Ohai if I ever get in I'll likely be making the 30min drive up to the April ASW... I will be crashing your rock paper scissors game :mrgreen:

ok :)

Anyone else here an avid scrabble player? I play a game a day. It's my guilty pleasure. Best $4 I ever spent on an ipad app.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm

typ3 wrote:
krad wrote:Ohai if I ever get in I'll likely be making the 30min drive up to the April ASW... I will be crashing your rock paper scissors game :mrgreen:

ok :)

Anyone else here an avid scrabble player? I play a game a day. It's my guilty pleasure. Best $4 I ever spent on an ipad app.

Undefeated scrabble champ right here.

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:19 pm

oldhippie wrote:
ptblazer wrote:Also, with your numbers Oldhippie I bet you'll get a nice scholarship offer from CU.

did you hear that, CU scholarship gods????? ptblazer said so, now make it happen!!! :D

Somebody on here a little while ago said the professor said they would be making their final scholarship decisions on what would now be last week, so that means letters would be starting to arrive today! Right???

And OldHippie, that's really nice about the e-mail you got. You should choose CU just because they're nice. Seriously, haha.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:22 pm

bananeez wrote:
oldhippie wrote:

Somebody on here a little while ago said the professor said they would be making their final scholarship decisions on what would now be last week, so that means letters would be starting to arrive today! Right???

And OldHippie, that's really nice about the e-mail you got. You should choose CU just because they're nice. Seriously, haha.

They couldn't make their FINAL decision last week if the deadline to apply hasn't passed. I would guess they will send out preliminary scholarship recipients before March, but I would expect a second batch in late March or early april just before deposits are due, and the final one AFTER seat deposits after a few top candidates withdraw (they normally recycle the money). There are always a few last minute candidates with stellar stats who snag a schollie or two who apply just before the dead line. It's still a numbers game for them.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:27 pm

I emailed asking about scholarships, I'll post their response when I get one.

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:28 pm

typ3 wrote:
bananeez wrote:

They couldn't make their FINAL decision last week if the deadline to apply hasn't passed. I would guess they will send out preliminary scholarship recipients before March, but I would expect a second batch in late March or early april just before deposits are due, and the final one AFTER seat deposits after a few top candidates withdraw (they normally recycle the money). There are always a few last minute candidates with stellar stats who snag a schollie or two who apply just before the dead line. It's still a numbers game for them.

That makes sense. I was surprised that a professor was even allowed to say that in the e-mail with rolling admissions. I'm guessing he meant the first round of acceptances or something. Either way, I hope I see some letters come in this week!!

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:32 pm

bananeez wrote:Somebody on here a little while ago said the professor said they would be making their final scholarship decisions on what would now be last week, so that means letters would be starting to arrive today! Right???

Thats what I was thinking also.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Ok got a response to my email, I was emailing to confirm that I'll be at the open house then I asked about scholarships, but she didn't respond to my scholarship question, she just said it will be good to have me at the open house. Bummer.

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:01 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:Ok got a response to my email, I was emailing to confirm that I'll be at the open house then I asked about scholarships, but she didn't respond to my scholarship question, she just said it will be good to have me at the open house. Bummer.

Haha, didn't even acknowledge the question? Did you just ask when they were coming? Or about your specifically?

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:08 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:Ok got a response to my email, I was emailing to confirm that I'll be at the open house then I asked about scholarships, but she didn't respond to my scholarship question, she just said it will be good to have me at the open house. Bummer.

guess that's better than the no response at all i got to my travel stipend request!
so very secretive about the whole thing...

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:11 pm

bananeez wrote:

Haha, didn't even acknowledge the question? Did you just ask when they were coming? Or about your specifically?

No acknowledgment at all. I asked when they expected to start sending them out in general. I would rather them say oh we can't tell you that or something than to straight up ignore my question, unless she forwarded my email to someone else who could answer, but who knows.

upfish

Postby upfish » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:14 pm

oldhippie wrote:

guess that's better than the no response at all i got to my travel stipend request!
so very secretive about the whole thing...

Give it a couple of days and follow up. I sent one email, got no response, and sent another the following Monday. They were like "Oh, sorry, we are figuring that out." After ANOTHER follow-up, they sent me some more stuff about how they were working on it, and two days later I got the final email w/the stipend. =)

krad

Postby krad » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Maybe I should email and ask wtfs up with my app...I've been debating doing this, obviously I would rephrase that question. Thoughts?

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:18 pm

krad wrote:Maybe I should email and ask wtfs up with my app...I've been debating doing this, obviously I would rephrase that question. Thoughts?

I would if I was in your situation.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”