Loyola Chicago

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Birdlaw
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Birdlaw » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Capitol A wrote:
mandaleni23 wrote:
TurkeyDay wrote:Do you think some of this could be alphabetical? This seems strange...


That would be comforting.

Seems like a logical, if uncommon way of doing things. Certainly possible since my last name starts with S and my status didn't change until quite a bit later than a lot of others on 1/3.


+1, my last name starts with R. I was after everyone as well.

Scottie88
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:55 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Scottie88 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:05 pm

So is the general opinion that the emails not mentioning an acceptance are either rejections or WL?

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Scottie88 wrote:So is the general opinion that the emails not mentioning an acceptance are either rejections or WL?

I was questioning that possibility, but not suggesting it.

mandaleni23
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby mandaleni23 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:07 pm

Capitol A wrote:
mandaleni23 wrote:
TurkeyDay wrote:Do you think some of this could be alphabetical? This seems strange...


That would be comforting.

Seems like a logical, if uncommon way of doing things. Certainly possible since my last name starts with S and my status didn't change until quite a bit later than a lot of others on 1/3.


+1

gator6589
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby gator6589 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:11 pm

In via email...... my friend was notified of a decision but didn't say what it was either.... Out of curiosity what are your numbers for those receiving this email?

Mine were 159/3.5

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby TT09 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:13 pm

158/3.2

TurkeyDay
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:20 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby TurkeyDay » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:18 pm

gator6589 wrote:In via email...... my friend was notified of a decision but didn't say what it was either.... Out of curiosity what are your numbers for those receiving this email?

Mine were 159/3.5


What letter does your last name start with?

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:18 pm

This is certainly not the most ambiguous use of status checker that I have seen, but it's close.
Maybe instead of doing their admits first, followed by dings, followed by WL, they are just sending a huge batch of decisions all at once.

gator6589
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby gator6589 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:20 pm

TurkeyDay wrote:
gator6589 wrote:In via email...... my friend was notified of a decision but didn't say what it was either.... Out of curiosity what are your numbers for those receiving this email?

Mine were 159/3.5


What letter does your last name start with?



G

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Albatross » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:21 pm

I got the "decision will be mailed to you in two weeks" email as well... Hope this isn't a ding.

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Seems pretty late for these emails to still be coming. Isn't it 530 in Chicago?

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby TT09 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:32 pm

Capitol A wrote:Seems pretty late for these emails to still be coming. Isn't it 530 in Chicago?


No.

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Albatross » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:33 pm

Capitol A wrote:Seems pretty late for these emails to still be coming. Isn't it 530 in Chicago?


I've been doing stuff all day and didn't have time to check my email until a few minutes ago. I received the email at 2:18 Chicago time. And it's 4:30 Chicago time.

LAguy33
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby LAguy33 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:33 pm

Could be alphabetical, I heard around 2:00pm today and my last name is Ad-

ArghItsBlarg
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby ArghItsBlarg » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:35 pm

TT09 wrote:
lwf911 wrote:
Does your status checker say:

We are unable to provide decisions over the phone or via e-mail. You should receive a decision letter within the next month of a decision being made.


Yeah, I was under the impression that no one got acceptance e-mails...weird.

EDIT: Regardless, I was obviously wrong, lol. And, you have stellar numbers. CONGRATS!!!


Yup, status checker still says exactly what you wrote. I should point out that I applied to the part time program at Loyola, perhaps that makes a difference with regard to email notification /shrug.

User avatar
CSCS Trainer
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:37 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby CSCS Trainer » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Last name starts with M, and I received my email around 2:00 pm CST

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Albatross wrote:
Capitol A wrote:Seems pretty late for these emails to still be coming. Isn't it 530 in Chicago?


I've been doing stuff all day and didn't have time to check my email until a few minutes ago. I received the email at 2:18 Chicago time. And it's 4:30 Chicago time.

Oops. Good thing they don't test geography/math on the LSAT.
I sit in front of my computer 80% of the day, so I will know immediately if/when the email comes. You mean you don't just stare at email all day? Weird. You must have a life. :P

Philosopher1
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Philosopher1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:59 pm

I wrote recently on this thread, but it either didn't get published or I'm just not finding it! Recently accepted via e-mail :) And good luck to those still waiting to find out.

All right ... if it comes down to Kent v. Loyola (and so far I'd like to do litigation and become a trial lawyer, hopefully as a criminal defense attorney), which of the two would you choose? Or, which school do you feel is the best choice in general? THANKS

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:20 pm

Philosopher1 wrote:I wrote recently on this thread, but it either didn't get published or I'm just not finding it! Recently accepted via e-mail :) And good luck to those still waiting to find out.

All right ... if it comes down to Kent v. Loyola (and so far I'd like to do litigation and become a trial lawyer, hopefully as a criminal defense attorney), which of the two would you choose? Or, which school do you feel is the best choice in general? THANKS

Have you visited both campuses? I visited Loyola, and the place is gorgeous. Obviously not a typical college campus environment, but it's very professional, and everything is top of the line.
Loyola has an AMAZING mock trial team that commonly finishes toward the top of the national championships.
I know nothing about Kent, but I got a great feeling from Loyola. I would reccomend a visit.

dmgreen86
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby dmgreen86 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:55 pm

I'm in! I'm in! :lol: Now I have to choose b/w DePaul, Kent and Loyola. I need HELP!

And a big congrats to everyone else who's in!

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby jetergrl2ss » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Wah still no email

User avatar
Spack
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Spack » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:09 pm

FML. This is the fourth school where I am STILL under review after going complete in mid-November. Wahhhhhh :x

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:12 pm

dmgreen86 wrote:I'm in! I'm in! :lol: Now I have to choose b/w DePaul, Kent and Loyola. I need HELP!

And a big congrats to everyone else who's in!

Read my previous post. I think Loyola is awesome. I'm in at a t30 school with $ and this is going to be a tough decision.

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:12 pm

jetergrl2ss wrote:Wah still no email

+1. Again I say, odd.

mandaleni23
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby mandaleni23 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:20 pm

Capitol A wrote:
jetergrl2ss wrote:Wah still no email

+1. Again I say, odd.


+1! I can't believe it!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”