IN at GULC c/o 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
almostfamous

Bronze

Re: IN at GULC c/o 2014

Post by almostfamous » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Marionberry wrote:ha. thanks! I can't say I really blame them, why spend the money sending xmas card to people who are for sure going to attend? The email would have been nice, though...
I didn't get one either! and I'm not ED :(

smscat

New

Post by smscat » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:35 pm

masterthearts wrote:
smscat wrote:I'm in - the first one I heard from, so I'm really excited. It seems like a great school and DC has so many opportunities. I go to a complete city school undergrad that's huge so I'm used to that feel and don't mind 'anonymity.' Only other one I got into was Cornell so far, and I live in a climate between DC and Ithaca, and I'd really like to lean more towards a warmer climate if possible. Definitely strongly considering GULC - biggest concern is housing. Trying to find people who can afford to live in decent close-by housing in DC doesn't seem easy.
Ithac winters are brutal, trust me. It's winter from october to late april
Yeah, I live in the northeast so I'm used to it. I think Ithaca is a little bit worse than where I'm from, but I doubt it's that much worse. At a point, cold is just cold. And I go to a city school where I walk 20 minutes to class in the cold each morning, so I don't think it will shock me that badly.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:38 pm

almostfamous wrote:
Marionberry wrote:ha. thanks! I can't say I really blame them, why spend the money sending xmas card to people who are for sure going to attend? The email would have been nice, though...
From everything I've seen splitters are basically relegated to the back of the law school admissions bus. They'll let us ride and take our money, but they won't let us forget that we are second class citizens.

almostfamous

Bronze

Post by almostfamous » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:47 pm

Marionberry wrote:
almostfamous wrote:
From everything I've seen splitters are basically relegated to the back of the law school admissions bus. They'll let us ride and take our money, but they won't let us forget that we are second class citizens.
sad...and here i thought they actually wanted me...

brb, going to go cry now.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Oh, it's not that they don't want you, they just want to make sure you remember that they're doing you a favor by admitting you. At least, this is how I've chosen to interpret it. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

musicfor18

Silver

Post by musicfor18 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:11 pm

I received the Christmas Card last week (and I'm ED), but didn't get any email today. What was the nature of the email??

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:38 pm

musicfor18 wrote:I received the Christmas Card last week (and I'm ED), but didn't get any email today. What was the nature of the email??
Basically a welcome, additional congrats, admitted students website will be available by 9AM tomorrow?, attached invite from student ambassadors for early admitted students weekend, and you can check tweets if you want updates: http://twitter.com/#!/GtownLawAdmits

musicfor18

Silver

Post by musicfor18 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:42 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:I received the Christmas Card last week (and I'm ED), but didn't get any email today. What was the nature of the email??
Basically a welcome, additional congrats, admitted students website will be available by 9AM tomorrow?, attached invite from student ambassadors for early admitted students weekend, and you can check tweets if you want updates: http://twitter.com/#!/GtownLawAdmits
Oh,ok. I actually got that email about 3 weeks ago.

wiseguy33

Bronze

Post by wiseguy33 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:18 am

Re: Xmas cards

I'm going to guess everyone got one, or at least all RD's. Mail's notoriously shaky this time of year, especially if you don't in a big city, so don't worry about it.

Anyway, the important thing is, YOU GOT IN.

Admit > card :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:27 am

Marionberry wrote:It appears that once you are bound to attend, the GULC pleasantries come to an abrupt end. Accepted under ED, did not receive a holiday card, didn't receive an email, nothin! Oh well.
I think it is just that we were accepted later (or that is what I am telling myself). Accepted RD and no e-mail or card here either.

almostfamous

Bronze

Post by almostfamous » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:32 am

ArchRoark wrote:
Marionberry wrote:It appears that once you are bound to attend, the GULC pleasantries come to an abrupt end. Accepted under ED, did not receive a holiday card, didn't receive an email, nothin! Oh well.
I think it is just that we were accepted later (or that is what I am telling myself). Accepted RD and no e-mail or card here either.
I think that might be it actually. The admitted students site was already up by the time we were accepted so maybe they just put that info into a christmas card.

very true about the admit>card thing...just looking at the acceptance letter on my wall makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

rm61

New

Post by rm61 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:31 pm

Is anyone else getting a kick out of the admitted student welcome video?

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:15 am

So question: Should I send an email to my interviewer thanking him again and letting him know I got in? I feel I'm especially obliged to because Dean Cornblatt's note specifically mentions my interviewer by name, but he's a very busy man and I don't want to annoy him...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:10 am

Arbiter213 wrote:So question: Should I send an email to my interviewer thanking him again and letting him know I got in? I feel I'm especially obliged to because Dean Cornblatt's note specifically mentions my interviewer by name, but he's a very busy man and I don't want to annoy him...
I did. It is a nice way to begin networking and I personally do not see how he would find it annoying. If he took the time to interview you and fill out the evaluation form then the time it takes to read a short email wont bother him.

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Upstate New Yorker joining this club!

I don't really have a top school as of right now, my decision will be based a lot on scholarship money to be honest. I do like Michigan a lot but I don't think I'd pay for many schools at sticker price.

I am excited I have a chance at going to the top law "center" in the world though! :P

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:02 pm

rm61 wrote:Is anyone else getting a kick out of the admitted student welcome video?
I thought it was slightly awkward...they said they knew each other but it looked like they just met haha

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Received the Christmas card today... maybe they do hate you EDers

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rm61

New

Post by rm61 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:31 pm

pereira6 wrote:
rm61 wrote:Is anyone else getting a kick out of the admitted student welcome video?
I thought it was slightly awkward...they said they knew each other but it looked like they just met haha
My sentiments exactly (plus the awkward pauses). But to be fair, I do love the gesture, and the website.

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:38 pm

rm61 wrote:
pereira6 wrote:
My sentiments exactly (plus the awkward pauses). But to be fair, I do love the gesture, and the website.
Agreed. Georgetown, as my first acceptance, gets first dibs on piquing my interest and they definitely are doing that :)

LegallyBlonde923

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlonde923 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:59 pm

The early admitted students event is a thursday and friday... weird, I thought it would be a Saturday and Sunday. What's the logic behind that?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:08 pm

LegallyBlonde923 wrote:The early admitted students event is a thursday and friday... weird, I thought it would be a Saturday and Sunday. What's the logic behind that?
Probably so that classes will be in session and students will be on campus. Columbia's is on a Wednesday and Thursday every year.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LegallyBlonde923

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlonde923 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:23 pm

eskimo wrote:
LegallyBlonde923 wrote:The early admitted students event is a thursday and friday... weird, I thought it would be a Saturday and Sunday. What's the logic behind that?
Probably so that classes will be in session and students will be on campus. Columbia's is on a Wednesday and Thursday every year.
oh duh for the class sit-in part. I'll have to skip my classes to make it but it will be worth it! thanks :mrgreen:

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:08 pm

Yeah, I'm not excited to miss two days of classes (especially so early in the semester!) but I think it'll be worth it.

neveragain224

New

Post by neveragain224 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:19 am

does anyone know which ASW is more popular, the January or March one?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:27 am

neveragain224 wrote:does anyone know which ASW is more popular, the January or March one?
Nope, but my guess is March. Some people won't have the choice of January (if they haven't been admitted by then), January is right at the beginning of the semester so a lot of people won't want to travel after just getting back to school, and I think a lot of people will want to wait and see where all they've been admitted before visiting schools.

Just my thoughts!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”