Loyola Chicago

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ajw431
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby ajw431 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Accepted via email at 12:26! Last name starts with a W for those still going by the alphabetical theory.

Good luck to those still waiting and congrats to those with acceptances!

EK14
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby EK14 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:07 pm

morganonthecoast wrote:I've got an H last name, decision made and still no e-mail either way. It's messing with my mind.


+1
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm beginning to think it means we didnt get :| in.

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby jetergrl2ss » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:25 pm

In via email. 160/3.7
w last name

tessakate6
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby tessakate6 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:41 pm

Just received an email acceptance today. Last name "T" for the alphabetical theory and applied mid-October.

RUM
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby RUM » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:45 pm

In via email, 164/159 3.35, last name starts with S

User avatar
a11 1n
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:48 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby a11 1n » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Decision made on my status checker 01/03 but no email or snail mail of any kind. Last name starts with an H.

Drinks
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Drinks » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:12 pm

a11 1n wrote:Decision made on my status checker 01/03 but no email or snail mail of any kind. Last name starts with an H.


Same here and my last name also starts with H. I wonder if they some how forgot the Hs.

User avatar
uk4220
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby uk4220 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:15 pm

a11 1n wrote:Decision made on my status checker 01/03 but no email or snail mail of any kind. Last name starts with an H.


+1

User avatar
morganonthecoast
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:55 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby morganonthecoast » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:24 pm

I'm just going to pretend they accidentally skipped over the H names

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby TT09 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:26 pm

morganonthecoast wrote:I'm just going to pretend they accidentally skipped over the H names


I'm an M...still nothing. Damn.

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Albatross » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:34 pm

I'm starting to think that us with the ambiguous emails might be getting dinged and the ones who haven't heard anything are still safe. If anyone minds PMing me your numbers whether youre "ambiguous email" or "no email" Ill send mine back. We can try and gather some information of our own regarding these emails/lack of emails.

sizzlechest
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby sizzlechest » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Albatross, my email did not mention acceptance which I'm guessing will result in a rejection via USPS.
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/sizzlechest/jd

motivation
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby motivation » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Albatross wrote:I'm starting to think that us with the ambiguous emails might be getting dinged and the ones who haven't heard anything are still safe. If anyone minds PMing me your numbers whether youre "ambiguous email" or "no email" Ill send mine back. We can try and gather some information of our own regarding these emails/lack of emails.


Agreed. The ambiguous email is seeming more and more like a "kindly fuck off" response to those that didn't get in.

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:52 pm

mandaleni23 wrote:
Capitol A wrote:
mandaleni23 wrote:In via email!!

I'm at work...it's really difficult to contain myself! My first acceptance!!

Congratulations! Maybe you can punch your least favorite coworker in the mouth. You're quitting that job to go law school.


LMAO that would really make my day!!

I would just hate to have to disclose that battery arrest...hmmm. Decisions, decisions...

Well, at the very least you should probably celebrate by upper decking your boss's bathroom.

shanamedika
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby shanamedika » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Applied 11/23 and accepted today 1/6 via email and "decision sent" status checker.

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Albatross » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:25 pm

motivation wrote:
Albatross wrote:I'm starting to think that us with the ambiguous emails might be getting dinged and the ones who haven't heard anything are still safe. If anyone minds PMing me your numbers whether youre "ambiguous email" or "no email" Ill send mine back. We can try and gather some information of our own regarding these emails/lack of emails.


Agreed. The ambiguous email is seeming more and more like a "kindly fuck off" response to those that didn't get in.


Yea, I hate to say it guys. . . but I think these ambiguous emails are going to end in a rejection letter.

User avatar
mckeeper1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby mckeeper1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Albatross wrote:
motivation wrote:
Albatross wrote:I'm starting to think that us with the ambiguous emails might be getting dinged and the ones who haven't heard anything are still safe. If anyone minds PMing me your numbers whether youre "ambiguous email" or "no email" Ill send mine back. We can try and gather some information of our own regarding these emails/lack of emails.


Agreed. The ambiguous email is seeming more and more like a "kindly fuck off" response to those that didn't get in.


Yea, I hate to say it guys. . . but I think these ambiguous emails are going to end in a rejection letter.


I agree with that. Otherwise I do not see a point to the ambiguous emails as others are getting acceptance emails. Sad day. :?

ab633
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby ab633 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Has anyone else applied part time? Hear anything?

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Albatross » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:19 pm

I don't have time, but it would be interesting to see how Loyola sent out rejections and acceptances last cycle - especially regarding these ambiguous emails.

User avatar
emhellmer
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby emhellmer » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Last initial H as well. No e-mail of any kind, DR for days. I agree with the "ignoring the H applicants" hypothesis.

EK14
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby EK14 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:21 pm

They must have skipped over the "K" s as well. Maybe they are just calculating the massive scholorships they plan to give us. :lol:

User avatar
elegantmint
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby elegantmint » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Anyone else apply a bit late? I went complete on 12/20 or 12/21 I believe. Wonder when I'll hear something... feeling anxious!

User avatar
morganonthecoast
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:55 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby morganonthecoast » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:35 pm

EK14 wrote:They must have skipped over the "K" s as well. Maybe they are just calculating the massive scholorships they plan to give us. :lol:


I like this positive thinking! I'm going with that theory

ArghItsBlarg
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby ArghItsBlarg » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:37 pm

ab633 wrote:Has anyone else applied part time? Hear anything?


I applied PT evening and was accepted.

Marquito38
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Marquito38 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:40 pm

In at Loyola! 166/3.9, went complete 11/28

last name S




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”