CU Boulder 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thewarflamingo

Silver

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Post by thewarflamingo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:30 pm

oldhippie wrote:yeah, and i'm an old person so i'm scared that y'all will resent my presence there :wink:
also, i don't want them to know how badly i want to go there until they give me a scholly offer! so i don't want to reveal my IRL self yet :wink:
Haha yeah I'm pretty sure I've outed myself like crazy on here.

CU, I like you a lot...but can't you be a cheaper date or pick up the tab every once in a while??

jayman6

Bronze

Post by jayman6 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:39 pm

My request to join the FB group was just approved. Ironic...

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:42 pm

jayman6 wrote:My request to join the FB group was just approved. Ironic...
They're watching us... :shock:

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:42 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
jayman6 wrote:My request to join the FB group was just approved. Ironic...
They're watching us... :shock:
I was about to say the same thing!

LOL.

jayman6

Bronze

Post by jayman6 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:43 pm

If they are watching this and acting on our requests, I sure hope they start sending scholarship offers soon!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:43 pm

see!!!
my paranoia is warrented!! :wink:

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:46 pm

I just requested to be part of the fb group!
I requested to be part of bu's last week and they still haven't approved me! It's like getting rejected via facebook. :?

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:46 pm

jayman6 wrote:If they are watching this and acting on our requests, I sure hope they start sending scholarship offers soon!
+1,000,000

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:48 pm

Haha well it's nice to see all the new faces on the facebook page, now I get to guess who some of you are, this could be a fun game haha

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:25 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:I just requested to be part of the fb group!
I requested to be part of bu's last week and they still haven't approved me! It's like getting rejected via facebook. :?
lol,, now they're getting selective with facebook? Pshh

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:26 pm

jayman6 wrote:If they are watching this and acting on our requests, I sure hope they start sending scholarship offers soon!
Or maybe, ahem, accepting some more TLSers!

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:55 pm

I joined because I am an information junkie, and I want to know everything I can to make a good decision. Moving to CO sounds really great on several levels, but I am kind of unwilling to lose my network here. =/ Houston is really great for ambitious young professionals, and I'm gonna need at least a little $$ as incentive to see if that's true in CO as well. *winks at CU's scholarship decision makers*

Can anybody comment on that incidentally? Pufer?

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:06 pm

upfish wrote:I joined because I am an information junkie, and I want to know everything I can to make a good decision. Moving to CO sounds really great on several levels, but I am kind of unwilling to lose my network here. =/ Houston is really great for ambitious young professionals, and I'm gonna need at least a little $$ as incentive to see if that's true in CO as well. *winks at CU's scholarship decision makers*

I have similar concerns about leaving texas, so I'm interested in the answers to your questions.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:15 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
upfish wrote:I joined because I am an information junkie, and I want to know everything I can to make a good decision. Moving to CO sounds really great on several levels, but I am kind of unwilling to lose my network here. =/ Houston is really great for ambitious young professionals, and I'm gonna need at least a little $$ as incentive to see if that's true in CO as well. *winks at CU's scholarship decision makers*

I have similar concerns about leaving texas, so I'm interested in the answers to your questions.
Personally I wouldn't leave an area (without incentive) that I wanted to come back to, especially if I had a solid law school option in said area.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:27 pm

ptblazer wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:

Personally I wouldn't leave an area (without incentive) that I wanted to come back to, especially if I had a solid law school option in said area.
If you don't want to be classmates with me, just say so :cry:

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:34 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:

If you don't want to be classmates with me, just say so :cry:
Hahaha. Busted, I want your scholarship money.

Edit: I'm just kidding of course.

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:54 pm

ptblazer wrote:
I don't really want to come back to TX. I just happen to be here, and I have some pretty impressive (to me, at least) opportunities. I do plan to move north within 5 or so years, and since CO is one of the states I'd like to move to, if I get enough money from CU, it would probably be worth giving up the opportunities here.

So, it's a decision on hiatus for now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:57 pm

upfish wrote:
I don't really want to come back to TX. I just happen to be here, and I have some pretty impressive (to me, at least) opportunities. I do plan to move north within 5 or so years, and since CO is one of the states I'd like to move to, if I get enough money from CU, it would probably be worth giving up the opportunities here.

I hope you don't mind me asking but your profile says that you were waitlisted at CU. Were you admitted or waitlisted?

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:01 pm

ptblazer wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote: If you don't want to be classmates with me, just say so :cry:
Hahaha. Busted, I want your scholarship money.

Edit: I'm just kidding of course.
Pshh what scholarship????

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:04 pm

upfish wrote:
ptblazer wrote:

Oh I see, thats a tough decision. My only advice would be to evalute where you want to be long term and what the best avenue is to get there.

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:58 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
upfish wrote:

I hope you don't mind me asking but your profile says that you were waitlisted at CU. Were you admitted or waitlisted?
My profile is apparently a crazy person. o.O I was admitted 1/31ish. I think those are stats from last year when I was actually filling out my profile on here and had a much less exciting LSAT score. TLS saved my life, haha.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:22 pm

So what's the consesus, first round of scholarship offers next week?

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm a little late on this, but I forgot to mention... lawschoolpredictor.com had me as an "admit", so I was really shocked by my waitlist.

Any advice on an LOCI?

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:34 pm

chrisbru wrote:I'm a little late on this, but I forgot to mention... lawschoolpredictor.com had me as an "admit", so I was really shocked by my waitlist.

Any advice on an LOCI?
Encourage them to evaluate the entire body of work of your file and point out the strong aspects. Also, show them the value you'll bring to CU and how you've demonstrated that in the past. Then of course the obvious, why CU.

I think you've got a really good shot at getting off that waitlist.

SherlockHolmes

Bronze

Post by SherlockHolmes » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:39 pm

ptblazer wrote:
chrisbru wrote:I'm a little late on this, but I forgot to mention... lawschoolpredictor.com had me as an "admit", so I was really shocked by my waitlist.

Any advice on an LOCI?
Encourage them to evaluate the entire body of work of your file and point out the strong aspects. Also, show them the value you'll bring to CU and how you've demonstrated that in the past. Then of course the obvious, why CU.

I think you've got a really good shot at getting off that waitlist.
Make sure to speak to the likelihood that you'll attend if admitted as well.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”