CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chrisbru

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby chrisbru » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:49 pm

JakeL wrote:I got a fee waiver but I requested one very early...

You got a fee waiver from DU? They told me they were only doing it for people with financial need, not merit based.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:50 pm

chrisbru wrote:

You got a fee waiver from DU? They told me they were only doing it for people with financial need, not merit based.

Same here. I requested one very early too. Said they were not doing ANY merit based. Hm.

krad

Postby krad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Barbie wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

Same here. I requested one very early too. Said they were not doing ANY merit based. Hm.

Maybe poster was need-based or thought yall were talking about CU waivers? ...I'm bored @ work.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:53 pm

krad wrote:
Maybe poster was need-based or thought yall were talking about CU waivers? ...I'm bored @ work.

Thanks for keeping these threads busy... I'm also bored at work! 3 days before holiday break = not much to do!

krad

Postby krad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:55 pm

chrisbru wrote:
krad wrote:

Thanks for keeping these threads busy... I'm also bored at work! 3 days before holiday break = not much to do!

Exactly. Half of my office is gone this week.

It doesn't help AT ALL that my SO and two of my bffs have taken a day off of their respective jobs to hit the pow that is pounding the mtns today. Wahhh!!

mrwarre85

Postby mrwarre85 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:01 pm

chrisbru wrote:

I got a fee waiver from DU. In my email I specifically asked for a merit-based fee waiver. They must have just stopped the policy and never communicated to the admissions office that they had previously issued fee waivers.. That or someone in admissions doesn't know how to say no very well (or accurately).

Apply anyway DU is a good option if you want to start off your career in Colorado.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:03 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

I got a fee waiver from DU. In my email I specifically asked for a merit-based fee waiver. They must have just stopped the policy and never communicated to the admissions office that they had previously issued fee waivers.. That or someone in admissions doesn't know how to say no very well (or accurately).

Apply anyway DU is a good option if you want to start off your career in Colorado.

I'll ask again for one. I can't afford to fork out the $ man! haha.

krad

Postby krad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:06 pm

Barbie wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

Barbie, please keep us posted :) I'd apply to DU with a fee waiver in a second as a second option to stay in CO. Otherwise it's either CU or I'm outta here and coming back 3 years later!

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:10 pm

Barbie wrote:

Great minds think alike... I emailed DU after it was mentioned on here, and they very promptly got back to me saying they will grant me one when I provide me LSAC account number! WAHOO!

krad

Postby krad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:12 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Barbie wrote:

Great minds think alike... I emailed DU after it was mentioned on here, and they very promptly got back to me saying they will grant me one when I provide me LSAC account number! WAHOO!

Done and done thanks!

Edit: Meaning I'm asking this minute.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:19 pm

strange! doing my denver app tonight :)

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:51 pm

Barbie wrote:strange! doing my denver app tonight :)

Same here... Actually, it's all ready to go, I just need the fee waiver to kick in...

I wonder how that will affect $$$ decisions, being a few months late?

krad

Postby krad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:41 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Barbie wrote:strange! doing my denver app tonight :)

Same here... Actually, it's all ready to go, I just need the fee waiver to kick in...

I wonder how that will affect $$$ decisions, being a few months late?

got my waiver!

/CU thread derail... :wink:

mrwarre85

Postby mrwarre85 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:54 pm

DU thread hijack. But if CU adcomms read this, please let us in.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:28 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:DU thread hijack. But if CU adcomms read this, please let us in.

Yes, yes... DU is simply a back-up plan for if CU doesn't work out in our favor, which should illustrate our absolute love for the state and extreme desire to practice there after graduation... :D

mrwarre85

Postby mrwarre85 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:50 pm

chrisbru wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:DU thread hijack. But if CU adcomms read this, please let us in.

Yes, yes... DU is simply a back-up plan for if CU doesn't work out in our favor, which should illustrate our absolute love for the state and extreme desire to practice there after graduation... :D

This.

mrwarre85

Postby mrwarre85 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:51 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

This.

Unless DU was significantly cheaper, in which case I'd go to DU because I think its a great school too.

mrwarre85

Postby mrwarre85 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:51 pm

chrisbru wrote:

But mainly this.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:54 pm

I didn't apply to CU when they never responded to my request for a fee waiver, but I lurv the state of Colorado (current college student in CO) and would be interested in talking at length with you applicants about how wonderful the state is.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:28 am

Bildungsroman wrote:I didn't apply to CU when they never responded to my request for a fee waiver, but I lurv the state of Colorado (current college student in CO) and would be interested in talking at length with you applicants about how wonderful the state is.

I've never lived there... What are you favorite things about it?

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:38 am

chrisbru wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:I didn't apply to CU when they never responded to my request for a fee waiver, but I lurv the state of Colorado (current college student in CO) and would be interested in talking at length with you applicants about how wonderful the state is.

I've never lived there... What are you favorite things about it?

Fresh air, 300 days of sunshine, tons of hiking, fishing, camping, skiing/snowboarding, mountain biking, etc. Beautiful state in general. Low taxes, good education opportunities, attractive populace, strong economy. I may be biased because I grew up in this state, but I think it's a really great place to live, whether it's in the cities or suburbs or the country.

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:38 am

They responded to mine when I contacted them before the cycle started... then told me to contact them the day admissions were open. I didn't receive a response for over a month and so decided to just re-email them my inquiry... they quickly sent over a fee-waiver after my second email.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:40 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
Fresh air, 300 days of sunshine, tons of hiking, fishing, camping, skiing/snowboarding, mountain biking, etc. Beautiful state in general. Low taxes, good education opportunities, attractive populace, strong economy. I may be biased because I grew up in this state, but I think it's a really great place to live, whether it's in the cities or suburbs or the country.

Sounds pretty great. 300 days of sunshine? Is it really that good? That would be an amazing change coming off of a year living in Seattle haha... I haven't seen sun since August!

krad

Postby krad » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:39 am

chrisbru wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

Sounds pretty great. 300 days of sunshine? Is it really that good? That would be an amazing change coming off of a year living in Seattle haha... I haven't seen sun since August!

Yes, it's for real :) Some of the things I love (current Denver resident): all of the above plus the large young professional population, friendly people, great music/concert scene, amazing food in Denver/Boulder, and well, man I guess the list could go on forever so I should just stop with that...

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:47 am

chrisbru wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

omg!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”