Tulane 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
txag10
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby txag10 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:50 pm

Tulane can get you a job in pretty much any city in the Southeast, including Dallas/Ft. Worth. Its as prestigious as SMU, but in NOLA and with less cokehead undergrads.

rollgreenwave
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby rollgreenwave » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Very true about U of H. As a native Houstonian who would like to eventually move back and work there, I cannot bring myself to spend three years in that god-awful building.

I like the older buildings on Tulane's campus as well. That being said...

The law school is a newer design (they said it was built in the 90's) and giant (in my opinion). The library itself was 4 or 5 floors. While I agree it would have been nice to have stuck with the older-styled buildings, it is still a very nice building with pretty cool features. There are a ton of windows letting in natural light everywhere, and the professors offices are scattered throughout the building at the end of student lockers. They said this encouraged their interaction with students, since other schools have wings or floors dedicated to professors' office space, allowing them to distance themselves.

Maybe I am biased because I love that school and city, but I think everyone should definitely visit before making a decision against Tulane.

User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby francisConn » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:36 pm

rollgreenwave wrote:Very true about U of H. As a native Houstonian who would like to eventually move back and work there, I cannot bring myself to spend three years in that god-awful building.

I like the older buildings on Tulane's campus as well. That being said...

The law school is a newer design (they said it was built in the 90's) and giant (in my opinion). The library itself was 4 or 5 floors. While I agree it would have been nice to have stuck with the older-styled buildings, it is still a very nice building with pretty cool features. There are a ton of windows letting in natural light everywhere, and the professors offices are scattered throughout the building at the end of student lockers. They said this encouraged their interaction with students, since other schools have wings or floors dedicated to professors' office space, allowing them to distance themselves.

Maybe I am biased because I love that school and city, but I think everyone should definitely visit before making a decision against Tulane.


I especially like the bits I bolded.

User avatar
ebo
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby ebo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:39 pm

txag10 wrote:Tulane can get you a job in pretty much any city in the Southeast, including Dallas/Ft. Worth. Its as prestigious as SMU, but in NOLA and with less cokehead undergrads.

Take this with a grain of salt as its coming from a 0L, but everything I've heard suggests SMU is a significantly better choice if you want to be in Dallas than Tulane

Aqualibrium
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Aqualibrium » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:41 pm

ebo wrote:
txag10 wrote:Tulane can get you a job in pretty much any city in the Southeast, including Dallas/Ft. Worth. Its as prestigious as SMU, but in NOLA and with less cokehead undergrads.

Take this with a grain of salt as its coming from a 0L, but everything I've heard suggests SMU is a significantly better choice if you want to be in Dallas than Tulane



Agreed. Unless Tulane is significantly cheaper (which i doubt), SMU is ALWAYS the better bet of the two for Dallas. The fact that UT is an option for longhorn makes this a moot point though. Go to UT.

Bulls
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:16 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Bulls » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:41 pm

In!

User avatar
LttleBlakDress
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby LttleBlakDress » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:44 pm

Bulls wrote:In!

Congrats! When did you apply?

Bulls
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:16 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Bulls » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:31 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:
Bulls wrote:In!

Congrats! When did you apply?

Thank you, I applied Thanksgiving weekend. I called the office and found out about a nice 15k per year scholarship too!

1abc23
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby 1abc23 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:35 am

Bulls wrote:
LttleBlakDress wrote:
Bulls wrote:In!

Congrats! When did you apply?

Thank you, I applied Thanksgiving weekend. I called the office and found out about a nice 15k per year scholarship too!


If you don't mind, what are your numbers?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby ilovesf » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:29 pm

Just bought my plane ticket! I'll be in NO from March 14 - 21, attending the ASW March 18-19. Who else is going to be there?

jamie9248922
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby jamie9248922 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:34 pm

Hey guys....I haven't really been keeping up with my status checkers until I got into these forums. My status checker says "file complete" and lists the status date as 1/20. So, what does that mean exactly? Thanks for the help.

txag10
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby txag10 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:19 pm

Those who have heard from Tulane, were you emailed, status update, or mail?

User avatar
Murray
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Murray » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:21 pm

Status Checker changed to 'Decision Made 1/31/2011' with 'Decision Letter Mailed' under mailings. No email. Is this a bad sign?

txag10
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby txag10 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:25 pm

Murray wrote:Status Checker changed to 'Decision Made 1/31/2011' with 'Decision Letter Mailed' under mailings. No email. Is this a bad sign?


+1. Reading on LSN, most accepted had emails. There is no seat deposits listed, and no email as of now so for me at least, bad news.

gator6589
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby gator6589 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:26 pm

Murray wrote:Status Checker changed to 'Decision Made 1/31/2011' with 'Decision Letter Mailed' under mailings. No email. Is this a bad sign?

+1

mcgillgrad10
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:30 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby mcgillgrad10 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:26 pm

I have seat deposits listed but am still "File Complete" as of 1/20/11...

deliriousxix
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby deliriousxix » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:34 pm

If you have that message, did your status update at any point? my status updated a week and a half ago but I don't have a message yet.

txag10
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby txag10 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:36 pm

deliriousxix wrote:If you have that message, did your status update at any point? my status updated a week and a half ago but I don't have a message yet.


Mine updated on the 21(?) from file complete in november to file complete 1/21, if that is what you are asking.

deliriousxix
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby deliriousxix » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:41 pm

txag10 wrote:
deliriousxix wrote:If you have that message, did your status update at any point? my status updated a week and a half ago but I don't have a message yet.


Mine updated on the 21(?) from file complete in november to file complete 1/21, if that is what you are asking.


Ok. Mine updated the 20th.. so I probably, hopefully will be getting a decision soon. Good luck.

User avatar
mez06
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby mez06 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:50 pm

txag10 wrote:Those who have heard from Tulane, were you emailed, status update, or mail?


I was emailed. In in talking about prospects from Tulane versus a tx school...check NALP to see what employers came. You'd be surprised...

User avatar
plt06
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:44 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby plt06 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:18 pm

Still waiting.... File complete 10/13. Wake Forest's $ offer looks better every day...

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby mss455 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:25 pm

Tulane:

Answer me nowwww - was Complete 11/15/2010 ... now complete 15/01/2011.

And then nothingggg !!!!!

rollgreenwave
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby rollgreenwave » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:01 am

I have officially withdrawn from all other schools and will be sending in my deposit this week! Anyone else waiting for someone to start a "Tulane Class of 2014" group on Facebook?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby ilovesf » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:30 am

rollgreenwave wrote:I have officially withdrawn from all other schools and will be sending in my deposit this week! Anyone else waiting for someone to start a "Tulane Class of 2014" group on Facebook?


Ohh that is exciting! Congrats on making your decision!

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby ilovesf » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Tulane is stepping up their game! I just got an e-mail from a professor of Int'l Law, he even gave me his phone number asking me to call him if I had any questions. Even though I am sure he is e-mailing tons of students, it is a nice touch! Anyone else get this e-mail? Are you going to ask any questions, and if so, what are you going to ask?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: luckydayahead, Pomegranate27, Rich Uncle Skeleton and 14 guests