CU Boulder 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
krad

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Postby krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:14 pm

SherlockHolmes wrote:
LawSchoolPorFavor wrote:IN! App sent around 12/15, complete beginning of January...letter dated January 28. Numbers in both medians, URM. SO EXCITED!

Congrats!!!!!! God I hope this means admissions has finally gotten it together.

hahaha +1

@chris: Yes, I think I was mistaken... trivia night really is a must. Woot!

LawSchoolPorFavor

Postby LawSchoolPorFavor » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:20 pm

bananeez wrote:
LawSchoolPorFavor wrote:IN! App sent around 12/15, complete beginning of January...letter dated January 28. Numbers in both medians, URM. SO EXCITED!

Wow, a JANUARY complete! Yay!

Corgrats, PorFavor!

Thanks everyone! The letter was in the smallest envelope in the world...def thought it was a rejection when I saw it in the mailbox

krad

Postby krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:25 pm

I'm very anxious to check my mailbox today :) ^ congrats again!

SherlockHolmes

Postby SherlockHolmes » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:29 pm

krad wrote:I'm very anxious to check my mailbox today :) ^ congrats again!

+1
Odds are though, I'll end up being spurned after opening my mailbox and seeing nothing.

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:32 pm

Is it odd that I am considering CU heavily even in light of my T14 acceptances? I hope they throw some money at me so my decision will be easy. I would really like to spend three years in CO.

Congrats to all the recent admits and best of luck to those still waiting in the wings!

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:33 pm

LawSchoolPorFavor wrote:
Thanks everyone! The letter was in the smallest envelope in the world...def thought it was a rejection when I saw it in the mailbox

I was so sure it was a rejection, I couldn't open it. So I called my mom, who said, "What the hell are you doing??? Open it!!"

Haha. So, this is a good warning to everyone waiting -- it is definitely small.

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:35 pm

bananeez wrote:
LawSchoolPorFavor wrote:

I was so sure it was a rejection, I couldn't open it. So I called my mom, who said, "What the hell are you doing??? Open it!!"

+1mil

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:36 pm

LeDique wrote:
oldhippie wrote:since i plan to become a coloradan and have only tried downhill skiing once in my life as a 13 year old, i'm curious to know if snowboarding is harder or easier than skiing? i'll try both but i was just talking about this the other night and we couldn't decide...(people who live in SC are apparently not very knowledgeable about these things!)

IMO, skiing is a lot easier to start. Snowboarding is a lot easier once you get it down.

TITCR. Although, once you know the tool (wood plank on snow), translating it to other motions is much easier. I would say, for your sake, go with snowboarding. It's more fun, and it will be easier to find people you enjoy to ride with... And they (typically) aren't as hardcore or douchey about the sport.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:37 pm

bananeez wrote:
LawSchoolPorFavor wrote:

That's what she said...

...I couldn't help it.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:40 pm

chrisbru wrote:
LeDique wrote:
oldhippie wrote:since i plan to become a coloradan and have only tried downhill skiing once in my life as a 13 year old, i'm curious to know if snowboarding is harder or easier than skiing? i'll try both but i was just talking about this the other night and we couldn't decide...(people who live in SC are apparently not very knowledgeable about these things!)

IMO, skiing is a lot easier to start. Snowboarding is a lot easier once you get it down.

TITCR. Although, once you know the tool (wood plank on snow), translating it to other motions is much easier. I would say, for your sake, go with snowboarding. It's more fun, and it will be easier to find people you enjoy to ride with... And they (typically) aren't as hardcore or douchey about the sport.

Snowboards are also cheaper. I am going to learn how to snowboard. I've only skied once.

and LOL chrisbru.

whitman

Postby whitman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:44 pm

ArchRoark wrote:Is it odd that I am considering CU heavily even in light of my T14 acceptances? I hope they throw some money at me so my decision will be easy. I would really like to spend three years in CO.

Congrats to all the recent admits and best of luck to those still waiting in the wings!

I'm right there with you man. It might be stupid, but I can't get 3 years in Boulder out of my head.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:49 pm

whitman wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:Is it odd that I am considering CU heavily even in light of my T14 acceptances? I hope they throw some money at me so my decision will be easy. I would really like to spend three years in CO.

I'm right there with you man. It might be stupid, but I can't get 3 years in Boulder out of my head.

haha same. only I don't have any T14 acceptances. I do have an acceptance to UNC though. It will depend on $$$.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:55 pm

don't worry oldhippie, the last time I went snowboarding was when I was 13 too. Back in middle school the mountain park paid for all the 8th graders to go up to the mountain and take a week long class. And yes we did this during school hours and were bused up there by the school.

If I find time to go up there and re-learn, I will be completely new to it again.

krad

Postby krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:15 pm

ptblazer wrote:don't worry oldhippie, the last time I went snowboarding was when I was 13 too. Back in middle school the mountain park paid for all the 8th graders to go up to the mountain and take a week long class. And yes we did this during school hours and were bused up there by the school.

If I find time to go up there and re-learn, I will be completely new to it again.

AWESOME!

I've recently been debating learning how to ski in addition to snowboarding... I figure that skiing is something I can do into my 60's and on... I know quite a few older people here that ski, but none that ride :| HOWEVER, learning to ski right now, when I'm already good at snowboarding, would be such a pain.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:21 pm

krad wrote:
ptblazer wrote:don't worry oldhippie, the last time I went snowboarding was when I was 13 too. Back in middle school the mountain park paid for all the 8th graders to go up to the mountain and take a week long class. And yes we did this during school hours and were bused up there by the school.

AWESOME!

I've recently been debating learning how to ski in addition to snowboarding... I figure that skiing is something I can do into my 60's and on... I know quite a few older people here that ski, but none that ride :| HOWEVER, learning to ski right now, when I'm already good at snowboarding, would be such a pain.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Krad, please don't. I would be so disappointed in you.

Skiing is something you learn to do when you're 45 and can no longer physically snowboard. Or you hit the mountain for drinking and watching, and hit the golf course for fun.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Oh thanks for mentioning golf. Are there any "cheap" golf courses around Boulder? I'm talking sub $40 non-peak hour round of golf? There are tons of courses where I live, but they are all insanely expensive. Eventhough per stroke I'm probably getting a good deal anywhere I go, haha.

krad

Postby krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:38 pm

chrisbru wrote:
krad wrote:

AWESOME!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Krad, please don't. I would be so disappointed in you.

Skiing is something you learn to do when you're 45 and can no longer physically snowboard. Or you hit the mountain for drinking and watching, and hit the golf course for fun.

Haha I just said I had been debating doing it... but so far it hasn't happened :mrgreen:

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:48 pm

When I board, I'm annoyed with skiers, and when I ski, I'm annoyed with boarders.

And I'm always annoyed with the people on ski blades. Mostly because they look like penguins and I just want to push them over.

E: for lack of English skills.
Last edited by bananeez on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krad

Postby krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:49 pm

bananeez wrote:When I board, I'm annoyed skiers, and when I ski, I'm annoyed with boarders.

And I'm always annoyed the people on ski blades. Mostly because they look like penguins and I just want to push them over.

Bahah!

My SO skis, I ride. We get along. We each complain about the opposite's choice of enjoying the pow, though. :P

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:52 pm

krad wrote:
bananeez wrote:When I board, I'm annoyed skiers, and when I ski, I'm annoyed with boarders.

And I'm always annoyed the people on ski blades. Mostly because they look like penguins and I just want to push them over.

Bahah!

My SO skis, I ride. We get along. We each complain about the opposite's choice of enjoying the pow, though. :P

+1. Although, it's much more excusable for a girl to ski with a male boarder, than vice versa. Tell him to take his balls out of his purse and learn to snowboard.

krad

Postby krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:54 pm

chrisbru wrote: +1. Although, it's much more excusable for a girl to ski with a male boarder, than vice versa. Tell him to take his balls out of his purse and learn to snowboard.

We have discussed this, at length. Believe me :roll:

Anyone checked their mail recently? Fundamentally, I think I saw you didn't have anything today? Probably means nada for me, either.

ptblazer

Postby ptblazer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:55 pm

chrisbru wrote:
krad wrote:

Bahah!

+1. Although, it's much more excusable for a girl to ski with a male boarder, than vice versa. Tell him to take his balls out of his purse and learn to snowboard.

Uh oh.....

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:57 pm

krad wrote:
We have discussed this, at length. Believe me :roll:

Anyone checked their mail recently? Fundamentally, I think I saw you didn't have anything today? Probably means nada for me, either.

I haven't made it home to check the mail yet... If I get anything, I'll post around 4:30 PST. If not... Well, I probably won't get on TLS haha.

krad

Postby krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:00 pm

Ditto, I'll only post if I find something exciting in my mailbox!

I'm having a movie marathon tonight: The Kids Are All Right then Winter's Bone. This will be the first year I've ever seen all of the best picture nominated movies before Oscar night. I saw them all in theaters except these two, too. Lifetime achievement! Haha ahh I'm bored at work today.

bananeez

Postby bananeez » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:02 pm

ptblazer wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
krad wrote:

Bahah!

Uh oh.....

Nah... It's not about the equipment. It's all in the hips. (Cue chrisbru)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”