CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
stlisforlovers

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby stlisforlovers » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:02 pm

krad wrote:Ditto, I'll only post if I find something exciting in my mailbox!

I'm having a movie marathon tonight: The Kids Are All Right then Winter's Bone. This will be the first year I've ever seen all of the best picture nominated movies before Oscar night. I saw them all in theaters except these two, too. Lifetime achievement! Haha ahh I'm bored at work today.

Winter's Bone is quite depressing. And also makes my home state look rather bad. We're all not methheads in MO!

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:05 pm

bananeez wrote:
Nah... It's not about the equipment. It's all in the hips. (Cue chrisbru)

That's what... Wait a second. I feel like you're trying to make me the Michael Scott of this group before I even get an acceptance! Sneaky...

I feel like a slacker, I don't think I've seen any of the Oscar nominees... And if I have, I haven't seen the list of what is nominated so I wouldn't know!

PS - This is my favorite thread on TLS... I'm glad you are all around to entertain me during my endless boring days at work. Dance for me, puppets! Dance!

krad

Postby krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:08 pm

chrisbru wrote: Dance for me, puppets! Dance!

You are so becoming Michael Scott :mrgreen: jk

@ STL: I've heard it's pretty depressing, but I still am going to check it out. Don't worry, I won't let it color MO for me! (what up WUSTL!) I also rented Secretariat so if we're too down we can watch that afterward? Haha, I rode horses for 12 years so I fig I am allowed to rent any Disney horse-related movie...

franklin14

Postby franklin14 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:10 pm

chrisbru wrote:
LeDique wrote:
oldhippie wrote:since i plan to become a coloradan and have only tried downhill skiing once in my life as a 13 year old, i'm curious to know if snowboarding is harder or easier than skiing? i'll try both but i was just talking about this the other night and we couldn't decide...(people who live in SC are apparently not very knowledgeable about these things!)

IMO, skiing is a lot easier to start. Snowboarding is a lot easier once you get it down.

TITCR. Although, once you know the tool (wood plank on snow), translating it to other motions is much easier. I would say, for your sake, go with snowboarding. It's more fun, and it will be easier to find people you enjoy to ride with... And they (typically) aren't as hardcore or douchey about the sport.

Como?

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:11 pm

krad wrote:
chrisbru wrote: Dance for me, puppets! Dance!

You are so becoming Michael Scott :mrgreen: jk

@ STL: I've heard it's pretty depressing, but I still am going to check it out. Don't worry, I won't let it color MO for me! (what up WUSTL!) I also rented Secretariat so if we're too down we can watch that afterward? Haha, I rode horses for 12 years so I fig I am allowed to rent any Disney horse-related movie...

Damn.

Hey, I come from what used to be the meth capital of the world (Des Moines, Iowa, FTW) until Chicago (I think) took it over. I can vouch that STLers aren't all metheads, just a few.

Metheads could be misconstrued for meatheads at a glance. That gets confusing.

ETA:
franklin14 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
LeDique wrote:
oldhippie wrote:since i plan to become a coloradan and have only tried downhill skiing once in my life as a 13 year old, i'm curious to know if snowboarding is harder or easier than skiing? i'll try both but i was just talking about this the other night and we couldn't decide...(people who live in SC are apparently not very knowledgeable about these things!)

IMO, skiing is a lot easier to start. Snowboarding is a lot easier once you get it down.

TITCR. Although, once you know the tool (wood plank on snow), translating it to other motions is much easier. I would say, for your sake, go with snowboarding. It's more fun, and it will be easier to find people you enjoy to ride with... And they (typically) aren't as hardcore or douchey about the sport.

Como?

Assuming you are asking me how they are douchey... The ones I know just have a more pompous, east coasty, holier-than-thou attitude. I may be off base, but this includes both ones I've met in the Northwest AND the ones I've met in Colorado. I'm an uber-socializer, so I've met quite a few... So my population is most likely representative.

Then again, maybe I just rub skiiers the wrong way. Entirely possible.
Last edited by chrisbru on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krad

Postby krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:12 pm

TOTALLY read it as MEATheads for .005 seconds after the Meat thread earlier in the lounge (literally all about everyone's favorite kinds of meat, cuts, etc. lol).

E: I'm off to commute home and check my mail!! Ciao friends :)

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:16 pm

krad wrote:TOTALLY read it as MEATheads for .005 seconds after the Meat thread earlier in the lounge (literally all about everyone's favorite kinds of meat, cuts, etc. lol).

E: I'm off to commute home and check my mail!! Ciao friends :)

Good luck!

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:22 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Assuming you are asking me how they are douchey... The ones I know just have a more pompous, east coasty, holier-than-thou attitude. I may be off base, but this includes both ones I've met in the Northwest AND the ones I've met in Colorado. I'm an uber-socializer, so I've met quite a few... So my population is most likely representative.

I was born and raised a skier, and I am definitely NOT a douchie.

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:22 pm

chrisbru wrote:

Well, so far you HAVE come off like a giant douche about skiiers. I was just going to let it go but since you mentioned it..

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:23 pm

bananeez wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

:roll: We'll be the judge of that, bananeez. lol

franklin14

Postby franklin14 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Then again, maybe I just rub skiiers the wrong way. Entirely possible.[/quote]

To each their own. I don't think I have ever met a skier that fits that description... especially in CO/MT. Same goes for snowboarders. My friends do both.

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:30 pm

chrisbru wrote:

I wrote my personal statement on my need to help the epidemic of douchies in this great nation. I would assume that makes me the expert here, thankyouverymuch.

SherlockHolmes

Postby SherlockHolmes » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:33 pm

bananeez wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

I wrote my personal statement on my need to help the epidemic of douchies in this great nation. I would assume that makes me the expert here, thankyouverymuch.

True patriot.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:35 pm

chrisbru wrote:
bananeez wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

I know PLENTY of douchie boarders... Neither of you are in the clear yet. haha

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Shaun White=Douche. End of argument.

franklin14

Postby franklin14 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:38 pm

JakeL wrote:Shaun White=Douche. End of argument.

IMO, he is pretty awesome. Certainly one of the less-douchey great athletes. Never met the guy, only seen him in a bar.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:39 pm

franklin14 wrote:

IMO, he is pretty awesome. Certainly one of the less-douchey great athletes. Never met the guy, only seen him in a bar.

His interview with dan patrick was pretty hilarious.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Shaun white on a skateboard=Douchie

All the people (including the Vancouver B.C. Olympic judges) who think Shaun White is a god walking among men

Edit: I love his game, but I think he benifits from people worshiping his game, rather then purely earning it.
Last edited by ptblazer on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:59 pm

Getting this back on track. I've decided to go the March ASD, but what are people doing for transportation? I don't really want to rely on public transportation for this. Mostly, I'd like to see more of the area than the bus route. I guess I'm leaning toward getting a rental car, but I'm interested in other peoples opinions. I'm not 25 so I think I'd have to pay extra.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:02 pm

ptblazer wrote:Getting this back on track. I've decided to go the March ASD, but what are people doing for transportation? I don't really want to rely on public transportation for this. Mostly, I'd like to see more of the area than the bus route. I guess I'm leaning toward getting a rental car, but I'm interested in other peoples opinions. I'm not 25 so I think I'd have to pay extra.

I'm doing it by bus. I already shelled out way too much $$ renting a car on my visits to law schools back east. Plus I had to pay $150 extra for being under 25.

And there's a bus to Eldora so that will be good. :)

the11111111

Postby the11111111 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:04 pm

Hey guys... I was looking into some last minute schools and am really starting to fall in love with Colorado. But with my numbers , 2.9 166 I think it might be too late in the cycle to apply or is it?

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 pm

the11111111 wrote:Hey guys... I was looking into some last minute schools and am really starting to fall in love with Colorado. But with my numbers , 2.9 166 I think it might be too late in the cycle to apply or is it?

Someone who applied in October with a slightly higher GPA got waitlisted, but if you really want CU, go for it. It's not all a numbers game. You might regret it if you don't. Prepare to wait until about October for your decision though. :P

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:08 pm

@the11111111: Did you hear a fat lady sing ?

the11111111

Postby the11111111 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:15 pm

Nope...no fat lady yet... Im giving it a shot.. but just wanted to know what I should be expecting since yall probably know a lot more about CU than I do... that being said admissions is alot more unpredictable than I thought it would be...

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:17 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
ptblazer wrote:Getting this back on track. I've decided to go the March ASD, but what are people doing for transportation? I don't really want to rely on public transportation for this. Mostly, I'd like to see more of the area than the bus route. I guess I'm leaning toward getting a rental car, but I'm interested in other peoples opinions. I'm not 25 so I think I'd have to pay extra.

I'm doing it by bus. I already shelled out way too much $$ renting a car on my visits to law schools back east. Plus I had to pay $150 extra for being under 25.

And there's a bus to Eldora so that will be good. :)

It's that much huh? hmm... I've done the bus thing before during my undergrad visits and it was an issue. But that was in San Diego, which has a less than impressive public transportation system, unless all I was interested in was seeing the mall or spending 2 hours in a bus. (in my opinion).

It would be cheaper for me to drive there, but it's like 24 hours, yuck.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”