CU Boulder 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
krad

Gold

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Post by krad » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:06 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:Eh, I was just curious to see if I'll need to go shopping for an outfit which I'd really prefer not to have to do.
True that Hopefully by March you'll catch ASD on a nice day, and it won't be too cold! Though, we've been known to have random snow events in March/April even.

franklin14

New

Post by franklin14 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:06 pm

bananeez wrote:Pufer -- Thanks for all your help here. Do you know anything about how the search for a new Dean is coming? And what kind of impact do you think a transition period will have on CU?
Pufer, I would appreciate the same information quoted above. Thanks for your time and perspective, it is very helpful.

To all concerning ASD attire: --LinkRemoved--

The brands aren't 100% accurate with the elite Boulderite trustifarian, but I think the main point of the article stands as a helpful tool for many.

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:09 pm

ptblazer wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:
ptblazer wrote:Seriously girls, you realize that it isn't for another 4 weeks... haha
Two things I have learned from marriage:

1. They are not girls - they are women (alternatively, ladies). Girls is reserved for those 18 or younger.

2. Never, under any circumstances, ever, no way, no how, question the amount of time it takes to plan an outfit for an event. We may be able to grab any rumpled-up suit from our closet and pull it off, but dress, shoes, jewelry, etc. (or, in a more casual case, the perfect jeans, with the perfect boots, and the perfect shirt), takes time to plan correctly.
I agree with #2, but #1 is up for debate, although I agree <18 are girls.

Women of all ages still have "girls/ladies night out." I don't think either is right or wrong.
"Girls" is familiar; "women" is professional, imho. Not offended by anyone relatively similar in age using either w/me.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:14 pm

upfish wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
ptblazer wrote:Seriously girls, you realize that it isn't for another 4 weeks... haha
Two things I have learned from marriage:

1. They are not girls - they are women (alternatively, ladies). Girls is reserved for those 18 or younger.

2. Never, under any circumstances, ever, no way, no how, question the amount of time it takes to plan an outfit for an event. We may be able to grab any rumpled-up suit from our closet and pull it off, but dress, shoes, jewelry, etc. (or, in a more casual case, the perfect jeans, with the perfect boots, and the perfect shirt), takes time to plan correctly.
I agree with #2, but #1 is up for debate, although I agree <18 are girls.

Women of all ages still have "girls/ladies night out." I don't think either is right or wrong.
"Girls" is familiar; "women" is professional, imho. Not offended by anyone relatively similar in age using either w/me.
I know it's not that big of a deal - it's every time I hear/read someone saying "girl", I hear my wife's voice, saying "woman."

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:18 pm

I know it's not that big of a deal - it's every time I hear/read someone saying "girl", I hear my wife's voice, saying "woman."
Your wife sounds *awesome.* I do this to my SO about how "female" is an adjective, and I bet he experiences the same thing haha.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:36 pm

upfish wrote:
Your wife sounds *awesome.* I do this to my SO about how "female" is an adjective, and I bet he experiences the same thing haha.
She is! (At least, her voice in my head says she is!)

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:54 pm

I know it sounds weird but I dislike it when I'm called "woman" OR "girl". "Woman" sound matronly and makes me think of a "handsome woman" (I realize I'm insane). I also sort of want to punch people when they call me ma'am (I'm 23 dude!!). Girl makes it sound like you're a child. So what to call females then? Chick? That sounds demeaning. Perhaps its better not to refer to gender...

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:56 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:I know it sounds weird but I dislike it when I'm called "woman" OR "girl". "Woman" sound matronly and makes me think of a "handsome woman" (I realize I'm insane). I also sort of want to punch people when they call me ma'am (I'm 23 dude!!). Girl makes it sound like you're a child. So what to call females then? Chick? That sounds demeaning. Perhaps its better not to refer to gender...
lol :)

My girl friends and I call each other lady and ladies... :) I think that in your 20's you're kind of in between girl/young woman and woman. What to do, what to do!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:57 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:I know it sounds weird but I dislike it when I'm called "woman" OR "girl". "Woman" sound matronly and makes me think of a "handsome woman" (I realize I'm insane). I also sort of want to punch people when they call me ma'am (I'm 23 dude!!). Girl makes it sound like you're a child. So what to call females then? Chick? That sounds demeaning. Perhaps its better not to refer to gender...

I stick with the standard "bitches". :D

Just kidding, of course ladies/girls/women/females/dames/honeys

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Oh I do like dames.
Or broads.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:02 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:Oh I do like dames.
Or broads.

Lol love this.

PS - Just got $20k/year at WUSTL. Anyone wanna trade? I don't really wanna spend 3 years in STL.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:02 pm

Or broads.
As long as we're taking it back to Frank Sinatra days, why not "birds"?

EDIT: (Then I look at my tar, and realize Jerry Orbach probably did call women... ladies?... girls?... birds.)
Last edited by fundamentallybroken on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:03 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Or broads.

Lol love this.

PS - Just got $20k/year at WUSTL. Anyone wanna trade? I don't really wanna spend 3 years in STL.
Isn't that the same you got at the "other" Colorado school? Easy choice!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:07 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Or broads.

Lol love this.

Isn't that the same you got at the "other" Colorado school? Easy choice!

Yeah, I'm going to see if I can get DU to up their offer in regards to that. Any advice on how to do that?

I'd still much rather go to CU! I'm going to write my LOCI this week.

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:12 pm

EDIT: (Then I look at my tar, and realize Jerry Orbach probably did call women... ladies?... girls?... birds.)
Are you saying I look like Jerry Orbach? :shock:
Cuz if so I guess I should take it as a compliment when people call me ma'am. Haha.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:15 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
Are you saying I look like Jerry Orbach? :shock:
Cuz if so I guess I should take it as a compliment when people call me ma'am. Haha.
No, MY tar, not yours! MY tar is Jerry Orbach.

(is your's Left Eye? Cause I heard she died)

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:16 pm

Oh hahaha wow RC fail.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:16 pm

Damn, you guys. Getting to the ASD for 3/4 is near impossible price-wise! $375 roundtrip HOU --> DEN?!
:(

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:18 pm

upfish wrote:Damn, you guys. Getting to the ASD for 3/4 is near impossible price-wise! $375 roundtrip HOU --> DEN?!
That is really expensive considering the distance. Have you tried Southwest?

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:19 pm

ptblazer wrote:
upfish wrote:Damn, you guys. Getting to the ASD for 3/4 is near impossible price-wise! $375 roundtrip HOU --> DEN?!
That IS southwest! D=

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:23 pm

upfish wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
That IS southwest! D=
Oh damn

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:34 pm

upfish wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
That IS southwest! D=
Really? I got mine on sw from san antonio for $ 217. Prices are cheaper on tuesdays and wednesdays so try tomorrow, this applies to expedia and hotwire too. Good luck!

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:40 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
upfish wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
That IS southwest! D=
Really? I got mine on sw from san antonio for $ 217. Prices are cheaper on tuesdays and wednesdays so try tomorrow, this applies to expedia and hotwire too. Good luck!
Yeah I would suggest checking again too. The cheapest airline for me wasn't actually sw, but sw was still pretty cheap.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:42 pm

upfish wrote:
ptblazer wrote:
That IS southwest! D=
My go to for tix:

http://www.kayak.com

EDIT: Roundtrip, come Thursday, leave Saturday, American Airlines, $163.
Last edited by fundamentallybroken on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:43 pm

FWIW, I use either Kayak or Bing Travel because it has the ticket price predictor/recommends when to buy...

...oh and I just want my letter from CU!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”