CU Boulder 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Pufer

Bronze

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Post by Pufer » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:55 am

bananeez wrote:For current students -- would there be any point to visiting the school next week when classes are not in session? Other than simply touring the building? I will be in Colorado for Christmas. Thanks.
I'm not sure there's all that much a point to doing anything other than touring the building. I mean, anything else you need, you could just ask us here, and you should certainly tour the building: one of the biggest selling points of CU over a lot of other schools is that our building is not a total shithole.
chrisbru wrote:Anyone know when scholarship information comes out for CU? Does it come with your acceptance letter/email? Or later?
Three years ago, it came with the acceptance letter. Last couple years, it's been sometime in March. I would imagine they'll be sending scholarship info out later again this year, but it's not like a long-standing tradition or anything.

-Pufer

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:10 am

Good luck to those applying. I decided not to but I did consider it. CU is basically a peer school to the law school I go to now (in another State). I've lived in a ton of different States and cities and Boulder is way up there in terms of all-time favorite places I've lived (in fact it might just top the list). 'Beverly Hills of the Rockies' with a laid-back hippie (and 'yippie') twist.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:53 am

Pufer: How are job prospects looking for you/your class? Do you think most people will end up in Denver?

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:54 pm

krad wrote:Pufer: How are job prospects looking for you/your class? Do you think most people will end up in Denver?
+ because I'd like to know as wells.

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:15 pm

There are some really great responses to these questions on page 1 and 2 of this thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:33 pm

theavrock wrote:There are some really great responses to these questions on page 1 and 2 of this thread.
Duly noted, thank you sir.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:47 pm

My bad!! Thx

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:12 pm

No worries just wanted to make sure you saw some answers if Pufer wasn't around to answer

LawSchoolPorFavor

Bronze

Post by LawSchoolPorFavor » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Hey for everyone that's gotten their decisions- what was your turnaround time? I submitted a few days ago and still haven't heard anything back (no receipts or confirmation from the school). Will I be holding my breath for a painstakingly long amount of time?

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:35 pm

LawSchoolPorFavor wrote:Hey for everyone that's gotten their decisions- what was your turnaround time? I submitted a few days ago and still haven't heard anything back (no receipts or confirmation from the school). Will I be holding my breath for a painstakingly long amount of time?

Thanks!
I submitted in... September and haven't heard back. You will be waiting a long time, I assume.

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:35 pm

i'm pretty sure no one has gotten a decision yet. so yes, prepare to hold your breath for a while!

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:57 pm

I've applied three years in a row, getting waitlisted the first two attempts. This time I applied way earlier and with a way better application.

Naturally I'm expecting another waitlist.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:59 pm

LawSchoolPorFavor wrote:Hey for everyone that's gotten their decisions- what was your turnaround time? I submitted a few days ago and still haven't heard anything back (no receipts or confirmation from the school). Will I be holding my breath for a painstakingly long amount of time?

Thanks!
You will def be waiting! Welcome :)

I submitted on 11/17 (I think?) and after ZERO word from the school I finally emailed last week after 3.5 weeks to check that my app was alive and well. They replied on 12/14 and said that my application was indeed complete.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LawSchoolPorFavor

Bronze

Post by LawSchoolPorFavor » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:03 pm

thanks everyone! looks like we're all in it for the long haul....

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:13 pm

just got a full ride from DU. not even sure I would go to boulder anymore, considering my garbage gpa if anything they are just going to admit me and not offer me $. any DU/CU thoughts from the board? And I know this has already been discussed on the board but I never knew why that mattered--different people on the board at different times offering different perspectives, ya know?

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:40 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:just got a full ride from DU. not even sure I would go to boulder anymore, considering my garbage gpa if anything they are just going to admit me and not offer me $. any DU/CU thoughts from the board? And I know this has already been discussed on the board but I never knew why that mattered--different people on the board at different times offering different perspectives, ya know?

DU full ride? Maybe I should have applied...

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:11 pm

chrisbru wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:just got a full ride from DU. not even sure I would go to boulder anymore, considering my garbage gpa if anything they are just going to admit me and not offer me $. any DU/CU thoughts from the board? And I know this has already been discussed on the board but I never knew why that mattered--different people on the board at different times offering different perspectives, ya know?

haha thats what I was just thinking!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:17 pm

Barbie wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

I was bitter that they wouldn't give me a fee waiver!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:21 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Barbie wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

I was bitter that they wouldn't give me a fee waiver!
hahaha same here!

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:05 pm

thats crazy you asked for a fee waiver and they said no? seems like looking at tls from last year suggests that splitters at DU got about half off per year if they were over their 75 LSAT. DU seems to look "beyond the numbers," but then again I think CU does as well.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:06 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:thats crazy you asked for a fee waiver and they said no? seems like looking at tls from last year suggests that splitters at DU got about half off per year if they were over their 75 LSAT. DU seems to look "beyond the numbers," but then again I think CU does as well.
They said they aren't giving fee waivers this year.
I really hope CU looks beyong the #s ;)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:21 pm

Here's to hoping for a good offer from CU! I would LOVE to go to school here if I can afford it!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:30 pm

I just wanted to beat a dead horse...

This wait is agonizing. The only two schools I haven't heard back from (that I care about at this point) are CU and Minnesota, and they are both alternating back and forth for the #1 and #2 spots on my list. Gahhhh.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:33 pm

chrisbru wrote:I just wanted to beat a dead horse...

This wait is agonizing. The only two schools I haven't heard back from (that I care about at this point) are CU and Minnesota, and they are both alternating back and forth for the #1 and #2 spots on my list. Gahhhh.
Me too. CU is the only school that wouldn't require me to move to attend :/ (didn't apply to DU). With a great life here and an SO that I live with, it's going to be a tough decision... I feel ya on the waiting, blah!!

JakeL

Bronze

Post by JakeL » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:40 pm

Barbie wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:thats crazy you asked for a fee waiver and they said no? seems like looking at tls from last year suggests that splitters at DU got about half off per year if they were over their 75 LSAT. DU seems to look "beyond the numbers," but then again I think CU does as well.
They said they aren't giving fee waivers this year.
I really hope CU looks beyong the #s ;)
I got a fee waiver but I requested one very early...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”