Loyola Chicago Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ddawg819

New

Re: Loyola Chicago

Post by ddawg819 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:40 pm

lsatextreme wrote:
ash8309 wrote:Just got a mass email at 1:10pm today saying I was in. Status update on 2/1 said "Decision Made." Email also said, "We will begin awarding merit scholarships in February, and individuals will be notified separately."
welp that's just about the nail in the coffin for me
Doesn't look good for me either. I find it funny that on their status check website it says "Please note: We are unable to provide decisions over the phone or via e-mail."

ashrh01

New

Post by ashrh01 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:41 pm

accepted via email this afternoon. Submitted 1/20, complete 1/25, decision 2/1. I'm pretty excited, this is one of my top choices! Congrats to everyone else who is in and good luck to those still waiting.

lolschool2011

Bronze

Post by lolschool2011 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:43 pm

ddawg819 wrote:
lsatextreme wrote:
ash8309 wrote:Just got a mass email at 1:10pm today saying I was in. Status update on 2/1 said "Decision Made." Email also said, "We will begin awarding merit scholarships in February, and individuals will be notified separately."
Doesn't look good for me either. I find it funny that on their status check website it says "Please note: We are unable to provide decisions over the phone or via e-mail."
Come on future LS students.... "unable to provide decisions over the phone or via e-mail" refers to if you attempted to email or call them inquiring about the decision. This doesn't preclude them from sending decisions whenever and however they'd like.

lsatextreme

Silver

Post by lsatextreme » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:08 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:
ddawg819 wrote:
lsatextreme wrote:
Come on future LS students.... "unable to provide decisions over the phone or via e-mail" refers to if you attempted to email or call them inquiring about the decision. This doesn't preclude them from sending decisions whenever and however they'd like.
well after knowing that they are indeed sending out acceptances via e-mail then that might be what you can deduce as a result, but before that fact it can mean anything

legal10101

Bronze

Post by legal10101 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Has anyone received the dreadded email and then received a letter stating they were accepted into the 2nd or 3rd program choice (e.g. part time day or part time night)?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lolschool2011

Bronze

Post by lolschool2011 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:14 pm

legal10101 wrote:Has anyone received the dreadded email and then received a letter stating they were accepted into the 2nd or 3rd program choice (e.g. part time day or part time night)?
The email indicated which program I was admitted to.... first choice, PT evening.

Spack

Bronze

Post by Spack » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Does anyone know how much the tuition deposit is and when it's due? I've looked all over the place and can't find it listed on the website.

LaLeyDelMonte

New

Post by LaLeyDelMonte » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Spack wrote:Does anyone know how much the tuition deposit is and when it's due? I've looked all over the place and can't find it listed on the website.
I JUST finished writing them into my planner:
First deposit ($250) due: 4/15; second deposit ($500) due: 6/15.

Chicago-Kent has the same due dates/amounts.

Spack

Bronze

Post by Spack » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:52 pm

LaLeyDelMonte wrote:
Spack wrote:Does anyone know how much the tuition deposit is and when it's due? I've looked all over the place and can't find it listed on the website.
I JUST finished writing them into my planner:
First deposit ($250) due: 4/15; second deposit ($500) due: 6/15.

Chicago-Kent has the same due dates/amounts.
Thanks so much! I was going crazy looking around for it and the website doesn't say a thing about deposits.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bless

Silver

Post by Bless » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:55 pm

Received an e-mail confirming only that there was a decision made. Looks like I will be getting a WL or a rejection based on what I'm reading. :shock: :shock: I'm surprised, law school predictor has me as a strong consider.

Regardless, Loyola is at the bottom of my list (OOS tuition is a big factor). Congrats to all those accepted and best of luck to everyone else.

ddawg819

New

Post by ddawg819 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:46 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:
ddawg819 wrote:
lsatextreme wrote:
Well I guess placing someone on the WL can be considered as not having made a decision yet.

sbmr12

New

Post by sbmr12 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Does anyone know when the ASW is? I haven't gotten my packet in the mail yet. I'm assuming all the snow is slowing down mail delivery.

tenpenny3

New

Post by tenpenny3 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:20 pm

march 26th is one, I think the next one is april 9th

btw whats the quickest way to loyola from union station? or is that even feasible?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LaLeyDelMonte

New

Post by LaLeyDelMonte » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:31 pm

tenpenny3 wrote:march 26th is one, I think the next one is april 9th

btw whats the quickest way to loyola from union station? or is that even feasible?
There are a lot of express buses that start at Union Station and go east to Michigan Ave. You can get off at Chestnut and walk a block and a half west to Loyola's water tower campus/law school. Just make sure you get off at Chestnut or before Delaware, as a lot of the express buses get on Lake Shore Drive and you won't be able to get off for several miles north.

This should help (some express buses only run during certain times of the day, so make sure you enter the correct date/time):

http://tinyurl.com/4nzbx3d

EDIT: GRRRR, I can't seem to fix the link above. Anyway, replace Error with "tiny url" without the space in the above link.

lsatextreme

Silver

Post by lsatextreme » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:25 am

wow for those with recent decision mades: you guys notice they changed the decision letter window from two weeks to one month? I could swear it used to say within two weeks but I just checked and now it says within the next month.

might as well not even expect it anytime soon

ashle484

New

Post by ashle484 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:00 pm

I think its always said a month on the status checker email and two weeks on the email

aknecht

Bronze

Post by aknecht » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:39 pm

in to LUC as of 3 weeks ago with 161 and 3.2 numbers. accepted to the comparable schools in Chi and Wisc. Helluva choice to make.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pauwelsd

New

Post by pauwelsd » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:16 pm

received my decision letter in the mail today. waitlist.

ashle484

New

Post by ashle484 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:55 pm

I hope i get the same, its better then being rejected!! but i live in california sooo im sure whatever my letter is will take longer ughh

beidoun

Bronze

Post by beidoun » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:21 pm

I hope their scholarship letters come out soon. I can't gauge my interest in them until I figure out the cost.

ashrh01

New

Post by ashrh01 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:15 pm

beidoun wrote:I hope their scholarship letters come out soon. I can't gauge my interest in them until I figure out the cost.
agreed. it looks like last year scholarships were already out by now and recipients were notified via email.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lolschool2011

Bronze

Post by lolschool2011 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:17 pm

ashrh01 wrote:
beidoun wrote:I hope their scholarship letters come out soon. I can't gauge my interest in them until I figure out the cost.
agreed. it looks like last year scholarships were already out by now and recipients were notified via email.
Really? Scholarship info was emailed as well? I got the email admit, then just got the package in the mail... but it indicated that scholarship info was going be sent at the end of Feb via snail mail.

ashrh01

New

Post by ashrh01 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:37 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:
ashrh01 wrote:
Really? Scholarship info was emailed as well? I got the email admit, then just got the package in the mail... but it indicated that scholarship info was going be sent at the end of Feb via snail mail.
yeah I was surprised they did scholly offers via email as well. I sort of hope it's still the case because then we'd find out sooner.

either way, I'm going to visit them next weekend to check out the school since I haven't been there yet. Then at least when I find out about scholarships I'll know if I want to go there or not.

lsatextreme

Silver

Post by lsatextreme » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:38 pm

ugh i'm hoping for a waitlist as well but it seems like a longshot. If Depaul accepted me and Kent deferred me, is there hope?

When is that damn letter arriving!!!!

mlbennani

New

Post by mlbennani » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:39 pm

Waitlisted via snail mail today!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”