CU Boulder 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
krad

Gold

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Post by krad » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Sorry to hear avrock!! :( Especially since you were the one that OP'd TT! You should definitely bomb them with an LOCI and visit/tour/etc.

You should also include a note about how you started the CU thread on TLS ;)

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:01 pm

krad wrote:Sorry to hear avrock!! :( Especially since you were the one that OP'd TT! You should definitely bomb them with an LOCI and visit/tour/etc.

You should also include a note about how you started the CU thread on TLS ;)
Just don't mention that you originally titled it "UC Boulder" :lol:

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:02 pm

Thanks all!

It's probably because I had the original thread title as UC-Boulder :(

I will definitely be visiting with a LOCI in hand.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:05 pm

theavrock wrote:Thanks all!

It's probably because I had the original thread title as UC-Boulder :(

I will definitely be visiting with a LOCI in hand.
Good luck!! We'll be rooting for ya! In case you haven't seen it: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =2&t=27169 and there are some more gems hidden around here.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Grrrrrrrrrrr! No mail from CU again today. Getting SUPER antsy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

scruffs mcguff

Bronze

Post by scruffs mcguff » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:45 pm

I just got an email from the Women's Law Caucus at The University of Colorado Law School inviting me to Women in Law Day in late January.

The email gives me the admitted students site link and the log in info. This is odd because I haven't been accepted to CU. I haven't heard anything since going complete on 10/12.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:01 pm

chrisbru wrote:Grrrrrrrrrrr! No mail from CU again today. Getting SUPER antsy.
Gah - stuck at work until 5:30 so I can't even get home to see if anything is there!

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:04 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:I just got an email from the Women's Law Caucus at the University of Colorado Law School inviting me to Women in Law Day in late January.

The email gives me the admitted students site link and the log in info. This is odd because I haven't been accepted to CU. I haven't heard anything since going complete on 10/12.
This is kinda funny. Did you express interest in the Women's Law Caucus???

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:07 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:I just got an email from the Women's Law Caucus at the University of Colorado Law School inviting me to Women in Law Day in late January.

I would call/email admissions - maybe they forgot to send out your acceptance letter!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

scruffs mcguff

Bronze

Post by scruffs mcguff » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:16 pm

Yeah it was weird also because I'm not a woman. I didn't mark anything about it either.

The events that the day has aren't just for women but reading over it the first time it was weird to see it was from them. For example at the bottom it says "We look forward you having you join us! - Women's Law Caucus." I was thinking... do they mean in their group? I'm not a woman!

But I talked to my roommate who is a 2L at another school. He said this happened to him with another school where he got an email about an admitted students event, called admissions, and they said they couldn't tell him anything. He got the acceptance letter a day or so later. (Not sure why they were so secretive though).

Maybe they just sent it to all admitted student? That list would be updated faster than the mail comes out. Can any other admitted people tell me if they got this email?

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:26 pm

P
scruffs mcguff wrote:Yeah it was weird also because I'm not a woman. I didn't mark anything about it either.

The events that the day has aren't just for women but reading over it the first time it was weird to see it was from them. For example at the bottom it says "We look forward you having you join us! - Women's Law Caucus." I was thinking... do they mean in their group? I'm not a woman!

But I talked to my roommate who is a 2L at another school. He said this happened to him with another school where he got an email about an admitted students event, called admissions, and they said they couldn't tell him anything. He got the acceptance letter a day or so later. (Not sure why they were so secretive though).

Maybe they just sent it to all admitted student? That list would be updated faster than the mail comes out. Can any other admitted people tell me if they got this email?
I got this too and wondered the same thing about the admitted student sign in. I hope it implies good news!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Sorry avrock! I really can't even believe that!!! I'm officially expecting a rejection 100% haha

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Nada in the mailbox, SO just checked.

Weirddd about the womens law caucus lollll! Hopefully that means good things for yall!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:00 am

scruffs mcguff wrote: Maybe they just sent it to all admitted student? That list would be updated faster than the mail comes out. Can any other admitted people tell me if they got this email?
I want to bump this question because I keep desperately obsessing that this email means good news. So those already admitted...did you get this email about the Women in Law Day?

Muxr

New

Post by Muxr » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:09 am

FYI. Accepted today via snail mail (small envelope). Received the Women in Law Day email earlier today.... Congrats. :D

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:26 am

wait... it's not UC Boulder?

Pufer

Bronze

Post by Pufer » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:39 am

theavrock wrote:Yeah I am pretty bummed. I am OOS, but I wonder if its a YP thing. Not really sure if CU does that or not. If anyone has any experience with how CU manages their WL I would love to hear.
There's quite a bit of movement on the WL, especially in the late summer. So long as you express your interest, I imagine that you should be good (they'll eventually need to offset a high-GPA, low-LSAT splitter).

As to your WL, I imagine it was the GPA. The last couple years haven't been particularly representative of CU's traditional GPA stats. Historically, the 25% GPA ranks somewhere in the top-20, and CU definitely had the reputation of being a GPA-biased school. In other words, up until the last couple years, CU has been the Berkeley of the lower T1 schools. I wouldn't be surprised if admissions was trying to correct back to its historical tendencies.
scruffs mcguff wrote:The events that the day has aren't just for women but reading over it the first time it was weird to see it was from them. For example at the bottom it says "We look forward you having you join us! - Women's Law Caucus." I was thinking... do they mean in their group? I'm not a woman!
I'm a member of the WLC; it has lots of male members. WLC runs the used bookstore, the 1L mentoring program, the professor-specific 1L testing-tips program, occasionally gives everyone free beer/food, hands out various fellowships to both sexes, etc. In reality, it's more visible to the average student at CU Law (particularly 1Ls) than the Student Bar Association is.

-Pufer

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cold_logic

New

Post by cold_logic » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:46 am

thewarflamingo wrote:
scruffs mcguff wrote: Maybe they just sent it to all admitted student? That list would be updated faster than the mail comes out. Can any other admitted people tell me if they got this email?
I want to bump this question because I keep desperately obsessing that this email means good news. So those already admitted...did you get this email about the Women in Law Day?
I got it. Not a woman, not admitted (that I know of). I expect to get the big envelope in the next few days.

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:36 am

Pufer wrote:
theavrock wrote:Yeah I am pretty bummed. I am OOS, but I wonder if its a YP thing. Not really sure if CU does that or not. If anyone has any experience with how CU manages their WL I would love to hear.
There's quite a bit of movement on the WL, especially in the late summer. So long as you express your interest, I imagine that you should be good (they'll eventually need to offset a high-GPA, low-LSAT splitter).

As to your WL, I imagine it was the GPA. The last couple years haven't been particularly representative of CU's traditional GPA stats. Historically, the 25% GPA ranks somewhere in the top-20, and CU definitely had the reputation of being a GPA-biased school. In other words, up until the last couple years, CU has been the Berkeley of the lower T1 schools. I wouldn't be surprised if admissions was trying to correct back to its historical tendencies.
That makes more sense. I didn't think my numbers were good enough to be YP. Thanks for the insights. Pufer I didn't realize you were from ABQ. I've been here the last year and a half or so. Are you a green or red sort of person?

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:43 am

cold_logic wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
I got it. Not a woman, not admitted (that I know of). I expect to get the big envelope in the next few days.
i got the email too, not admitted (yet) but it is making me unreasonably excited about maybe having been admitted and just not getting the letter yet??????
just what an old lady needs...now i have to sit at work for 8 hours and wonder once again what's in the mail......

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:49 am

Well, I didn't get the email. Uh oh. :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:51 am

jaydizzle wrote:Well, I didn't get the email. Uh oh. :(
+1 oh wells!

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:01 am

i hate to be glad that not everyone got the email...but it gives me a glimmer of hope that it might mean something....
you'd think i'd learn not to put too much stock in these somewhat random occurrences....but with the resounding silence from CU, what can we do expect desperately search for meaning in everything they do?!?
good luck, everyone!!!!

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:01 am

Barbie wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:Well, I didn't get the email. Uh oh. :(
+1 oh wells!

You got into Illinois though! It must be nice to be like oh well, I got accepted somewhere good already! Are there any schools that may sway you away from Illinois?

Also, for everyone who got the email: Were you all complete in October or are there some of you complete in early November and later parts of November?

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:04 am

complete in october here...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”