CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LeDique

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby LeDique » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:34 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:We need some details here, folks who heard back today.

Complete dates?

I was complete 11/19, 3.6, 166 - postmarked 1-31. Now where's my scholarship offer?!? :twisted:

krad

Postby krad » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:36 pm

LeDique wrote: I was complete 11/19, 3.6, 166 - postmarked 1-31. Now where's my scholarship offer?!? :twisted:

lol now you can't get greedy yet!

jwmalone87

Postby jwmalone87 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:38 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:We need some details here, folks who heard back today.

Complete dates?

I submitted my app on 12/21, but wasn't officially complete until they received my December LSAT score on January 19.

Just fyi, the acceptance letter said they started with scholarship decisions late last month and will inform students as needed via mail.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:42 pm

No kidding, haha. Although I think waiting for a scholarship letter is going to be tougher than waiting for a decision letter. At least with the decision you know something is coming, whether it is an accept/WL/reject. If you don't get a scholarship, nothing is coming.

krad

Postby krad » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:44 pm

ptblazer wrote:No kidding, haha. Although I think waiting for a scholarship letter is going to be tougher than waiting for a decision letter. At least with the decision you know something is coming, whether it is an accept/WL/reject. If you don't get a scholarship, nothing is coming.

This is true. A scholly will also play a big part in my decision to attend (if admitted of course), so hopefully that won't take five years as well... but, I am getting ahead of myself. :mrgreen:

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:46 pm

ptblazer wrote:No kidding, haha. Although I think waiting for a scholarship letter is going to be tougher than waiting for a decision letter. At least with the decision you know something is coming, whether it is an accept/WL/reject. If you don't get a scholarship, nothing is coming.

Yeah, I almost wish they send a letter to everyone like W&L, indicating whether you got a scholarship or not.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:47 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:

Yeah, I almost wish they send a letter to everyone like W&L, indicating whether you got a scholarship or not.

Or just give everyone (EDIT: else) :) who isn't getting a scholarship $1/yr, so they get something in the mail.

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:52 pm

ptblazer wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:

Or just give everyone (EDIT: else) :) who isn't getting a scholarship $1/yr, so they get something in the mail.

+1. Like this.

brose

Postby brose » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:02 pm

franklin14 wrote:
brose wrote:WL via mail. Not sure I'm gonna send back in the thing to stay on it, though. My cycle is OVER! woo!

Sorry about CU, but congrats. W&M then, I am guessing?

I'm thinking so!

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:34 pm

CU letter today...

....Waitlist.

Welp, it was nice hanging out with you guys. Enjoy being a Buffalo.

If anyone is going to the March 25th ASD at Denver, let me know.

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:41 pm

chrisbru wrote:CU letter today...

....Waitlist.

That sucks :( not going to wait it out?

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:51 pm

....Waitlist.

:(
Sorry, chrisbru! I was pulling for you to get in...

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:59 pm

....Waitlist.

Oh no. I'm so sorry. You're not going to try for it? I may be at the Denver one as well, not sure yet.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:01 pm

....Waitlist.

Oh nooo, thats a huge bummer. I was pulling for you too. Sorry :(

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:30 pm

....Waitlist.

Sorry bro, I was hoping you would get in. Are you not planning to try and wait it out?

TreeHugger20

Postby TreeHugger20 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:45 pm

Waitlisted today via snail mail. :cry:

159/3.8. Went complete 12/01. I guess I'm going to ride it out, even though I know it's an exercise in futility. Congrats to everyone who got in! Even though I hate you... JK. Kind of.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:46 pm

I heard Colorado (specifically Boulder) has hot women. Thus I really hope i get in, oh and the law school isn't so bad.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:46 pm

TreeHugger20 wrote:Waitlisted today via snail mail. :cry:

159/3.8. Went complete 12/01. I guess I'm going to ride it out, even though I know it's an exercise in futility. Congrats to everyone who got in! Even though I hate you... JK. Kind of.

Shame, a point or 2 higher would have probably got you in.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:55 pm

kkklick wrote:I heard Colorado (specifically Boulder) has hot women. Thus I really hope i get in, oh and the law school isn't so bad.

Well, we all have to make our priorities... and also make some sacrifices.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:05 am

....Waitlist.

Gah, that sucks!

I'm going to Denver ASD - just registered. I think krad is going to, so we'll all have to make plans to meet up.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:22 am

fundamentallybroken wrote:

....Waitlist.

Gah, that sucks!

I'm going to Denver ASD - just registered. I think krad is going to, so we'll all have to make plans to meet up.

Sucks big time. I guess my acceptance at WUSTL gave me false hope. Getting waitlisted by both of my top 2 is a huge bummer... Especially since I did so well on the LSAT. Oh well, I wouldn't trade my undergraduate experience for anything. Sorry my mom got cancer and was hospitalized for a total of 18 weeks during my junior year.

I'll ride the waitlist, but Denver gave me $20k a year, and St. Thomas gave me a full ride... So I'll ride the waitlist at UMN and CU, but won't go for sticker, bottom line. I'd pay $20k TOTAL more for CU over DU, and $60k more for UMN over St Thomas... Other than that, it's a lower ranked school in my target market, or #26 Iowa with in-state tuition. Unless WUSTL is just so smitten by me that the want to make my total COA $120k or lower...

... If any of you want to meet up in Boulder the weekend of March 25th, I'll be visiting the school that morning (Friday) before heading to DU ASD after lunch. Will probably stay in Boulder on Thursday, party that night, and check out the school for a couple hours around nine and catch the bus to Denver since the gf will have the rental car in Ft. Collins visiting CSU. Hit me up if you want to drink with me in Boulder Thursday March 24th or Denver Friday March 25th, or possibly hit Breck on Saturday or Sunday that weekend.

Love you all, congrats to all that got in... Let's still hang out even if we go to "rival" Colorado law schools.

oldhippie

Postby oldhippie » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:33 am

shit, chrisbru, i'm really sorry :( i was pulling for you........

jayman6

Postby jayman6 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:45 pm

chrisbru wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:

....Waitlist.

Gah, that sucks!

Sucks big time. I guess my acceptance at WUSTL gave me false hope. Getting waitlisted by both of my top 2 is a huge bummer... Especially since I did so well on the LSAT. Oh well, I wouldn't trade my undergraduate experience for anything. Sorry my mom got cancer and was hospitalized for a total of 18 weeks during my junior year.

I'll ride the waitlist, but Denver gave me $20k a year, and St. Thomas gave me a full ride... So I'll ride the waitlist at UMN and CU, but won't go for sticker, bottom line. I'd pay $20k TOTAL more for CU over DU, and $60k more for UMN over St Thomas... Other than that, it's a lower ranked school in my target market, or #26 Iowa with in-state tuition. Unless WUSTL is just so smitten by me that the want to make my total COA $120k or lower...

... If any of you want to meet up in Boulder the weekend of March 25th, I'll be visiting the school that morning (Friday) before heading to DU ASD after lunch. Will probably stay in Boulder on Thursday, party that night, and check out the school for a couple hours around nine and catch the bus to Denver since the gf will have the rental car in Ft. Collins visiting CSU. Hit me up if you want to drink with me in Boulder Thursday March 24th or Denver Friday March 25th, or possibly hit Breck on Saturday or Sunday that weekend.

Love you all, congrats to all that got in... Let's still hang out even if we go to "rival" Colorado law schools.

Hey man. I just looked into visiting Boulder the morning of March 25th. Turns out they have spring break that weekend and the university is actually closed that day. I might just go walk around myself that morning, or go a day early. They are offering tours on the 24th but there are obviously no classes. I'm not sure yet what I'll do. It sucks.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Just booked my trip! I'll be staying in Denver with my friend March 3-6 and she is going to drop me off in Boulder on Friday for ASD. So excited to meet some of y'all!

whitman

Postby whitman » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:17 pm

When are the admitted students days again?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”