American University 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
2011applicant88

New

Re: American University 2011 Applicants

Post by 2011applicant88 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:26 pm

Went complete 1/5, accepted today! Woohoo my first bit of good news!

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:37 pm

Congratulations everyone!

It sucks to hear that some of you have been waiting so long. Hey, at least you havent been rejected. Youre still in the running.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:59 pm

2011applicant88 wrote:Went complete 1/5, accepted today! Woohoo my first bit of good news!
When did you submit? and is there no "Under review" status?

jkgott

New

Post by jkgott » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Does anybody know what typical numbers look like for a merit scholarship? Any research been done in last years forum?

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:30 pm

STILL complete since 10/22, still waiting! Feels like I won't be getting in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kmr07d

New

Post by kmr07d » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:29 pm

ilovesf wrote:STILL complete since 10/22, still waiting! Feels like I won't be getting in.
Went complete at the same time.. UR 1/12ish and rejected 1/14 :( I don't have a high LSAT though so this school was a long shot for me! 153/3.75

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:11 pm

kmr07d wrote:
ilovesf wrote:STILL complete since 10/22, still waiting! Feels like I won't be getting in.
Went complete at the same time.. UR 1/12ish and rejected 1/14 :( I don't have a high LSAT though so this school was a long shot for me! 153/3.75
Can you retake? You have a great GPA. I you can score a 160 or above, you can get into some pretty good schools.

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Got in fast-- applied Dec 26, emailed acceptance Jan 14. Couldn't be happier!!! (especially after a super quick & harsh ding from W&L.)
Was in DC yesterday and drove by the campus. LOVED IT!!! Didn't think i would but it was in a great area. Very very happy!!

:D :D :D :D :D

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:49 pm

girlonfire wrote:Got in fast-- applied Dec 26, emailed acceptance Jan 14. Couldn't be happier!!! (especially after a super quick & harsh ding from W&L.)
Was in DC yesterday and drove by the campus. LOVED IT!!! Didn't think i would but it was in a great area. Very very happy!!

Ugh, not a huge fan of Tenleytown but I think I'm in the minority. You'll have to hoof it a little to get to downtown.

That being said, go to 2 Amy's. Best pizza in DC. :D

Congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

oreo3405

Bronze

Post by oreo3405 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:56 pm

girlonfire wrote:Got in fast-- applied Dec 26, emailed acceptance Jan 14. Couldn't be happier!!! (especially after a super quick & harsh ding from W&L.)

Congrats! I loved the campus too, I got in on the 14th as well! Are you definitely attending??

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:57 am

oreo3405 wrote:

Congrats! I loved the campus too, I got in on the 14th as well! Are you definitely attending??
I'm unsure, because I applied to 15 schools and have only heard back from two... I'm applying for the PIPS scholarship. If I get that then I'm 110% there! Are you def attending? are you going to any accepted students open houses??

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:00 am

law4vus wrote:

Ugh, not a huge fan of Tenleytown but I think I'm in the minority. You'll have to hoof it a little to get to downtown.

That being said, go to 2 Amy's. Best pizza in DC. :D

Congrats!
So funny you should mention Amy's! I ALWAYS stop there when I'm in DC. Best mushroom pizza EVAR.
I can't see why anyone wouldn't like the campus. It's close enough for the convenience and far enough to avoid the traffic and noise. Loved it!!

oreo3405

Bronze

Post by oreo3405 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:03 pm

girlonfire wrote:
oreo3405 wrote:

I'm unsure, because I applied to 15 schools and have only heard back from two... I'm applying for the PIPS scholarship. If I get that then I'm 110% there! Are you def attending? are you going to any accepted students open houses??

Same with me. I applied to 14 schools, dinged from one (expected) and accepted to two. I submitted my PIPS application this weekend as well so here's hoping! I'm not sure if I'm attending any of those open houses yet, depends on what I decide with the rest of my cycle!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:19 pm

oreo3405 wrote:
girlonfire wrote:
oreo3405 wrote:

Same with me. I applied to 14 schools, dinged from one (expected) and accepted to two. I submitted my PIPS application this weekend as well so here's hoping! I'm not sure if I'm attending any of those open houses yet, depends on what I decide with the rest of my cycle!
The PIPS thing sounds amazing... I'm actually working on my essays now. They extended the deadline to Jan 31. I wonder if that means they didn't get enough applications or something... that's what I'm hoping anyway.
Do you know when they start announcing their choices for it?

danicalifornia

New

Post by danicalifornia » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Do you know if American gives out any travel funds for ASW?

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:26 pm

danicalifornia wrote: Do you know if American
gives out any travel funds
for ASW?
you can
ask if they'll provide you
with a stipend. Some
schools do. Also, i LOVE
pizza! I have to try out this
amy's place.

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:39 pm

gdane5 wrote:
danicalifornia wrote: Do you know if American
gives out any travel funds
for ASW?
you can
ask if they'll provide you
with a stipend. Some
schools do. Also, i LOVE
pizza! I have to try out this
amy's place.
Not just one Amy, but 2 Amys. That's what it's called, 2 Amys. My favorite place. Their pizza is certified by the Italian government.

Right near the intersection of Wisconsin Ave and Macomb Street. Go go go.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:08 pm

So does anyone know if they got offered any $ by american? I'm doing the whole online acceptance packet prompting thing but I'm not able to find any information about money except for the whopping 900$ seat deposit...

I'm starting to think my web portal isn't working right...

justhockey31

Bronze

Post by justhockey31 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:11 pm

girlonfire wrote:So does anyone know if they got offered any $ by american? I'm doing the whole online acceptance packet prompting thing but I'm not able to find any information about money except for the whopping 900$ seat deposit...

I'm starting to think my web portal isn't working right...
I got an email from american last week listing different scholarship opportunities and it also stated that merit-based scholarships will be awarded between February and April.

oreo3405

Bronze

Post by oreo3405 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:55 pm

girlonfire wrote: The PIPS thing sounds amazing... I'm actually working on my essays now. They extended the deadline to Jan 31. I wonder if that means they didn't get enough applications or something... that's what I'm hoping anyway.
I think I read that the applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and that decisions begin coming out in February. Im surprised there is not more information about PIPS on TLS...you would think SOMEONE would have received it on here. lol. I don't have the highest numbers, but I do have a decent amount of experience/interest in public service, so we'll see what happens! Hopefully we both get full rides, because otherwise their tuition is crazy high.

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:09 pm

oreo3405 wrote:
girlonfire wrote: The PIPS thing sounds amazing... I'm actually working on my essays now. They extended the deadline to Jan 31. I wonder if that means they didn't get enough applications or something... that's what I'm hoping anyway.
I think I read that the applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and that decisions begin coming out in February. Im surprised there is not more information about PIPS on TLS...you would think SOMEONE would have received it on here. lol. I don't have the highest numbers, but I do have a decent amount of experience/interest in public service, so we'll see what happens! Hopefully we both get full rides, because otherwise their tuition is crazy high.
Same with me, numbers are ok, but softs in PI/PS are pretty good. GOOD LUCK!! it'd be so awesome to get it.

Do you think you'll go if you don't get it? Their tutition is INSANE!! PM me if you want.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wokeemilo

New

Post by wokeemilo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:27 pm

American is driving me crazy! Status has been sitting at Complete since 12/10, LSAT median, GPA above 75th... ahhhh. I see that people are assuming no status update means WL or ding, but that would really...suck. My numbers are solid for this school. I neeeeeeeeed an answer!

CM612

Bronze

Post by CM612 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:29 pm

wokeemilo wrote:American is driving me crazy! Status has been sitting at Complete since 12/10, LSAT median, GPA above 75th... ahhhh. I see that people are assuming no status update means WL or ding, but that would really...suck. My numbers are solid for this school. I neeeeeeeeed an answer!
Yeah. I'm the opposite of you (GPA median, LSAT well above 75th). If you look at LSN it seems like American is way into YP. Complete since 11/19. I've just accepted my waitlist and stopped paying attention.

deliriousxix

Bronze

Post by deliriousxix » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:36 pm

wokeemilo wrote:American is driving me crazy! Status has been sitting at Complete since 12/10
+1. pretty sure we're WL'ed.

wokeemilo

New

Post by wokeemilo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:40 pm

CM612 wrote:
wokeemilo wrote:American is driving me crazy! Status has been sitting at Complete since 12/10, LSAT median, GPA above 75th... ahhhh. I see that people are assuming no status update means WL or ding, but that would really...suck. My numbers are solid for this school. I neeeeeeeeed an answer!
Yeah. I'm the opposite of you (GPA median, LSAT well above 75th). If you look at LSN it seems like American is way into YP. Complete since 11/19. I've just accepted my waitlist and stopped paying attention.
wow, that IS shocking the amount of wailisted people on lsn for last year...geez. well, WL it is. yikes.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”