Tulane 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Barbie

Gold

Re: Tulane 2011

Post by Barbie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:52 pm

Spookyghost wrote:Yeesh, they're either YPing severely or they're simply full.

I would bet the former over the latter.
Considering my email yest it seems they aren't full... nor out of $$. I don't know why they would YP a 166 though! I don't much know Tulane's medians, but that doesn't seem too far out of range to me...

Spookyghost

Bronze

Post by Spookyghost » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:08 pm

Barbie wrote:

Considering my email yest it seems they aren't full... nor out of $$. I don't know why they would YP a 166 though! I don't much know Tulane's medians, but that doesn't seem too far out of range to me...
No, it doesnt. the only other thing I could think of is a massive focus on why tulane and ps, but I doubt that is it either

ebo

Bronze

Post by ebo » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Barbie wrote:

Looks like I've either been rejected or waitlisted with a 166 as well. Wasn't planning on attending Tulane, just perplexed by this.

rollgreenwave

New

Post by rollgreenwave » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:28 pm

Anyone else going to the ASW this week?

Spookyghost

Bronze

Post by Spookyghost » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:02 am

ebo wrote:
Barbie wrote:

Looks like I've either been rejected or waitlisted with a 166 as well. Wasn't planning on attending Tulane, just perplexed by this.
That seems very unlikely though. Doesn't make a lot of sense - maybe they changed their notification policies mid-cycle? I can't imagine you 166ers getting flat out dinged. If waitlisted, if you were to write a loci I would bet you'd be pulled right off - they probably expect you to go elsewhere. So strange.

But, from what I found earlier in this thread is that you get acceptance by e-mail and status checker pretty much simultaneously.

You get some congratulations at the top of the status checker according to some, and get an "acceptance packet mailed" in mailings. All wl/dings thus far seem to have been "Decision Letter mailed" as opposed to this, but maybe, as I said, they have changed policy through the cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

casterfield

Bronze

Post by casterfield » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:35 am

Flying to New Orleans in a few hours. See some of you at the ASW!

jackattack17

Bronze

Post by jackattack17 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:20 am

casterfield wrote:Flying to New Orleans in a few hours. See some of you at the ASW!
+1, see y'all there. anyone know if there's any scholarship money left?

Spookyghost

Bronze

Post by Spookyghost » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:50 am

jackattack17 wrote:
casterfield wrote:Flying to New Orleans in a few hours. See some of you at the ASW!
+1, see y'all there. anyone know if there's any scholarship money left?
Barbie wrote:Completely forgot ab Tulane since I turned my app in the first day and was just complete this entire time. Acceptance email today saying a packet is coming with a scholarship. I already seat deposited to another school though :( Too little, too late Tulane!
^ this would suggest that there is indeed scholarship money left. And with the large amount of withdrawals probably coming in the next few days, I expect even more.

mcgillgrad10

New

Post by mcgillgrad10 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:55 pm

Waitlisted as of e-mail today. I had applied in NOVEMBER, Tulane was the one school I visited prior to applying, wrote a Why Tulane.

168/3.48

pretty shocked. but kinda laughing it off.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Spookyghost

Bronze

Post by Spookyghost » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:07 pm

Decision letter mailed. Ouch, looks like they dinged me.

Mr_Brightside

New

Post by Mr_Brightside » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:09 pm

STILL at complete 1/20. Don't know how I should feel about this. Sorry to those seemingly WL/Dinged today. Spooky, I was holding out hope with you.

AdlTX4

New

Post by AdlTX4 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:30 pm

Also still at complete 1/20. Applied 12/8. What's going on w them?

Mr_Brightside

New

Post by Mr_Brightside » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Just sent in an updated resume. I'm throwing everything at them, hoping that something sticks

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

alexonfyre

Bronze

Post by alexonfyre » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:50 pm

Barbie wrote:

They aren't full, heard from the dean two days ago (in an embarrassing manner) that they are still rolling. Dunno about money though. High numbers probably getting YP'd though.

legalprincess

New

Post by legalprincess » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:09 pm

WL via e-mail this afternoon.
Oh well, I couldn't have justified the expense of Tulane, anyway.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:01 pm

I haven't been following the thread at all because I kind of assumed Tulane dinged me a long time ago-- but what a sweet freakin tote! Whats considered a decent scholarship amount?

edit: some questions because I'm too busy to troll the entire thread. Do they give travel stipends? I need someone to tell me about NOLA because.. I know nothing and have almost no time to decide! AHhh

RaspberryBeret

New

Post by RaspberryBeret » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Barbie wrote:I haven't been following the thread at all because I kind of assumed Tulane dinged me a long time ago-- but what a sweet freakin tote! Whats considered a decent scholarship amount?

edit: some questions because I'm too busy to troll the entire thread. Do they give travel stipends? I need someone to tell me about NOLA because.. I know nothing and have almost no time to decide! AHhh

I dont believe they give travel stipends.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Brews_7

New

Post by Brews_7 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Applied 3/7 (Feb. LSAT) Accepted 3/29 w/ $20,000 scholly... I'll see you all in New Orleans in August 8)

rew0002

New

Post by rew0002 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:27 pm

For those of you who just got accepted, Congrats! I actually came down to New Orleans this weekend for ASW, and I’ve really fallen in love with the school. I also received a $20,000 a year scholly so I am about 90% sure I will be attending in the fall. The city of NO is awesome, I really suggest checking it out if you get the chance. I have overall been very impressed by Tulane this weekend.

buchy2009

Bronze

Post by buchy2009 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:13 pm

rew0002 wrote:For those of you who just got accepted, Congrats! I actually came down to New Orleans this weekend for ASW, and I’ve really fallen in love with the school. I also received a $20,000 a year scholly so I am about 90% sure I will be attending in the fall. The city of NO is awesome, I really suggest checking it out if you get the chance. I have overall been very impressed by Tulane this weekend.
+1

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:48 pm

I haven't officially withdrawn yet, and admissions just e-mailed me saying a professor that I wrote about in my 'why Tulane' essay will be in my city and offered for me to meet with him if I'm interested. I won't be able to go, but I'm really impressed that Tulane remembered that I admire him, and was nice enough to see if I wanted to meet him. Every time I'm sure I won't attend Tulane, they do something pretty awesome.. I hate making decisions.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:05 am

I'm trying to schedule a last minute visit. I have SO many questions and so much to learn in... a week or two. Anyone else who just got accepted know when our seat deposits are due?

arvcondor

Bronze

Post by arvcondor » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:17 am

Barbie wrote:I'm trying to schedule a last minute visit. I have SO many questions and so much to learn in... a week or two. Anyone else who just got accepted know when our seat deposits are due?
For me, the first deposit is due April 15, but the directions tell you to refer to the "date in your acceptance letter." Not sure if it's different for everyone.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:52 am

arvcondor wrote:
Barbie wrote:I'm trying to schedule a last minute visit. I have SO many questions and so much to learn in... a week or two. Anyone else who just got accepted know when our seat deposits are due?
For me, the first deposit is due April 15, but the directions tell you to refer to the "date in your acceptance letter." Not sure if it's different for everyone.
Ironically mine didn't have one. I called and they said they would call me back with one but I haven't gotten one lol.

Anyway, some basic questions:
1. Tulane's curve?
2. One of the main reasons I would choose Tulane over UF (where I'm deposited at now) is because I hear there is a better job market for my husband. He has a business degree and will be supporting us both through LS. Gainesville offers him very little-- anyone have any insight into what New Orleans offers in terms of job prospects for his kind?
3. Cheap hotels? :)
4. Anything stick out to any of you during your visit that really made you choose Tulane over similar schools (like, UF :lol: )

mcubberly

Bronze

Post by mcubberly » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:03 pm

Barbie wrote:
arvcondor wrote:
Ironically mine didn't have one. I called and they said they would call me back with one but I haven't gotten one lol.

Anyway, some basic questions:
1. Tulane's curve?
2. One of the main reasons I would choose Tulane over UF (where I'm deposited at now) is because I hear there is a better job market for my husband. He has a business degree and will be supporting us both through LS. Gainesville offers him very little-- anyone have any insight into what New Orleans offers in terms of job prospects for his kind?
3. Cheap hotels? :)
4. Anything stick out to any of you during your visit that really made you choose Tulane over similar schools (like, UF :lol: )
You might wanna ask if the law school can put you in touch with anyone at the business school (right next to the law school) to talk about MBA jobs (if that's what he has, and if not general business stuff in NOLA). I know there are a lot of opportunities here, but not specifics. There is a lot of business here, and it's a really interesting place to be.

Around campus there aren't too many hotels, but Tulane is really accessible by the St. Charles streetcar. Staying somewhere on St. Charles or even downtown would be an easy ride to Tulane.

When I visited, I liked the atmosphere of Tulane's law school (and undergrad campus, which led me to come here). It seems more laid-back, and all the law students I've talked to (I fix laptops at Tulane, so when I'm fixing their laptops) seem really happy, and all have encouraged me to go to Tulane.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”