IN at GULC c/o 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
daisyduke

Bronze

Re: IN at GULC c/o 2014

Post by daisyduke » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Does anyone know why my LSN username wouldn't show up under the schools I have applied/been accepted to? All my privacy settings are on visible but I am not on the GULC graph or any other school I have been accepted to.

DanInALionsDen

Bronze

Post by DanInALionsDen » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:45 pm

bdubs wrote:
leopardRAWR wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:Props to the guy who wrote about being scared of DC winters.
Girl, actually :D What can I say? I'm used to studying for winter exams at the pool so it'd be an adjustment haha. I'm planning to go to the January admitted students weekend. Little things like that handwritten note on the acceptance letter are really making me like Georgetown.
GULC is the largest school in its tier. Don't want to burst your bubble but if those types of things make you excited GULC may not be a good fit.

From what I have heard it is great if you want lots of options, not so great for personal attention or small intimate feel.

(I live in DC and know a few current and former GULC students)
That's interesting. And you've come to this conclusion based on all the time you spent as a student at GULC, or just from what you "heard."

You shouldn't get excited about the hand written notes from any law school, because they're all standardized. That said, as an actual student at GULC, I find that it succeeds in creating a very small and intimate feel. The class years are broken up into sections, and for two of your classes each semester your section is broken down into very small sub-sections. For example, you might have a large contracts and civ pro class, but your torts and LRW classes might have 20 people in them.

All of my professors know my first name. My torts professor had our class over his house for a pre-thanksgiving dinner with his wife and kids. My career services advisor remembered my home state after meeting with her one time. And the examples go on.

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:50 pm

daisyduke wrote:Does anyone know why my LSN username wouldn't show up under the schools I have applied/been accepted to? All my privacy settings are on visible but I am not on the GULC graph or any other school I have been accepted to.
I had this problem initially...somewhere under your profile you have to activate your name or something like that to make it visible. I forget.

oscodasa

Bronze

Post by oscodasa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:51 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
daisyduke wrote:Does anyone know why my LSN username wouldn't show up under the schools I have applied/been accepted to? All my privacy settings are on visible but I am not on the GULC graph or any other school I have been accepted to.
I had this problem initially...somewhere under your profile you have to activate your name or something like that to make it visible. I forget.
I think they send you an e-mail and you have to click on a link to active it. It went to my spam folder initially so you may want to check there.

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:57 pm

But anyway I got my letter in the mail today, *Does the Dougie*

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm

I feel like I'm finally part of the club... in today via snail mail! :mrgreen:

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:52 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:I feel like I'm finally part of the club... in today via snail mail! :mrgreen:
Ditto. Is anyone here considering Curriculum B at GULC? That is one of the main attractive elements about the school for me.

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:I feel like I'm finally part of the club... in today via snail mail! :mrgreen:
Ditto. Is anyone here considering Curriculum B at GULC? That is one of the main attractive elements about the school for me.
I'm thinking about it, but I don't want to look TOO much into it unless I actually end up going to GULC, which I won't know until after we get scholarship offers/our financial aid packages.

bistduverrueckt

Bronze

Post by bistduverrueckt » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:01 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
I'm thinking about it, but I don't want to look TOO much into it unless I actually end up going to GULC, which I won't know until after we get scholarship offers/our financial aid packages.
When do we get those anyway?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:32 pm

Checking in! Love GULC - I visited the campus summer before last and was really impressed. Love the thought of living in DC, too!

eaa1537

Bronze

Post by eaa1537 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:50 pm

also checking in!! I go to Georgetown undergrad so I'm definitely excited to get in although I'm holding out hope for some NY acceptances :shock:

anyway... i noticed a lot of people have been asking about scholarship info, someone mentioned they get sent out in December, do they send the package out to every applicant or just the ones they think would be competitive to receive one??

DanInALionsDen

Bronze

Post by DanInALionsDen » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:06 pm

eaa1537 wrote:also checking in!! I go to Georgetown undergrad so I'm definitely excited to get in although I'm holding out hope for some NY acceptances :shock:

anyway... i noticed a lot of people have been asking about scholarship info, someone mentioned they get sent out in December, do they send the package out to every applicant or just the ones they think would be competitive to receive one??
In my case they just sent me an award letter saying I'd received X amount of money, and showing how it factored into the breakdown of my student budget. Then two weeks later they sent me an email asking me to apply for another scholarship. The application process was me sending back an email saying I'd like to be considered. The a few days after that, they emailed me back saying I'd been given that scholarship also. Pretty weird.

MPeterson

Bronze

Post by MPeterson » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:34 pm

Mine did this, and I realized that I was on the cycle from the year before. Fixed it, and everything worked fine.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Spackledgoat

New

Post by Spackledgoat » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:29 am

Got my letter in the mail today: IN!
I was shocked by how small the letter was, I mean it was a single half sized sheet folded over. I was freaking out because I associate small letters with denials, and this was postcard sized. If a normal envelope means denied, a postcard sized one must mean denied AND they'll slap you in the face anytime they see you on the street. Perhaps it was because it was mailed to Romania and they wanted to save on postage.

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:00 am

Spackledgoat wrote:Got my letter in the mail today: IN!
I was shocked by how small the letter was, I mean it was a single half sized sheet folded over. I was freaking out because I associate small letters with denials, and this was postcard sized. If a normal envelope means denied, a postcard sized one must mean denied AND they'll slap you in the face anytime they see you on the street. Perhaps it was because it was mailed to Romania and they wanted to save on postage.
Nope, all the acceptances are like that. Congrats! :)

almostfamous

Bronze

Post by almostfamous » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:47 pm

Yay I can finally join this thread!!

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:49 pm

almostfamous wrote:Yay I can finally join this thread!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

eliekedourie

Bronze

Post by eliekedourie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:50 pm

Marionberry wrote:
almostfamous wrote:Yay I can finally join this thread!!

masterthearts

Bronze

Post by masterthearts » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:13 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:Got my acceptance letter on Saturday as well with a nice lil' handwritten note :) I only applied about 4 weeks ago - why did I hear back so early when I have yet to hear from anywhere else?? I thought getting an acceptance would calm me down a little bit but it's actually made me more nervous.

Does the prospect of possibly moving to DC make anyone else really excited???? Love, A Minnesoootan. (Props to the guy who wrote about being scared of DC winters.)
Also got acceptance letter via snail mail about 4 weeks after applying, regular decision no less.
Love DC and awfully excited. Letter also had handwritten note.

QuailMan

New

Post by QuailMan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:38 pm

has anyone else had GULC send notice of their acceptance to recommenders? I know at least one of mine did...its a little awkward because they admit in the e-mail that they can't release the decision officially because of confidentiality but that they hope I have contacted them with "good news" (their emphasis), and also because it make it seems like I'm definitely going there.

cruelestgame

Bronze

Post by cruelestgame » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:42 pm

not mine. hopefully not anyway

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jpk5372

Bronze

Post by jpk5372 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:53 pm

QuailMan wrote:has anyone else had GULC send notice of their acceptance to recommenders? I know at least one of mine did...its a little awkward because they admit in the e-mail that they can't release the decision officially because of confidentiality but that they hope I have contacted them with "good news" (their emphasis), and also because it make it seems like I'm definitely going there.
Yeah. It was a little awks too since it was my boss and he was on his bb right next to me when they sent it ^^;

masson

New

Post by masson » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:00 am

Anyone has an idea of when scholly packages are sent? Someone said December, any thoughts?

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:13 am

cruelestgame wrote:not mine. hopefully not anyway
It looks like they're sending it to everyone's. So if you haven't notified your recommenders you might want to think about doing so before Gtown gets to them first.

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:04 am

awe my LOR writers were both really excited to get the message from gulc, i think it's cute!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”