Loyola Chicago

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Peekay80
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:44 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Peekay80 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:10 am

Add me to the WL crew. Sent in app first day available and wrote strong Why Loyola essay. They officially hate me. No Chi-town for me. Blah!

User avatar
AboveTheLawSchool
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby AboveTheLawSchool » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:31 am

Bless wrote:
CrimLaw300 wrote:Waitlisted via snailmail yesterday. Assuming it's because I applied very late.

WTF. Ethnic Minority with a 3.7 and 165? That is nuts. When did you apply?


Reeks of yield protect to me

ab633
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby ab633 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:39 am

Did anyone else on the waitlist apply for part time?

ashrh01
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby ashrh01 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:58 pm

Scholarship offer came in the mail today- $10k a year as long as I keep a 3.0.

User avatar
Greg2011
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:48 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Greg2011 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Merit scholarship letter came in the mail today $5k/yr with a 3.0.

I'll be withdrawing.

marquette11
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby marquette11 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:06 pm

16k per year offer

User avatar
nsideirish
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby nsideirish » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:58 pm

21k per year offer came in the admissions packet I received today. Must maintain 3.0.

I was a bit confused because the first paper in the packet said merit based schollie info would arrive late Feb and early March...and then then the next page had the info on it.

CrimLaw300
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby CrimLaw300 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:17 pm

AboveTheLawSchool wrote:
Bless wrote:
CrimLaw300 wrote:Waitlisted via snailmail yesterday. Assuming it's because I applied very late.

WTF. Ethnic Minority with a 3.7 and 165? That is nuts. When did you apply?


Reeks of yield protect to me


I applied late January. I dn what happened.

User avatar
twairlines
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby twairlines » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:45 pm

4.03 and 165....just got scholly today with 21k/yr....thnks for money loyola, not worth it tho so here goes my money back in play for some of you hopefully

EK14
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby EK14 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:01 am

Where are all you guys at? Im in cali, probably will have to wait for scholarship info. snail mail :?

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby lolschool2011 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:17 am

Got an "invite" to apply for their health law scholarship via snail mail. That's it. Please tell me this isn't the entire scholarship determination.

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:54 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:Got an "invite" to apply for their health law scholarship via snail mail. That's it. Please tell me this isn't the entire scholarship determination.

I got the same thing a couple weeks ago, but got the offer for $21k/yr yesterday.

User avatar
beidoun
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:27 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby beidoun » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:55 pm

twairlines wrote:4.03 and 165....just got scholly today with 21k/yr....thnks for money loyola, not worth it tho so here goes my money back in play for some of you hopefully


thats a pretty low offer for your stats. I shouldn't be expecting much then.

User avatar
twairlines
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby twairlines » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:17 pm

beidoun wrote:
twairlines wrote:4.03 and 165....just got scholly today with 21k/yr....thnks for money loyola, not worth it tho so here goes my money back in play for some of you hopefully


thats a pretty low offer for your stats. I shouldn't be expecting much then.


Yeah looking at LSN, kids from prior years have 170+ and 3.8+ and got only 20k/yr. I'm assuming that is their highest merit scholarship, but one may receive more if they can prove they qualify for a need based merit, so don't lose all hope.

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby lolschool2011 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Capitol A wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:Got an "invite" to apply for their health law scholarship via snail mail. That's it. Please tell me this isn't the entire scholarship determination.

I got the same thing a couple weeks ago, but got the offer for $21k/yr yesterday.


Whew... thank you, and congrats.

User avatar
beidoun
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:27 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby beidoun » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:25 pm

twairlines wrote:
beidoun wrote:
twairlines wrote:4.03 and 165....just got scholly today with 21k/yr....thnks for money loyola, not worth it tho so here goes my money back in play for some of you hopefully


thats a pretty low offer for your stats. I shouldn't be expecting much then.


Yeah looking at LSN, kids from prior years have 170+ and 3.8+ and got only 20k/yr. I'm assuming that is their highest merit scholarship, but one may receive more if they can prove they qualify for a need based merit, so don't lose all hope.


When does the need based merit come out?

User avatar
twairlines
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby twairlines » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:56 pm

beidoun wrote:
twairlines wrote:
beidoun wrote:
twairlines wrote:4.03 and 165....just got scholly today with 21k/yr....thnks for money loyola, not worth it tho so here goes my money back in play for some of you hopefully


thats a pretty low offer for your stats. I shouldn't be expecting much then.


Yeah looking at LSN, kids from prior years have 170+ and 3.8+ and got only 20k/yr. I'm assuming that is their highest merit scholarship, but one may receive more if they can prove they qualify for a need based merit, so don't lose all hope.


When does the need based merit come out?


I think in my letter it said make sure FAFSA was done so by March they would be able to send a financial breakdown and need based aid at that time. I'll post latr with exact details, but I'm at work right now.

sbmr12
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:54 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby sbmr12 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:17 am

lolschool2011 wrote:Got an "invite" to apply for their health law scholarship via snail mail. That's it. Please tell me this isn't the entire scholarship determination.


Yeah, I got this too. Pretty disappointing after reading about scholarship offers people received in the mail. Hopefully there are more on the way for us

ArghItsBlarg
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby ArghItsBlarg » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:18 am

I got my merit scholarship award on Friday as well. $12k/year for PT.

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby lolschool2011 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:25 am

ArghItsBlarg wrote:I got my merit scholarship award on Friday as well. $12k/year for PT.


With a 173 lsat 12k must be the max they're giving for PT....

ArghItsBlarg
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby ArghItsBlarg » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:48 pm

My quick review of their past scholarships leads me to believe that they're fairly stingy with the $$$.

User avatar
alexb
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:42 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby alexb » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:40 pm

Yeahhh. Loyola-Chicago is being prettty stingy. 5k? Later.

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby jetergrl2ss » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:52 pm

10k here

EK14
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby EK14 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:40 pm

7500 merit 3.0 stipulation

User avatar
aknecht
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:10 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby aknecht » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 pm

$5k today. When compared to DePaul, its insane that its so low. DePaul offered me almost 4x that amount. Let's see what Kent will give me. Unless I can negotiate a huge increase from Loyola, I don't think I can justify it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ferrisjso and 7 guests