CU Boulder 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chrisbru

Gold

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Post by chrisbru » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Prairie wrote:in via mail, dated 1/7. also received the women law thingy email a few days prior to receiving the mailing. pumped.
When did you submit your app? Maybe there's still hope for me to get some mail today or tomorrow!
stlisforlovers wrote:Does anyone know how long CU says it will take to render a decision? I deleted all my law school stuff in a fit of email feng shui.
This is the email I got from CU (11/23/10):

"Dear Chrisbru,

Thank you for applying to Colorado Law! As of this date, your file is complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee. We will begin processing regular decision applications after we have completed our Early Decision application process. We hope to have our first batch of regular decisions out by early January. We will send you that decision by regular mail.

If we need any additional information from you, we will contact you via this email address. We will try to keep you updated throughout the admissions process.

We appreciate your interest in Colorado Law. Please let us know if you have any questions. "

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Might be why I don't remember how long... they didn't say. So much for that early January nonsense!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:31 pm

krad wrote:Might be why I don't remember how long... they didn't say. So much for that early January nonsense!
Hey it's the 14th... It's still early January until Sunday. By my definition, at least :-)

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:32 pm

meh I'd consider it closer to mid-January... :)

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Oh, ok... I'm just trying to defend CU so I can get some karma brownie points :-)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:37 pm

krad wrote:meh I'd consider it closer to mid-January... :)
I vote you call to tell them of their mistake.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:38 pm

Haha no, I'm not calling them ;) I guess I don't get karma points but oh well!

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:40 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:Does anyone know how long CU says it will take to render a decision? I deleted all my law school stuff in a fit of email feng shui.
I was told 6-8 weeks in an email that I got a while back.

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:41 pm

krad wrote:Haha no, I'm not calling them ;) I guess I don't get karma points but oh well!
Someone needs to take one for the team and call to tell them that it's about time they get all the decisions out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:43 pm

bananeez wrote:
krad wrote:Haha no, I'm not calling them ;) I guess I don't get karma points but oh well!
Someone needs to take one for the team and call to tell them that it's about time they get all the decisions out.
If I don't hear by tomorrow, I'm calling Monday morning.

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:48 pm

chrisbru wrote:
bananeez wrote:
Oooh, I like you, Seattle. You get a drink on me when we finally get there.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:57 pm

bananeez wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
bananeez wrote:
Oooh, I like you, Seattle. You get a drink on me when we finally get there.
Love it. Free drinks are definitely the way to my good graces :-) When I get to Boulder, I'm going to do my best to do 12 hour days Mon-Thurs, so as soon as the last class dismisses on Friday it's time to hit the slopes and the bottle.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Is it bad that I'm going through my already-accepted status checkers just to remind myself how that initial excitement feels?

C'mon CU, get a move on!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fi416

New

Post by fi416 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:39 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Prairie wrote:in via mail, dated 1/7. also received the women law thingy email a few days prior to receiving the mailing. pumped.
When did you submit your app? Maybe there's still hope for me to get some mail today or tomorrow!
This is the email I got from CU (11/23/10):

"Dear Chrisbru,

Thank you for applying to Colorado Law! As of this date, your file is complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee. We will begin processing regular decision applications after we have completed our Early Decision application process. We hope to have our first batch of regular decisions out by early January. We will send you that decision by regular mail.

If we need any additional information from you, we will contact you via this email address. We will try to keep you updated throughout the admissions process.

We appreciate your interest in Colorado Law. Please let us know if you have any questions. "

my email said by the end of December and i still have not received a decision letter from them yet! ugh! But then again i live in ireland... but still....

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:08 pm

alright kiddos, I'm off for the long weekend! Good luck to everyone, who knows what's in store for our mailboxes :D

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:13 pm

I think it's safe to say that the women in law email = acceptance!!!!!! Just got my acceptance letter in the mail! So excited!!!!!

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:19 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:I think it's safe to say that the women's email = acceptance!!!!!! Just got my letter in the mail! So excited!!!!!
Congrats! (Here's hoping the women's letter=acceptance only for those that submitted early! I didn't get the email, but then again I didn't submit until December!)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

scruffs mcguff

Bronze

Post by scruffs mcguff » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:20 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:I think it's safe to say that the women in law email = acceptance!!!!!! Just got my acceptance letter in the mail! So excited!!!!!
congrats!

excited to get home after work and check my mail now.

fi416

New

Post by fi416 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:29 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:I think it's safe to say that the women in law email = acceptance!!!!!! Just got my acceptance letter in the mail! So excited!!!!!
Congrads!

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Hooray!!!

How does CU stand for you?

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:40 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:I think it's safe to say that the women's email = acceptance!!!!!! Just got my letter in the mail! So excited!!!!!
Congrats! (Here's hoping the women's letter=acceptance only for those that submitted early! I didn't get the email, but then again I didn't submit until December!)
I didn't get the e-mail and I submitted early Nov :/

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:41 pm

bananeez wrote:
Hooray!!!

It is in my (realistic) top 5, but it depends heavily on scholarship money. However, I really didn't think I'd be admitted, so I'm not holding my breath for any money. (I'm the admitted outlier on LSN). We will see though! I looooove CO, so I'm excited to plan a visit for an ASW!

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:45 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
bananeez wrote:
Hooray!!!

It is in my (realistic) top 5, but it depends heavily on scholarship money. However, I really didn't think I'd be admitted, so I'm not holding my breath for any money. (I'm the admitted outlier on LSN). We will see though! I looooove CO, so I'm excited to plan a visit for an ASW!

That's awesome. Hope you get to celebrate a little. And I hope to see you at ASW!! What do you think on your app got you in?

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:06 pm

bananeez wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
bananeez wrote:
Hooray!!!

It is in my (realistic) top 5, but it depends heavily on scholarship money. However, I really didn't think I'd be admitted, so I'm not holding my breath for any money. We will see though! I looooove CO, so I'm excited to plan a visit for an ASW!

That's awesome. Hope you get to celebrate a little. And I hope to see you at ASW!! What do you think on your app got you in?
I hope to meet you as well! I will most likely attend the March 4th ASW. Honestly, I'm not too sure what stood out about my application, but there must be something because this is my second unexpected/shocking acceptance (Illinois w/$ was my other one). I have decent softs, but nothing crazy, so I'm guessing it was my PS (wasn't law-oriented). I feel very fortunate with how my cycle is going so far.

Good luck to everyone still waiting! I hope to meet many of you in March! I assume there is still snow in March, so we should plan a ski/snowboarding meet-up that weekend :D
Last edited by thewarflamingo on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:18 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:I hope to meet you as well! I will most likely attend the March 4th ASW. Honestly, I'm not too sure what stood out about my application, but there must be something because this is my second unexpected/shocking acceptance (Illinois w/$ was my other one). I have decent softs, but nothing crazy, so I'm guessing it was my PS (wasn't law-oriented). I feel very fortunate with how my cycle is going so far.

Good luck to everyone still waiting! I hope to meet many of you in March! I assume there is still snow in March, so we should plan a ski/snowboarding meet-up that weekend :D
March and April are the snowiest months in Denver/Boulder, so you should be okay! (Of course, throughout the winter and spring, whenever it snows it's only around down here for a day or two. 30 degrees one day and 60 the next will do that!)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”