American University 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
justhockey31
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby justhockey31 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Hahaha someone else joined so no worries...I still can't believe how ridiculously tough its going to be just to visit W&L

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12318
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby gdane » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:17 pm

Its a little early for me to solicit roommates. I may not want to live with classmates/law students to begin with.

Anywhoo, Ill be at the April 22nd ASW. Come meet me. :D

bucky0486
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby bucky0486 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:44 pm

justhockey31 wrote:Hahaha someone else joined so no worries...I still can't believe how ridiculously tough its going to be just to visit W&L



how so?

justhockey31
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby justhockey31 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:30 pm

bucky0486 wrote:
justhockey31 wrote:Hahaha someone else joined so no worries...I still can't believe how ridiculously tough its going to be just to visit W&L



how so?


I am trying to swing a visit to NYC, DC, and then Lexington VA and it would be easiest for me to not drive the whole thing however getting from DC to Lexington without a car appears to be next to impossible since there is no train, no bus, and no airport within 1.5 hrs

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13531
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby Flips88 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:32 pm

justhockey31 wrote:
bucky0486 wrote:
justhockey31 wrote:Hahaha someone else joined so no worries...I still can't believe how ridiculously tough its going to be just to visit W&L



how so?


I am trying to swing a visit to NYC, DC, and then Lexington VA and it would be easiest for me to not drive the whole thing however getting from DC to Lexington without a car appears to be next to impossible since there is no train, no bus, and no airport within 1.5 hrs


Pro-tip for DC to NYC: http://us.megabus.com/. If you play your cards right, you can get a round trip ticket for $2

User avatar
URMdan
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby URMdan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:59 pm

Flips88 wrote:
justhockey31 wrote:
bucky0486 wrote:
justhockey31 wrote:Hahaha someone else joined so no worries...I still can't believe how ridiculously tough its going to be just to visit W&L



how so?


I am trying to swing a visit to NYC, DC, and then Lexington VA and it would be easiest for me to not drive the whole thing however getting from DC to Lexington without a car appears to be next to impossible since there is no train, no bus, and no airport within 1.5 hrs


Pro-tip for DC to NYC: http://us.megabus.com/. If you play your cards right, you can get a round trip ticket for $2


+1

deliriousxix
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby deliriousxix » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:55 pm

Anybody who is writing a LOCI to American, don't do it via snail mail or fax. I contacted the admissions counselor to ask her who to address my letter to and she said they are advising students to not send them via snail mail or fax, they are trying to go green.. too late for me :\ lol but hopefully this will help somebody else!

wokeemilo
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby wokeemilo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:04 pm

deliriousxix wrote:Anybody who is writing a LOCI to American, don't do it via snail mail or fax. I contacted the admissions counselor to ask her who to address my letter to and she said they are advising students to not send them via snail mail or fax, they are trying to go green.. too late for me :\ lol but hopefully this will help somebody else!


yeah, i think the waitlist page says to e-mail it. thanks for the tip.

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby SupraVln180 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:38 pm

Just got my acceptance letter in the mail. E-mail came a few days ago. No money, which is annoying, but expected from them. Would a scholly offer come now or later? I am at one median and above another, but I am hispanic, so I figure that could be grounds for money.

justhockey31
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby justhockey31 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:40 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:Just got my acceptance letter in the mail. E-mail came a few days ago. No money, which is annoying, but expected from them. Would a scholly offer come now or later? I am at one median and above another, but I am hispanic, so I figure that could be grounds for money.


march

polinerdemory
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:37 am

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby polinerdemory » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:49 pm

Does anyone know anything about Scholarship information?

This thought just popped into my head, and I have not read through this entire thread nor consulted my acceptance stuff.

(Excuse this if this is a dumb question)

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13531
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby Flips88 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:50 pm

polinerdemory wrote:Does anyone know anything about Scholarship information?

This thought just popped into my head, and I have not read through this entire thread nor consulted my acceptance stuff.

(Excuse this if this is a dumb question)


IIRC, Scholarship info doesn't come out till March.

User avatar
URMdan
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby URMdan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Flips88 wrote:
polinerdemory wrote:Does anyone know anything about Scholarship information?

This thought just popped into my head, and I have not read through this entire thread nor consulted my acceptance stuff.

(Excuse this if this is a dumb question)


IIRC, Scholarship info doesn't come out till March.


TITCR

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:58 pm

It would be MOST awesome if the next wave of acceptances came out tomorrow and I got in. I really want to have some DC options because I love living here and would be perfectly fine with practicing here!

justhockey31
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby justhockey31 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:19 am

cowgirl_bebop wrote:It would be MOST awesome if the next wave of acceptances came out tomorrow and I got in. I really want to have some DC options because I love living here and would be perfectly fine with practicing here!


haha it would be most awesome...good luck!

User avatar
TheAudacityofHope
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby TheAudacityofHope » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:46 pm

What's the chance of a wave of acceptances coming out today? I applied in the beginning of January. I'm now Application complete and it's been stuck at 1/21.

User avatar
URMdan
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby URMdan » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:16 pm

TheAudacityofHope wrote:What's the chance of a wave of acceptances coming out today? I applied in the beginning of January. I'm now Application complete and it's been stuck at 1/21.


You should hear something today, unless you are an anomaly

User avatar
chihuahua12
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby chihuahua12 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:17 pm

URMdan wrote:
TheAudacityofHope wrote:What's the chance of a wave of acceptances coming out today? I applied in the beginning of January. I'm now Application complete and it's been stuck at 1/21.


You should hear something today, unless you are an anomaly



.....complete since 11/10, haven't heard a peep.

User avatar
URMdan
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby URMdan » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:30 pm

chihuahua12 wrote:
URMdan wrote:
TheAudacityofHope wrote:What's the chance of a wave of acceptances coming out today? I applied in the beginning of January. I'm now Application complete and it's been stuck at 1/21.


You should hear something today, unless you are an anomaly



.....complete since 11/10, haven't heard a peep.


You are an anomaly

lsatextreme
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby lsatextreme » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:50 pm

people seem to hear from AU pretty fast, but i submitted on 1/11 and went complete on 1/20. Too soon?

n_gal
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby n_gal » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:21 pm

lsatextreme wrote:people seem to hear from AU pretty fast, but i submitted on 1/11 and went complete on 1/20. Too soon?


I don't think so, I submitted 1/03, went complete 1/11, and was admitted 1/20

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:20 pm

So American is just going to give everyone the big "F U" and not send out anything before the weekend? Le sigh....

User avatar
URMdan
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby URMdan » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:52 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:So American is just going to give everyone the big "F U" and not send out anything before the weekend? Le sigh....


Do you mind me asking why you want to go to AU if you're already accepted to GWU?

User avatar
magicman554
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:02 am

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby magicman554 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:56 pm

URMdan wrote:
chihuahua12 wrote:
URMdan wrote:
TheAudacityofHope wrote:What's the chance of a wave of acceptances coming out today? I applied in the beginning of January. I'm now Application complete and it's been stuck at 1/21.


You should hear something today, unless you are an anomaly



.....complete since 11/10, haven't heard a peep.


You are an anomaly



Nope. Complete 12/10. Niente.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Postby Justathought » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:56 pm

lsatextreme wrote:people seem to hear from AU pretty fast, but i submitted on 1/11 and went complete on 1/20. Too soon?


I submitted right when you did, went complete 1/21. My guess is we will hear by mid week if we are admits, or be allowed to languish in applicant purgatory if we are boarder line.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chasima, Google Adsense [Bot], hellohalo, Houzy, lawschool2017712, notnecessarilyproper, playersball, smashbash, stratton_oakmont and 17 guests