girlonfire wrote:I sent an email begging for $$.
We'll see what happens... cuz if they say no, I'll withdraw on the spot. I don't wanna compete w Gtown & GW & GMU for jobs in DC while trying to figure out how to pay down 200K in loans...
+1 Although I was just asking for more $$. I got the 10k. For those still wondering, my notice of that came at least 2 weeks after my acceptance.
My dilemma is late apps to almost everywhere because I took the December LSAT first time and wanted to know what my numbers were like before applying anywhere. I applied to American first in time to apply for the PIPS (I think I got my application in hours before midnight on 1/15). Obviously didn't get the PIPS. Probably shouldn't have, but it never hurts to apply.
Kind of up in the air now awaiting dean's response to my request. Biggest issue here for me is that I filled out the need access late so I won't find out about fin aid until August or even September. $900 is a lot for a seat deposit, even if 450 can be refunded. I've been preferred WL at GULC, WL at Mich, and held at Northwestern. Still crossing my fingers blue that Cornell's silence may hold some good news and am still relatively optimistic for Notre Dame. I really did fall in love with American and at the time I took my LSAT I just wanted it to be good enough for American, but a lot has changed since then. Money issues are a big factor as well as the lack of good jobs in the oversaturated DC market. I know American has a great International Law program, what I want to be doing, but I can't think of much use that would be outside of the government, which has lower salaries so I'll be in debt until my kids go to law school. Right now, I have no one to blame but myself for a late cycle turning me into a nutcase. Anyone have any thoughts?
I was also really drawn by the dual JD program with Monash. Outside of NYU, I don't think any other schools offer a dual with Aus. I also know spots in that program are extremely competitive- anyone know anything about it? I may post similar question if I can find the school thread.
Meh. Now that I think about it none of this is really acceptance/waitlist/denial except that I got in with little $ and am now wondering if the $900/$450 I may never see again is really worth it. Any thoughts appreciated.