Loyola Chicago Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lalalawya

Bronze

Re: Loyola Chicago

Post by lalalawya » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:38 pm

obrienfa wrote:According to LSN numbers from last year, we should be getting the first wave of acceptances at the end of next week or early the week after that.
Hopefully this is the case because if so, some of us will be hearing soon!

cartercl

Bronze

Post by cartercl » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:42 pm

lalalawya wrote:
obrienfa wrote:According to LSN numbers from last year, we should be getting the first wave of acceptances at the end of next week or early the week after that.
Hopefully this is the case because if so, some of us will be hearing soon!
I'm so ready!! Love this school!

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:19 am

Has anyone's status checker changed? Im still complete as of 10/15.

CSCS Trainer

New

Post by CSCS Trainer » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:18 am

still complete

Spack

Bronze

Post by Spack » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:37 am

CSCS Trainer wrote:still complete
Same here since 11/10.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:51 pm

I just called and asked about when I should be expecting a decision. They said they just started reviewing applications and we won't probably hear anything until the new year :/

mandaleni23

New

Post by mandaleni23 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Spack wrote:
CSCS Trainer wrote:still complete
Same here since 11/10.
+1 Since 10/15.

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:27 pm

obrienfa wrote:I just called and asked about when I should be expecting a decision. They said they just started reviewing applications and we won't probably hear anything until the new year :/
Its hard to know how accurate these predictions are. Another school I applied to insists that they do not employ rolling admissions, and that the majority of applicants will get a decision in march. I was admitted to that school on 11/18, along with quite a few other TLS users. I think the schools predict sending their decisions in the distant future so people don't pester them or complain when they don't hear back by some arbitrary date.

cccZillo

New

Post by cccZillo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:31 pm

With DePaul's admissions well under way and Kent getting the ball rolling this week, I expect to see this thread start to grow as focus turns to Loyola.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Greg2011

New

Post by Greg2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Capitol A wrote:
obrienfa wrote:I just called and asked about when I should be expecting a decision. They said they just started reviewing applications and we won't probably hear anything until the new year :/
Its hard to know how accurate these predictions are. Another school I applied to insists that they do not employ rolling admissions, and that the majority of applicants will get a decision in march. I was admitted to that school on 11/18, along with quite a few other TLS users. I think the schools predict sending their decisions in the distant future so people don't pester them or complain when they don't hear back by some arbitrary date.
It isn't as if the person who answers the phone knows if you are an auto-admit, auto-reject, wait and see, or waitlist when you call and ask when people should hear. I'm sure they don't want to tell someone that the "easy decisions" will be admitted or dinged in a week, but you might have to wait until much later. They just tell everyone that it will be a while.

One school told me it would be 6-8 weeks and I heard in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm not saying Loyola will definitely start deciding next week, but I wouldn't be surprised if they send out a batch before the holiday break.

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Greg2011 wrote:
Capitol A wrote:
It isn't as if the person who answers the phone knows if you are an auto-admit, auto-reject, wait and see, or waitlist when you call and ask when people should hear. I'm sure they don't want to tell someone that the "easy decisions" will be admitted or dinged in a week, but you might have to wait until much later. They just tell everyone that it will be a while.
One school told me it would be 6-8 weeks and I heard in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm not saying Loyola will definitely start deciding next week, but I wouldn't be surprised if they send out a batch before the holiday break.
Agreed.

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Capitol A wrote:
The lady I talked to said they just started reviewing applications this week. Maybe they can get a wave of decisions out before the holidays but I am writing them off till 2011

Scottie88

Bronze

Post by Scottie88 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:54 pm

Still application complete! Anyone know if your status changes to in review before this issue decisions? Seems as though this time last year people were already being notified.. but they are behind in reviewing apps... hope something comes up soon!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

amg131s

New

Post by amg131s » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:33 pm

not a single person has yet heard from loyola... i'm expecting my decision right before the break, so middle of next week.

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Seems like they are pretty different from year to year. Im still at complete on 10/15.

amg131s

New

Post by amg131s » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:57 pm

complete as well.

mckeeper1

New

Post by mckeeper1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Complete as of 10/13. Patience is a virtue...

I am not sure how I feel about the top of the status checker saying "Congratulations! You're file is complete...." I get way too excited each time I log in thinking it says, "Congratulations, you have been accepted"!!
Last edited by mckeeper1 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lalalawya

Bronze

Post by lalalawya » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:32 pm

mckeeper1 wrote:Complete as of 10/13. Patience is a virtue...

I am not sure how I feel about the top of the status checker saying "Congratulations! You're file is complete...." I get way to excited each time I log in thinking it says, "Congratulations, you have been accepted"!!
Hahah, I do too! Jeez LUC, such a tease.

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:34 pm

I am not sure how I feel about the top of the status checker saying "Congratulations! You're file is complete...." I get way to excited each time I log in thinking it says, "Congratulations, you have been accepted"!!
+1. I don't need to be congratulated for going complete. Congratulate me with a scholarship.

mckeeper1

New

Post by mckeeper1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:38 pm

Capitol A wrote:

+1. I don't need to be congratulated for going complete. Congratulate me with a scholarship.
HA! Completely agree with that.

surfparks6

New

Post by surfparks6 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:07 pm

I've been complete since the end of November... This was one of my last schools I applied too but, it would be great to gain acceptance. From reading the forum, it appears that most feel 2011 is when we'll hear back on the decision. Good Luck Everyone!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NicRen

New

Post by NicRen » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:09 pm

Anybody else unable to use the status checker at all right now?

Hoping against all rational thought that this is somehow a good thing.

TT09

Bronze

Post by TT09 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:10 pm

NicRen wrote:Anybody else unable to use the status checker at all right now?

I can use mine...

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:59 pm

TT09 wrote:
NicRen wrote:Anybody else unable to use the status checker at all right now?

I can use mine...
+1.
Mine hasn't changed since 10/13

mandaleni23

New

Post by mandaleni23 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Mine still hasn't changed either. Complete 10/15.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”