CU Boulder 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
queenlizzie13

Silver

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Post by queenlizzie13 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:11 pm

krad wrote:
oldhippie wrote:cool...i feel like it's important to meet some of you guys, we've been through a lot together it seems! :D
For real! :)

eta for others: FWIW I emailed today asking if there is a solid end date of the scholarship notification period... so I'm not frantically checking my mailbox for the next 3 mos.
ooh awesome! thanks krad!

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:16 pm

No prob, I'll keep yall posted :)

I feel comfortable emailing CU's office about anything, they're so nice.

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:17 pm

krad wrote:No prob, I'll keep yall posted :)

well, it worked out real well for you last time you emailed them! :D

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:19 pm

^ I have my fingers crossed, haha. Either way, it'd be nice to know if we need to check our mailboxes forever, for a month, for a few weeks... or never :|

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Want to ask them if they have any scholarship money set aside for me? haha :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:49 pm

ptblazer wrote:

Want to ask them if they have any scholarship money set aside for me? haha :)
+1 while you're at it get them to mail an acceptance letter this way.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:54 pm

Do you prefer Colorado over your acceptances at Michigan with $$, Columbia & Georgetown ?

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:40 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Do you prefer Colorado over your acceptances at Michigan with $$, Columbia & Georgetown ?
Yes. I want to go somewhere I will enjoy and can ski at, I only applied there to see if I could get in. I'm more interested in meeting new people and making friends than slaving for 16 hours a day at a t-14. I'd be a lot happier slaving for 6-8 hours a day at a 20-40 school and skiing on the weekends. Plus I have my post grad employment lined up so I don't need to waste money at those schools in an attempt to make big law to inflate my ego. The legal profession is crappy enough as it is, I don't need to start the sleepless nights sooner.
Last edited by typ3 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:47 pm

typ3 wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Do you prefer Colorado over your acceptances at Michigan with $$, Columbia & Georgetown ?
Yes. I want to go somewhere I will enjoy and can ski at, I only applied there to see if I could get in. I'm more interested in meeting new people and making friends than slaving for 16 hours a day at a t-14. I'd be a lot happier slaving for 6-8 hours a day at a 20-40 school and skiing on the weekends. Plus I have my post grad employment lined up so I don't need to waste money at those schools in an attempt to make big law to inflate my ego.
Don't you think that is a little presumptuous? You think you will spend half the amount of time a day working on school work at CU?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:49 pm

ptblazer wrote:
typ3 wrote:
Yes. I want to go somewhere I will enjoy and can ski at, I only applied there to see if I could get in. I'm more interested in meeting new people and making friends than slaving for 16 hours a day at a t-14. I'd be a lot happier slaving for 6-8 hours a day at a 20-40 school and skiing on the weekends. Plus I have my post grad employment lined up so I don't need to waste money at those schools in an attempt to make big law to inflate my ego.
Don't you think that is a little presumptuous? You think you will spend half the amount of time a day working on school work at CU?
Sorry I was referring to time outside of classes, and from what I've read from pufer and others that seems pretty typical at CU.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:51 pm

Then you need to share your feelings with CU admissions, in my opinion. And, from my visits, CU is a bit more relaxed environment than your other options. Columbia Law has a fairly intense atmosphere, for example.
Last edited by CanadianWolf on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:52 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Then you need to share your feelings with CU admissions, in my opinion.
Well, I made my PS completely CU geared. I didn't receive a WL and it's not as though the app deadline has closed yet. So I assume I'll hear soon enough. I know it took them awhile to get to krad and others and they app'd before me.

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:02 pm

typ3 wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
typ3 wrote:
Sorry I was referring to time outside of classes, and from what I've read from pufer and others that seems pretty typical at CU.
Haha, don't worry about it I was just giving you a hard time.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:02 am

typ3 wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Then you need to share your feelings with CU admissions, in my opinion.
Well, I made my PS completely CU geared. I didn't receive a WL and it's not as though the app deadline has closed yet. So I assume I'll hear soon enough. I know it took them awhile to get to krad and others and they app'd before me.

I'm in the same boat. With a good scholarship, I'd definitely take CU over the T14s I'm in. I don't have post-grad employment lined up, though, so it makes it a little more different. What are you planning on doing?

2things2

Bronze

Post by 2things2 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:56 am

went complete today.....finally.

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:38 am

2things2 wrote:went complete today.....finally.
Good luck! I hope you get a speedy acceptance.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi all! I got a response. I'm not going to quote it verbatim, but they said that the committee has just begun sending out schollys and that they expect to send out more in the next week-ish. They are trying to get them out before the Open House (I'm assuming the first one). So, that looks like a soft deadline :)

Hope that helps!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jwmalone87

Bronze

Post by jwmalone87 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 pm

krad wrote:Hi all! I got a response. I'm not going to quote it verbatim, but they said that the committee has just begun sending out schollys and that they expect to send out more in the next week-ish. They are trying to get them out before the Open House (I'm assuming the first one). So, that looks like a soft deadline :)

Hope that helps!
It does. Thanks! :)

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:13 pm

krad wrote:Hi all! I got a response. I'm not going to quote it verbatim, but they said that the committee has just begun sending out schollys and that they expect to send out more in the next week-ish. They are trying to get them out before the Open House (I'm assuming the first one). So, that looks like a soft deadline :)

Hope that helps!
That does help! Thank you krad!

not that I will probably be getting anything, but I can hope right?

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:44 pm

jwmalone87 wrote:

Hope that helps!
It does. Thanks! :)
+100000!

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:21 pm

Hope that helps!
Thanks for sharing. Waiting another couple weeks isn't bad.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:34 pm

ptblazer wrote:

Hope that helps!
Thanks for sharing. Waiting another couple weeks isn't bad.
lol law school tactics remind me of college football recruiting so much.

Come visit our school we're interested! Then the minute you get there they offer you a scholarship and coerce you to sign on the dotted line.

If only I were the Jadeveon Clowney of this year's law school cycle.

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Hope that helps!
I got a slightly different response asking the same question (before I saw it posted here) -- They told me that they hope to get them out in the next couple of weeks. :?

Maybe the response was from two different people? Maybe they want me to wait longer than Krad? :shock:

Patriot29

New

Post by Patriot29 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Rejection letter received yesterday. Peace out CU, it was really, really nice knowing you. Good luck to all of you attending, you're gonna love this place.

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:26 pm

bananeez wrote:

Hope that helps!
I got a slightly different response asking the same question (before I saw it posted here) -- They told me that they hope to get them out in the next couple of weeks. :?

Maybe the response was from two different people? Maybe they want me to wait longer than Krad? :shock:
Haha, thats probably the reason Krad didn't want to quote it verbatim because it went something like this. "Krad your scholarship is in the mail and should have arrive sometime this week or early next week, but definitly before the open house." ;)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”