Loyola Chicago

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Scottie88
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:55 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Scottie88 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Just got an email saying a decision had been made on my application and will be sent within the next two weeks. Judging that they are announcing acceptances in emails I dont think I made it. any thoughts? :(

User avatar
CSCS Trainer
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:37 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby CSCS Trainer » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:23 pm

I just received an email too - "Please be advised that a decision has been made on your J.D. application to Loyola University Chicago School of Law. A decision letter will be sent to your mailing address, as listed on your application, during the next two weeks... We apologize that we cannot provide more information to you at this time, but wanted you to know that the letter is forthcoming."

I'll assume this is a rejection considering ArghItsBlarg received an acceptance via email.

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby TT09 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:26 pm

CSCS Trainer wrote:I just received an email too - "Please be advised that a decision has been made on your J.D. application to Loyola University Chicago School of Law. A decision letter will be sent to your mailing address, as listed on your application, during the next two weeks... We apologize that we cannot provide more information to you at this time, but wanted you to know that the letter is forthcoming."

I'll assume this is a rejection considering ArghItsBlarg received an acceptance via email.


Yeah, I got this as well...uh-oh.

lwf911
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:56 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby lwf911 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:28 pm

In via e-mail too!

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:29 pm

bhcm wrote:Just received an e-mail from Loyola Chicago:

January 5, 2011

Dear candidate:

Please be advised that a decision has been made on your J.D. application to Loyola University Chicago School of Law. A decision letter will be sent to your mailing address, as listed on your application, during the next two weeks. Due to volume, we are unable to change the address location. We apologize that we cannot provide more information to you at this time, but wanted you to know that the letter is forthcoming.

Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago School of Law.

Sincerely,

Law Admission Staff
Loyola University Chicago
School of Law

What is that supposed to mean? This makes it sound like they are going to reject you, but based on your numbers I would think you're an auto admit. What are you thinking?

mandaleni23
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby mandaleni23 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:31 pm

My status is updated and so far I haven't gotten an email at all...wonder what that means. :?

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby TT09 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:31 pm

Capitol A wrote:
bhcm wrote:Just received an e-mail from Loyola Chicago:

January 5, 2011

Dear candidate:

Please be advised that a decision has been made on your J.D. application to Loyola University Chicago School of Law. A decision letter will be sent to your mailing address, as listed on your application, during the next two weeks. Due to volume, we are unable to change the address location. We apologize that we cannot provide more information to you at this time, but wanted you to know that the letter is forthcoming.

Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago School of Law.

Sincerely,

Law Admission Staff
Loyola University Chicago
School of Law

What is that supposed to mean? This makes it sound like they are going to reject you, but based on your numbers I would think you're an auto admit. What are you thinking?



Loyola doesn't YP, do they?

bhcm
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:51 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby bhcm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:36 pm

Capitol A wrote:
bhcm wrote:Just received an e-mail from Loyola Chicago:

January 5, 2011

Dear candidate:

Please be advised that a decision has been made on your J.D. application to Loyola University Chicago School of Law. A decision letter will be sent to your mailing address, as listed on your application, during the next two weeks. Due to volume, we are unable to change the address location. We apologize that we cannot provide more information to you at this time, but wanted you to know that the letter is forthcoming.

Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago School of Law.

Sincerely,

Law Admission Staff
Loyola University Chicago
School of Law

What is that supposed to mean? This makes it sound like they are going to reject you, but based on your numbers I would think you're an auto admit. What are you thinking?


I have no idea, maybe some sort of URM YP although I thought Loyola Chicago didn't do that? I'm assuming WL, LC was one of my safeties too considering I've already gotten in to Illinois and WUSTL :) No worries here.

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby TT09 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:36 pm

You have absolutely no business getting WL'ed though from here. Would be ridiculous if you did.

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:40 pm

TT09 wrote:
Capitol A wrote:
bhcm wrote:Just received an e-mail from Loyola Chicago:

January 5, 2011

Dear candidate:

Please be advised that a decision has been made on your J.D. application to Loyola University Chicago School of Law. A decision letter will be sent to your mailing address, as listed on your application, during the next two weeks. Due to volume, we are unable to change the address location. We apologize that we cannot provide more information to you at this time, but wanted you to know that the letter is forthcoming.

Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago School of Law.

Sincerely,

Law Admission Staff
Loyola University Chicago
School of Law

What is that supposed to mean? This makes it sound like they are going to reject you, but based on your numbers I would think you're an auto admit. What are you thinking?



Loyola doesn't YP, do they?

I'm sure every school YPs in some way or another, but a previous contributor to this thread got an admit email with a 173. This is what made me wonder what the email quoted above is all about.
My status changed to "Decision made 1/3" very late on 1/3, so I am anxiously awaiting getting a positive email, but again, the message quoted above makes me a bit uneasy. I really hate to be discouraging to 'bhcm' but this email is incredibly ambiguous, don't you think?

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby TT09 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:41 pm

I would say so, yes. Either way, I suppose all we can do is just wait now.

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:42 pm

bhcm wrote:
Capitol A wrote:
bhcm wrote:Just received an e-mail from Loyola Chicago:

January 5, 2011

Dear candidate:

Please be advised that a decision has been made on your J.D. application to Loyola University Chicago School of Law. A decision letter will be sent to your mailing address, as listed on your application, during the next two weeks. Due to volume, we are unable to change the address location. We apologize that we cannot provide more information to you at this time, but wanted you to know that the letter is forthcoming.

Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago School of Law.

Sincerely,

Law Admission Staff
Loyola University Chicago
School of Law

What is that supposed to mean? This makes it sound like they are going to reject you, but based on your numbers I would think you're an auto admit. What are you thinking?


I have no idea, maybe some sort of URM YP although I thought Loyola Chicago didn't do that? I'm assuming WL, LC was one of my safeties too considering I've already gotten in to Illinois and WUSTL :) No worries here.

Did you write a "why Loyola" essay? The previous person to say they were in with a 170+ lives in Chicago, and applied only to Chicagoland schools, except 1. I supposed YP is a compliment to some extent...Particularly if you've already got some strong admits in the bag.

bhcm
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:51 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby bhcm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm sure every school YPs in some way or another, but a previous contributor to this thread got an admit email with a 173. This is what made me wonder what the email quoted above is all about.
My status changed to "Decision made 1/3" very late on 1/3, so I am anxiously awaiting getting a positive email, but again, the message quoted above makes me a bit uneasy. I really hate to be discouraging to 'bhcm' but this email is incredibly ambiguous, don't you think?


Yeah, I understand your rationale on the ambiguity of the e-mail because I thought the same exact thing. Other TLSers quoted the same e-mail I got after I posted it....it's legit.

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:07 pm

bhcm wrote:
I'm sure every school YPs in some way or another, but a previous contributor to this thread got an admit email with a 173. This is what made me wonder what the email quoted above is all about.
My status changed to "Decision made 1/3" very late on 1/3, so I am anxiously awaiting getting a positive email, but again, the message quoted above makes me a bit uneasy. I really hate to be discouraging to 'bhcm' but this email is incredibly ambiguous, don't you think?


Yeah, I understand your rationale on the ambiguity of the e-mail because I thought the same exact thing. Other TLSers quoted the same e-mail I got after I posted it....it's legit.

I didn't mean to sound like I didn't think it was legit. I just think it's a weird thing for them to send. If they[re admitting you, you'd think it would just say that, and that it wouldn't say, "thank you for your interest." Of course, I'm probably reading way too much into this...but this is still strange. It will be interesting to see what the letter says that you get in the mail.

LAguy33
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby LAguy33 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Just received an e-mail today saying that I have been accepted. My application status checker changed to "Decision made" on January 2, but I didn't receive an e-mail until now saying I was accepted. Pretty excited but waiting to hear from SMU and Tulane

3.3 and 161, non URM, strong softs

mandaleni23
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby mandaleni23 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Maybe (and this is pure speculation) Loyola is sending acceptance emails to those who are well above the medians since they're so late getting decisions out. I'll bet they're trying to snag some people before they lose interest in LUC and decide to go elsewhere. I'm a splitter, but I can't believe that I'm an auto-reject. This scenario makes me feel better...

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby TT09 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:26 pm

mandaleni23 wrote:Maybe (and this is pure speculation) Loyola is sending acceptance emails to those who are well above the medians since they're so late getting decisions out. I'll bet they're trying to snag some people before they lose interest in LUC and decide to go elsewhere. I'm a splitter, but I can't believe that I'm an auto-reject. This scenario makes me feel better...


This is what I'm starting to think. At least this is what I want to think, lol.

mandaleni23
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby mandaleni23 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:30 pm

TT09 wrote:
mandaleni23 wrote:Maybe (and this is pure speculation) Loyola is sending acceptance emails to those who are well above the medians since they're so late getting decisions out. I'll bet they're trying to snag some people before they lose interest in LUC and decide to go elsewhere. I'm a splitter, but I can't believe that I'm an auto-reject. This scenario makes me feel better...


This is what I'm starting to think. At least this is what I want to think, lol.


At least you got an email! I've gotten nothing so far... :( (I don't mean to be whiny, but I feel pretty whiny right now!)

User avatar
rockyIV
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:12 am

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby rockyIV » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:33 pm

Got an email saying I was accepted today around 2:30, a decision was made on 01/03 but just got the actual acceptance email notification. 162 and 3.5, good luck everyone

mandaleni23
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby mandaleni23 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:34 pm

To those of you who got the ambiguous email, did your "Mailings" update (from the status checker) to reflect it being sent?

Just curious.

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:34 pm

mandaleni23 wrote:
TT09 wrote:
mandaleni23 wrote:Maybe (and this is pure speculation) Loyola is sending acceptance emails to those who are well above the medians since they're so late getting decisions out. I'll bet they're trying to snag some people before they lose interest in LUC and decide to go elsewhere. I'm a splitter, but I can't believe that I'm an auto-reject. This scenario makes me feel better...


This is what I'm starting to think. At least this is what I want to think, lol.


At least you got an email! I've gotten nothing so far... :( (I don't mean to be whiny, but I feel pretty whiny right now!)

+1. Even though I'm THIS close to committing to another school.

mandaleni23
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby mandaleni23 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:36 pm

Capitol A wrote:
mandaleni23 wrote:
TT09 wrote:
mandaleni23 wrote:Maybe (and this is pure speculation) Loyola is sending acceptance emails to those who are well above the medians since they're so late getting decisions out. I'll bet they're trying to snag some people before they lose interest in LUC and decide to go elsewhere. I'm a splitter, but I can't believe that I'm an auto-reject. This scenario makes me feel better...


This is what I'm starting to think. At least this is what I want to think, lol.


At least you got an email! I've gotten nothing so far... :( (I don't mean to be whiny, but I feel pretty whiny right now!)

+1. Even though I'm THIS close to committing to another school.


Ahhh some support for my theory!

TurkeyDay
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:20 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby TurkeyDay » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Do you think some of this could be alphabetical? This seems strange...

mandaleni23
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby mandaleni23 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:47 pm

TurkeyDay wrote:Do you think some of this could be alphabetical? This seems strange...


That would be comforting.

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Loyola Chicago

Postby Capitol A » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:55 pm

mandaleni23 wrote:
TurkeyDay wrote:Do you think some of this could be alphabetical? This seems strange...


That would be comforting.

Seems like a logical, if uncommon way of doing things. Certainly possible since my last name starts with S and my status didn't change until quite a bit later than a lot of others on 1/3.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], fattsdomino, joezze, lillawyer2 and 6 guests