IN at GULC c/o 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fatduck

Re: IN at GULC c/o 2014

Postby fatduck » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:47 pm

hipstermafia wrote:fatduck, i dont think i've ever told you this but i LOVE your avatar. that corgi flop video is incredible.

haha, thanks. i had to take out like 40% of the frames to get it under the size limit, but it was totally worth it.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:34 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
fatduck wrote:edit: never mind, you were saying the opposite, that sections might be split for class. i don't think that's the case.

yeah exactly, i think you have all but one class with your entire section but i could be wrong. i'm going to go by tomorrow and ask a ton of random questions, i'll be sure to get a real answer to this.

Did you learn anything on your quest?

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:37 pm

Marionberry wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
fatduck wrote:edit: never mind, you were saying the opposite, that sections might be split for class. i don't think that's the case.

yeah exactly, i think you have all but one class with your entire section but i could be wrong. i'm going to go by tomorrow and ask a ton of random questions, i'll be sure to get a real answer to this.

Did you learn anything on your quest?

One class is in smaller groups with 1/4th your section
LRW your section is split into two classes
The rest of the classes are your full section

I imagine this will be roughly the same next year. Just with smaller section (120 down to 80)

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:40 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:One class is in smaller groups with 1/4th your section

I imagine this will be roughly the same next year. Just with smaller section (120 down to 80)

That really doesn't sound that bad.

InvictusFortis

Postby InvictusFortis » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:54 pm

Marionberry wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:One class is in smaller groups with 1/4th your section

That really doesn't sound that bad.

80 would be alright. 120 is actually a significant jump(50%). I'm curious if this change WILL happen, or MIGHT happen.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:45 pm

I vote that, since GULC PT now has its own thread, we mark off this thread as FT turf and start a virtual gang war with the part-timers.

DuxBellorum

Postby DuxBellorum » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:53 pm

Might have missed this but anyone get money offers yet?

mr_toad

Postby mr_toad » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:55 pm

One person on LSN reports 30k, 170/3.9.

BarnabeSpooge

Postby BarnabeSpooge » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:55 pm

DuxBellorum wrote:Might have missed this but anyone get money offers yet?

When I asked them, they told me:

To give you an idea of this year's timeline, the Scholarship Committee plans to initially consider files between now and around the end of February. We hope to make our initial scholarship awards via email beginning the first week of March. For those admitted students who are offered merit scholarship awards, the response deadline will be mid-April.

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:57 pm

No offers yet. I have been accepted but have not received any enrollment forms. How am I supposed to send in my deposit... Shouldn't they have sent an enrollment form? Or is it online (haven't checked).
When do we get our enrollment forms?

coug11

Postby coug11 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:11 pm

masterthearts wrote:

No offers yet. I have been accepted but have not received any enrollment forms. How am I supposed to send in my deposit... Shouldn't they have sent an enrollment form? Or is it online (haven't checked).
When do we get our enrollment forms?

It's online... Admitted Students Website...

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:24 pm

Emails to people "under consideration" for merit scholarships went out a week or two ago, but I haven't heard of any merit scholarships being awarded yet.

leopardRAWR

Postby leopardRAWR » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:54 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:

Emails to people "under consideration" for merit scholarships went out a week or two ago, but I haven't heard of any merit scholarships being awarded yet.

So if they didn't email you, you're out of the running for merit scholarships?

mr_toad

Postby mr_toad » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:56 pm

Scuttlebutt is that they e-mailed people they were worried about losing to higher-ranked schools to find out if they're really interested in GULC. Don't remember where I read this and it's just speculation, but it would make sense.

InvictusFortis

Postby InvictusFortis » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:11 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:I vote that, since GULC PT now has its own thread, we mark off this thread as FT turf and start a virtual gang war with the part-timers.

+1

We need some sort of insignia to demonstrate our solidarity.

InvictusFortis

Postby InvictusFortis » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Does anyone know if Gtown matches other offers? I recieved a small (30k) scholarship from Michigan and I need every dime I can muster.

ChuckSchick

Postby ChuckSchick » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Just got in recently....is that "yellow form" available anywhere? I can't find it on the Admitted Students website for the life of me.

mr_toad

Postby mr_toad » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:16 pm

Supposedly it will be available next week. They extended the deadline to 3/15 due to their tardiness with the form.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:19 pm

mr_toad wrote:Scuttlebutt is that they e-mailed people they were worried about losing to higher-ranked schools to find out if they're really interested in GULC. Don't remember where I read this and it's just speculation, but it would make sense.

That makes sense except some people with higher numbers didn't get the email. And I got it, but I shouldn't really have been a red flag for them. So I don't know about being out of the running without an email - I doubt that's true, but they were also kind of random about these emails.

mr_toad

Postby mr_toad » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:25 pm

law_monkey wrote:
mr_toad wrote:Scuttlebutt is that they e-mailed people they were worried about losing to higher-ranked schools to find out if they're really interested in GULC. Don't remember where I read this and it's just speculation, but it would make sense.

That makes sense except some people with higher numbers didn't get the email. And I got it, but I shouldn't really have been a red flag for them. So I don't know about being out of the running without an email - I doubt that's true, but they were also kind of random about these emails.

I didn't say those people without e-mails were out of the running, just that I read somewhere, don't know where, don't know if it's true, that they were contacting people they thought might be more interested in other schools before offering them scholarship money. That could have been pure speculation, as I read so much from so many places every day that I don't remember half of what I read nor where most of it came from.

And your cycle shows that you are a very attractive candidate, so I'm not surprised you got it. But someone wrote about this a few pages pack when those e-mails first came out. You might want to check it out.

Edit add: and LawMonkey, I see that you were involved with those talks and speculation, back around 16-18 before Nightrunner came in to stop the URM debate. It sounded like from the text of the e-mail that they wanted word back by February 18, which implied to some people that they were trying to weed people out who weren't truly interested in going. No idea how effective something like that is.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:09 pm

mr_toad wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

I didn't say those people without e-mails were out of the running, just that I read somewhere, don't know where, don't know if it's true, that they were contacting people they thought might be more interested in other schools before offering them scholarship money. That could have been pure speculation, as I read so much from so many places every day that I don't remember half of what I read nor where most of it came from.

And your cycle shows that you are a very attractive candidate, so I'm not surprised you got it. But someone wrote about this a few pages pack when those e-mails first came out. You might want to check it out.

Edit add: and LawMonkey, I see that you were involved with those talks and speculation, back around 16-18 before Nightrunner came in to stop the URM debate. It sounded like from the text of the e-mail that they wanted word back by February 18, which implied to some people that they were trying to weed people out who weren't truly interested in going. No idea how effective something like that is.

Yeah I have no idea either. That's why I'm saying I'm confused in those methods. I wasn't involved in the URM debate though; I just made one guess that got passed over within the debate haha. But yeah I saw that too where someone emailed GULC and they were told it was a weeder email. I'm just really confused why it wouldn't go out to all the candidates with above 75th percentiles and go out to others (like myself) who are nowhere near that. No one knows except GULC. :?

mikeydan5

Postby mikeydan5 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:47 pm

I apologize if this question has been answered earlier in the thread, but who should I reach out to in order to inform GULC of competing scholarship offers?

agora139

Postby agora139 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:03 pm

im via snail mail!! woo wooo

columbia86

Postby columbia86 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:06 pm

agora139 wrote:im via snail mail!! woo wooo

The mail came today? Was it FedEx/UPS?

Sandrew

Postby Sandrew » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:50 pm

agora139 wrote:im via snail mail!! woo wooo

Capital news! I'm happy to see someone get in with a similar multiple-LSAT situation (one sub-25th percentile and one above 75th percentile). Out of curiosity, when was your last status update? And had you tried to generate a password on the admitted students' website before today's news?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”