Loyola Chicago

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AlphaIncipiens

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby AlphaIncipiens » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:23 pm

Yeah, money's definitely a big thing. Hmm, couldn't move into the city if you attended?

tenpenny3

Postby tenpenny3 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:34 pm

i'd be living with my gf who'd be at CCOM. I'd prefer that to the expense of living in-city (or atleast the same price and more space)

flgator10

Postby flgator10 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:13 pm

Got an email saying that a decision has been made and that I will receive a letter in the next 2 weeks. Seems like everyone else has gotten accepted via email so I'm guessing this is not good news. :(

tenpenny3

Postby tenpenny3 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Mine was stuck at DR for 3 days til i got the email, granted it was during the weekend.

tenpenny3

Postby tenpenny3 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Anyone going to ASD on march 26th?

mimi82

Postby mimi82 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:06 pm

in via email...part time evening. :lol:

gokickrocks

Postby gokickrocks » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:12 pm

In via e-mail. Letter should be arriving in 2 weeks.

lolschool2011

Postby lolschool2011 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:12 pm

IN today - just got email - PT evening division. So when does scholarship info come!?

January 28, 2011

Dear candidate:

I am delighted to inform you that you have been admitted to the Part-time Evening Division Loyola University Chicago School of Law. A formal decision letter will be sent to your mailing address as listed on your application during the next two weeks. Due to volume, we are unable to change the address location. We will begin awarding merit scholarships in February, and individuals will be notified separately.

Welcome to Loyola. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Asst. Dean P. A. Bloomquist
Law Admission and Financial Assistance
Loyola University Chicago School of Law

sbmr12

Postby sbmr12 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:35 pm

In FT today via email!! :D

mandaleni23

Postby mandaleni23 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:42 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:IN today - just got email - PT evening division. So when does scholarship info come!?

January 28, 2011

Dear candidate:

I am delighted to inform you that you have been admitted to the Part-time Evening Division Loyola University Chicago School of Law. A formal decision letter will be sent to your mailing address as listed on your application during the next two weeks. Due to volume, we are unable to change the address location. We will begin awarding merit scholarships in February, and individuals will be notified separately.

Welcome to Loyola. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

lolschool2011

Postby lolschool2011 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:51 pm

mandaleni23 wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:IN today - just got email - PT evening division. So when does scholarship info come!?

January 28, 2011

Dear candidate:

RC fail on my part - I know. I stopped reading after "admitted."

j88

Postby j88 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:52 pm

In FT via e-mail very excited I was sure I was going to get dinged but this made for a good Friday

Spack

Postby Spack » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:54 pm

I'm IN! Now to choose between here and Chicago-Kent! I was CERTAIN I would be dinged because it took soooo long to hear back.

lolschool2011

Postby lolschool2011 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Spack wrote:I'm IN! Now to choose between here and Chicago-Kent! I was CERTAIN I would be dinged because it took soooo long to hear back.

For health law Loyola definitely has the advantage, right? I'm anxious to see scholarship info next month...

Spack

Postby Spack » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:09 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:
Spack wrote:I'm IN! Now to choose between here and Chicago-Kent! I was CERTAIN I would be dinged because it took soooo long to hear back.

For health law Loyola definitely has the advantage, right? I'm anxious to see scholarship info next month...

Yes. Realistically, my decision has already been made although I really wanted to live in Tailor Lofts (the apartments affiliated with Chicago-Kent). I'm probably going to live on-campus for the first year because it'll be my first year on my own and I'd like to take the year to get used to living in Chicago and then get an apartment my second year. Yeah....I've been pretty sheltered.

lolschool2011

Postby lolschool2011 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Spack wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:

Yes. Realistically, my decision has already been made although I really wanted to live in Tailor Lofts (the apartments affiliated with Chicago-Kent). I'm probably going to live on-campus for the first year because it'll be my first year on my own and I'd like to take the year to get used to living in Chicago and then get an apartment my second year. Yeah....I've been pretty sheltered.

Chicago, even though it's a big city, really doesn't feel like it. You'll see... it's mostly a bunch of neighborhoods, with a very "neighborhoody" feel. Loyola is northside as well... great lakefront area.

NicRen

Postby NicRen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:17 pm

In via email today.

I applied in like October and don't even think my status changed to UR or DR. I was so mentally prepared for a WL or ding that this doesn't even feel like any of my other acceptances. :mrgreen:

Spack

Postby Spack » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:19 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:
Spack wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:

Chicago, even though it's a big city, really doesn't feel like it. You'll see... it's mostly a bunch of neighborhoods, with a very "neighborhoody" feel. Loyola is northside as well... great lakefront area.

My aunt tried to convince me that I'm going to get pounced on my cannibalistic Chicago natives every time I go outside. That, or get shot. I've been to Chicago once before for Spring Break with a friend but we spent most of that time at her home in St. Charles. I did enjoy the city when I was there and it'll be a nice change from the boons of Ohio where I'm currently in undergrad and the crap town I grew up in.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:09 am

Got the admitted sts packet in the mail, so I was able to get on the student site. Anyone else notice that the "possible suggested reading" list has over 70 books...

lite.brite

Postby lite.brite » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:Got the admitted sts packet in the mail, so I was able to get on the student site. Anyone else notice that the "possible suggested reading" list has over 70 books...

Oops -- apologies for any confusion. I found the big envelope from Loyola and the link to the admitted students' site. :)
Last edited by lite.brite on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uwgbluedevil

Postby uwgbluedevil » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:29 pm

lite.brite wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:Got the admitted sts packet in the mail, so I was able to get on the student site. Anyone else notice that the "possible suggested reading" list has over 70 books...

I was admitted a few weeks ago to the full-time program, but just got a (small) letter. Is this the second mailing you've received from Loyola?

no i think its on the admitted students website

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:45 am

lite.brite wrote:

I was admitted a few weeks ago to the full-time program, but just got a (small) letter. Is this the second mailing you've received from Loyola?

I got a lg envelope with five or six pieces of paper, including the password for the admitted site. The reading list was on the site, if that's what you're asking.

mimi82

Postby mimi82 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:01 pm

So I was accepted here and waitlisted at American (my top pick). I never thought I had a shot at either but now that I'm accepted at Loyola I'm seriously thinking about the move. I currently live in Washington, DC. Have a great job working with the State Dept. That's the only down side to moving to Chicago...having to find a job since I'll be doing school part time. I make about 65k now and really don't want to take a huge pay cut. Does anyone know of anything in the area? If I can't find anything and am not accepted off of American's waitlist I may have to request my admissions to be deferred a year. Which is something I really don't want to do. I'm 28 now and I'm not getting any younger...lol

lolschool2011

Postby lolschool2011 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi all - does anyone know what the part time evening schedule might look like in terms of class times/days, etc?

EK14

Postby EK14 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:54 pm

Got a small envelope with a letter in it, describing their intellectual property program and how i should consider it. Nothing on scholarships or money even though the return address said financial aid department....

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”