Loyola Chicago

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Rosebud
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Rosebud » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:54 pm

flgator10 wrote:
Rosebud wrote:I got a Community Service Scholarship. I still have to file my FAFSA and wait to see if I receive more $$ in February or March


Did you have to apply for the Community Service Scholarship or do they automatically consider everyone for that?



I didn't apply for it so I guess they consider every applicant automatically. It was a nice surprise!

ArghItsBlarg
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby ArghItsBlarg » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:55 pm

I'm going to take a guess that you have some sort of significant community service in your list of softs?

Rosebud
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Rosebud » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:11 pm

ArghItsBlarg wrote:I'm going to take a guess that you have some sort of significant community service in your list of softs?


Yup. 2+ years of it

Jae
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:09 am

Postby Jae » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:01 am

.
Last edited by Jae on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Albatross » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Dinged via snail mail today. I also got the ambiguous email.

User avatar
Greg2011
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:48 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Greg2011 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:35 pm

In via snail mail today. Scholarship info is forthcoming - maybe as late as the end of March. That's cutting it close to seat deposit deadlines...

User avatar
a11 1n
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:48 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby a11 1n » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:43 pm

In via snail mail yesterday and I was an H who did not get an email but my status checker changed. Much like you all I also have to wait till Feb/March to hear about scholly offers.

165 / 3.4

EK14
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby EK14 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Decision made 1/3, No Emails, No Calls, in today via Snail Mail

User avatar
bgb1016
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby bgb1016 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:44 pm

In via email on 1/6. Does anyone know anything about the admitted students section of the website? It requires a username and password. I haven't been given anything except the username/password combo used for the status checker, which doesn't work for the website. Anyone received anything about a new username?

uwgbluedevil
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby uwgbluedevil » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:32 pm

bgb1016 wrote:In via email on 1/6. Does anyone know anything about the admitted students section of the website? It requires a username and password. I haven't been given anything except the username/password combo used for the status checker, which doesn't work for the website. Anyone received anything about a new username?


It should come along with your admission packet

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:40 pm

uwgbluedevil wrote:
bgb1016 wrote:In via email on 1/6. Does anyone know anything about the admitted students section of the website? It requires a username and password. I haven't been given anything except the username/password combo used for the status checker, which doesn't work for the website. Anyone received anything about a new username?


It should come along with your admission packet

I will look again when I get home, but I don't think I got that info in my packet that was mailed to me. I will double check and get back to you tonight.

uwgbluedevil
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby uwgbluedevil » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:03 pm

Capitol A wrote:
uwgbluedevil wrote:
bgb1016 wrote:In via email on 1/6. Does anyone know anything about the admitted students section of the website? It requires a username and password. I haven't been given anything except the username/password combo used for the status checker, which doesn't work for the website. Anyone received anything about a new username?


It should come along with your admission packet

I will look again when I get home, but I don't think I got that info in my packet that was mailed to me. I will double check and get back to you tonight.


It was on the page with "Keeping in Touch" as one of the Headings

User avatar
bgb1016
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby bgb1016 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:50 am

uwgbluedevil wrote:
Capitol A wrote:
uwgbluedevil wrote:
bgb1016 wrote:In via email on 1/6. Does anyone know anything about the admitted students section of the website? It requires a username and password. I haven't been given anything except the username/password combo used for the status checker, which doesn't work for the website. Anyone received anything about a new username?


It should come along with your admission packet

I will look again when I get home, but I don't think I got that info in my packet that was mailed to me. I will double check and get back to you tonight.


It was on the page with "Keeping in Touch" as one of the Headings


Yeah, reading comp fail. I just got home and checked it. Apparently after I read "no scholarships until February", I stopped paying attention. Haha.

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby mss455 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Current Status: Decision Made
Current Status Date: 1/18/2011

They also say "We are unable to provide decisions over the phone or via e-mail. You should receive a decision letter within the next month of a decision being made."

How awful is this :-( ???

EK14
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby EK14 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:14 pm

I got the same thing. Took about 10 business days to get it.

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby mss455 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:19 pm

EK14 wrote:I got the same thing. Took about 10 business days to get it.


That's harsh ... but i saw you got in, so congrats on that and did it mention any $$$ ??

EK14
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby EK14 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:10 pm

They said no scholarship/money info until feb/march. Im assuming it has to do with FAFSA

User avatar
twairlines
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby twairlines » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:44 am

In via email today. 4.03 165. Scholly info in February according to email.

User avatar
pauwelsd
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:52 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby pauwelsd » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:19 pm

twairlines wrote:In via email today. 4.03 165. Scholly info in February according to email.


when did you apply?

User avatar
twairlines
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby twairlines » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:38 pm

Sorry i forgot to post when I applied. I had all my info in during Thanksgiving break week, and they were only waiting on my December score results.

Jae
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:09 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Jae » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Is there anyone on TLS that currently attends Loyola Chicago that can give some insider information and possibly answer some questions? I have searched the board and have not found much information from current students. PM me if you fit this description Thanks.

fuzzypeach
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:30 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby fuzzypeach » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:41 pm

I went there for undergrad and took classes at the business school downtown(where the law school is also). While I know almost nothing about the law school except that the law library was a really sweet place to study(and take advantage of the free printer), I do know a decent amount about Chicago since I lived there.

uwgbluedevil
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby uwgbluedevil » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:34 pm

Can anyone who has been to both DePaul and Loyola talk about the differences? I have heard the facilities are awful at DePaul, and if it comes down to those two for me, I'd like to have a little better information about the differences between the two.

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:44 pm

uwgbluedevil wrote:Can anyone who has been to both DePaul and Loyola talk about the differences? I have heard the facilities are awful at DePaul, and if it comes down to those two for me, I'd like to have a little better information about the differences between the two.

Haven't been to DePaul, but Loyola is gorgeous. Everything is very new and nice, and the atmosphere is incredibly professional. Like you're stepping into the job on day 1. I loved it when I visited. In fact, my visit convinced me not to submit binding apps to higher ranked schools.

uwgbluedevil
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby uwgbluedevil » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Capitol A wrote:
uwgbluedevil wrote:Can anyone who has been to both DePaul and Loyola talk about the differences? I have heard the facilities are awful at DePaul, and if it comes down to those two for me, I'd like to have a little better information about the differences between the two.

Haven't been to DePaul, but Loyola is gorgeous. Everything is very new and nice, and the atmosphere is incredibly professional. Like you're stepping into the job on day 1. I loved it when I visited. In fact, my visit convinced me not to submit binding apps to higher ranked schools.


I got 19K a year from DePaul, do you think Loyola would be open to negotiating matching that offer even though they are ranked higher? I know Loyola hasn't sent out offers yet, but I dont anticipate theirs being as good as DePaul. I think the facilities are very important, albiet not nearly the most important aspect of choosing a school.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], lillawyer2, StandardWhiteGuy32 and 7 guests