CU Boulder 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chrisbru

Gold

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Post by chrisbru » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:39 pm

bananeez wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
Drugs. Or she's having unicorn tails, dragon scales, phoenix feathers, etc delivered so she can make wands for the Death Eaters....
Wow, you guys are really losing it.

p.s. Davis and Emory also have a lot of work ahead of them... crazy that they're so much later than the other schools, with people already making decisions.

This is what I don't get. Don't schools KNOW how late they are getting back to students? If you give students 2 months to convince themselves that one school is perfect before you even send out your DECISION, it has to hurt your chances to gain the best student population, right?

Although, I guess none of us are making any decisions yet because we love CU so much... So maybe it means that the students all end up being Buffalo die hards instead of just money-hungry, soul-less, easily persuaded punks? Lol

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:42 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Although, I guess none of us are making any decisions yet because we love CU so much... So maybe it means that the students all end up being Buffalo die hards instead of just money-hungry, soul-less, easily persuaded punks? Lol
Hahaha, you just actually made me lol in the middle of my newsroom. Heads turned. Are you all drinking in the middle of a Thursday?
Last edited by bananeez on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:43 pm

UNC also appears to behind the ball as well. Though they seem to be decently fast for in-state students.

Hastings hasn't sent out many either. I'm waiting on both Davis and Hastings.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:45 pm

bananeez wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
Hahaha, you just actually made lol in the middle of my newsroom. Heads turned. Are you all drinking in the middle of a Thursday?

I wish. Instead I'm at my soul-sucking finance job which utilizes me for roughly 22 of the 40 hours I'm required to be here each week. I will be drinking at roughly 7 PM PST this evening, however, for trivia night... And then headed home at 10 to watch Jersey Shore. Oops. #guiltypleasure.

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:45 pm

chrisbru wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
Haha, when the Harry Potter references start coming out, you know the waits been to long.

Chrisbru- you haven't been expecting the letter via owl have you?

Well, I haven't seen my owl in a few days, so yes, I was. What, did you guys give them your address or something? I don't trust that silly muggle mail, it always seems to have problems...
LOL, this epic winter storm has probably really slowed them down. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if there are dozens of owls with letters tied to their legs that are buried under feet of snow, several of which headed to seattle .

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:49 pm

ptblazer wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
Haha, when the Harry Potter references start coming out, you know the waits been to long.

Well, I haven't seen my owl in a few days, so yes, I was. What, did you guys give them your address or something? I don't trust that silly muggle mail, it always seems to have problems...
LOL, this epic winter storm has probably really slowed them down. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if there are dozens of owls with letters tied to their legs that are buried under feet of snow, several of which headed to seattle .

You know... I didn't even think about that. Here in sun(less) Seattle, I forget that other places get snow besides in the mountain. Which is weird, because just 9 months ago I was trudging to class in a wonderful April Iowa snowstorm.

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:51 pm

chrisbru wrote:I wish. Instead I'm at my soul-sucking finance job which utilizes me for roughly 22 of the 40 hours I'm required to be here each week. I will be drinking at roughly 7 PM PST this evening, however, for trivia night... And then headed home at 10 to watch Jersey Shore. Oops. #guiltypleasure.
I met Snooki this week. I hope you weren't one of the people on the four-hour line to get her autograph on her new book. :wink:

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:59 pm

chrisbru wrote:
LeDique wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:I'm home today, and the mail just came in.

Surprise, surprise, nothing from CU! (Although Oregon sent me a fee waver, which is nice. Late, but nice!)
Same. My roommate keeps getting bright colored envelopes tho...This has been slightly weirding me out.
Drugs. Or she's having unicorn tails, dragon scales, phoenix feathers, etc delivered so she can make wands for the Death Eaters....

Yeah the part that it's a he is why I think its weird.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:04 pm

chrisbru wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
ptblazer wrote:

Loving the HP references in this thread.
And snow? What is that? ....it never snows here

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WB333

New

Post by WB333 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:36 pm

All I have to say is W&L's admission staff puts Colorado to shame! They have the quickest turnaround! Why can't Colorado be a little faster???

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:42 pm

chrisbru wrote:I will be drinking at roughly 7 PM PST this evening, however, for trivia night...
BFF?? <3 trivia night! We do at least one a week downtown :mrgreen: Last night the SO and I went out for pizza before seeing True Grit and happened upon trivia night going on at Mellow Mushroom. IDEAL!

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:50 pm

trivia night at mellow mushroom sounds awesome.
and now i'm hungry :D

apaint

Bronze

Post by apaint » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:00 pm

I am waiting on 6 WTF!!! Arizona, ASU, Utah, Washington, Kansas, and Emory please get your shit together. Colorado, you took forever but accepted me so I don't hold a grudge. Iowa you rock.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:01 pm

oldhippie wrote:trivia night at mellow mushroom sounds awesome.
It was fun! However, it was definitely smaller/less rowdy than trivia at Gov's Park or (lol) Old Chicago.

Order some pizza? :mrgreen:

E: Not even going to say how many schools I'm waiting on... ha.

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:04 pm

krad wrote:
It was fun! However, it was definitely smaller/less rowdy than trivia at Gov's Park or (lol) Old Chicago.

well it is mellow mushroom, after all :mrgreen:
and i am definitely having pizza for dinner.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:06 pm

loltrue! Mainly I don't think it's as well-known yet, to be honest. The Mellow Mushroom in Denver just opened up fairly recently! Old Chi has a pretty loyal trivia crew and it's a lot of fun. I hope to keep up some semblance of trivia night in LS, though I know that it's highly unlikely :(

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:06 pm

oldhippie wrote:
krad wrote:

well it is mellow mushroom, after all :mrgreen:
and i am definitely having pizza for dinner.
+1. :)
Today I have been browsing the prices of snowboards on ebay and craigslist...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LawSchoolPorFavor

Bronze

Post by LawSchoolPorFavor » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:09 pm

IN! App sent around 12/15, complete beginning of January...letter dated January 28. Numbers in both medians, URM. SO EXCITED!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:09 pm

krad wrote:loltrue! Mainly I don't think it's as well-known yet, to be honest. The Mellow Mushroom in Denver just opened up fairly recently! Old Chi has a pretty loyal trivia crew and it's a lot of fun. I hope to keep up some semblance of trivia night in LS, though I know that it's highly unlikely :(
Unlikely? That sounds wrong to me... I'm sure we can carve out 2 hours a week to get a trivia troupe going on!!! I mean, we're the best and the brightest or something like that so we should dominate enough to pay off our drinking habit for at least one night?

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:09 pm

since i plan to become a coloradan and have only tried downhill skiing once in my life as a 13 year old, i'm curious to know if snowboarding is harder or easier than skiing? i'll try both but i was just talking about this the other night and we couldn't decide...(people who live in SC are apparently not very knowledgeable about these things!)

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:10 pm

LawSchoolPorFavor wrote:IN! App sent around 12/15, complete beginning of January...letter dated January 28. Numbers in both medians, URM. SO EXCITED!
congrats!!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:11 pm

LawSchoolPorFavor wrote:IN! App sent around 12/15, complete beginning of January...letter dated January 28. Numbers in both medians, URM. SO EXCITED!
CONGRATS!!!

SherlockHolmes

Bronze

Post by SherlockHolmes » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:11 pm

Congrats!!!!!! God I hope this means admissions has finally gotten it together.

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Wow, a JANUARY complete! Yay!

Corgrats, PorFavor!

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:14 pm

oldhippie wrote:since i plan to become a coloradan and have only tried downhill skiing once in my life as a 13 year old, i'm curious to know if snowboarding is harder or easier than skiing? i'll try both but i was just talking about this the other night and we couldn't decide...(people who live in SC are apparently not very knowledgeable about these things!)

IMO, skiing is a lot easier to start. Snowboarding is a lot easier once you get it down.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”