CU Boulder 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
scottfergmartin

New

Re: CU Boulder 2011

Post by scottfergmartin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:14 am

WL'ed via snail mail on Friday.
LSAT:169, GPA:3.25, 4 Years WE

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:41 am

Pufer -- Thanks for all your help here. Do you know anything about how the search for a new Dean is coming? And what kind of impact do you think a transition period will have on CU?

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:41 am

scottfergmartin wrote:WL'ed via snail mail on Friday.
Sorry to hear :(

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:51 am

scottfergmartin wrote:WL'ed via snail mail on Friday.
I have very similar numbers. Fuck.

Patriot29

New

Post by Patriot29 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:38 pm

If anyone is looking to come to Boulder to look at the school I'd be happy to show you around depending on my schedule.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:00 pm

Anyone know the attire for asd? I'm hoping for casual so I can where jeans and be comfortable, but I assume it'll be business casual instead.

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:18 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:Anyone know the attire for asd? I'm hoping for casual so I can where jeans and be comfortable, but I assume it'll be business casual instead.
If I end up going, I'll be going in like "snappy casual" or something. Like jeans and a button down shirt with boots, or something. (I'm female.)

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:24 pm

upfish wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:Anyone know the attire for asd? I'm hoping for casual so I can where jeans and be comfortable, but I assume it'll be business casual instead.
If I end up going, I'll be going in like "snappy casual" or something. Like jeans and a button down shirt with boots, or something. (I'm female.)
Hmm what kind of boots, like cowboy boots? Now I'm tempted to go dressed as a stereotypical Texan and use a heavy southern accent just to mess with people.

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:32 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
upfish wrote:
Hmm what kind of boots, like cowboy boots? Now I'm tempted to go dressed as a stereotypical Texan and use a heavy southern accent just to mess with people.
Hah, no, I actually don't own any cowboy boots. Probably these:

Which kind of do look like cowboy boots, I guess. But they are a major step in formality up from my sneakers with neon star laces.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:36 pm

upfish wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
upfish wrote:

Which kind of do look like cowboy boots, I guess. But they are a major step in formality up from my sneakers with neon star laces.
Oh I see, I wish I had something like that. I don't have business casual clothes for cold weather so I'm kinda lost on what to wear. My go-to outfits are skirts so I'm not too sure how'd that work in colorado.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:40 pm

upfish wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
upfish wrote:

Glad you posted that, because those were the kind of boots I was planning on wearing. THAT would have been embarrassing!

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:41 pm

I'm probably going to be wearing my uggs that lace up in the back and are a light brown color.

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Ummm.... ASD is still March 4th right??

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:44 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:I'm probably going to be wearing my uggs that lace up in the back and are a light brown color.
I can't tell if you're kidding :oops: :lol:

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:45 pm

thewarflamingo wrote: Oh I see, I wish I had something like that. I don't have business casual clothes for cold weather so I'm kinda lost on what to wear. My go-to outfits are skirts so I'm not too sure how'd that work in colorado.

Skirts can work. Just buy some sweater tights! They are like $10 at Target. I have some in grey, and they go well with any nice boots, usually. =D

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:46 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
Glad you posted that, because those were the kind of boots I was planning on wearing. THAT would have been embarrassing!

:lol:

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:46 pm

ptblazer wrote:Ummm.... ASD is still March 4th right??
It better be, I already booked my flight!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:46 pm

Seriously girls, you realize that it isn't for another 4 weeks... haha

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:49 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:I'm probably going to be wearing my uggs that lace up in the back and are a light brown color.
I can't tell if you're kidding :oops: :lol:
you'll find out on March 4th
:lol:

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:50 pm

ptblazer wrote:Seriously girls, you realize that it isn't for another 4 weeks... haha
Lady biz cazh is like, fraught with absurd technicalities. 4 weeks minimum is required to plan! haha

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:50 pm

upfish wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote: Oh I see, I wish I had something like that. I don't have business casual clothes for cold weather so I'm kinda lost on what to wear. My go-to outfits are skirts so I'm not too sure how'd that work in colorado.

Skirts can work. Just buy some sweater tights! They are like $10 at Target. I have some in grey, and they go well with any nice boots, usually. =D
What???? I feel like this would look very bad with a knee length skirt and I don't think I'd be able to pull that off. I'm really confused on what this would even look like haha

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:53 pm

ptblazer wrote:Seriously girls, you realize that it isn't for another 4 weeks... haha
Two things I have learned from marriage:

1. They are not girls - they are women (alternatively, ladies). Girls is reserved for those 18 or younger.

2. Never, under any circumstances, ever, no way, no how, question the amount of time it takes to plan an outfit for an event. We may be able to grab any rumpled-up suit from our closet and pull it off, but dress, shoes, jewelry, etc. (or, in a more casual case, the perfect jeans, with the perfect boots, and the perfect shirt), takes time to plan correctly.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:55 pm

I'm waiting for Pufer to swoop in with a comment on attire for ASD... :mrgreen:

I'm not advance planning, but then again I live 40min from Boulder. I have a feeling it will be pretty laid back up there ladies, it is Boulder!

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Eh, I was just curious to see if I'll need to go shopping for an outfit which I'd really prefer not to have to do.

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:04 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
Two things I have learned from marriage:

1. They are not girls - they are women (alternatively, ladies). Girls is reserved for those 18 or younger.

2. Never, under any circumstances, ever, no way, no how, question the amount of time it takes to plan an outfit for an event. We may be able to grab any rumpled-up suit from our closet and pull it off, but dress, shoes, jewelry, etc. (or, in a more casual case, the perfect jeans, with the perfect boots, and the perfect shirt), takes time to plan correctly.
I agree with #2, but #1 is up for debate, although I agree <18 are girls.

Women of all ages still have "girls/ladies night out." I don't think either is right or wrong.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”