Tulane 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mcnabb5
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:47 am

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby mcnabb5 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:35 am

Went complete 11/16...still no word. Some on LSN with similar complete dates have already received acceptances. Should I be worried?

2011applicant88
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby 2011applicant88 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:38 am

I went complete 11/22 and still have no word--if that's any consolation.

WashingtonJew
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby WashingtonJew » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:40 am

I don't think it's any sign of worry - I got in yesterday after being frustrated for two straight months after going complete on 11/8. Their admissions office is just not as transparent as others but I wouldnt take it as a bad sign at all.

2011applicant88
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby 2011applicant88 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:48 am

I might remember wrong, but seem to recall an interview with some Tulane admission officer which said that if you submit by mid november, you can expect a response by mid December. Harrumph. I guess in previous years they had a hard time estimaing the number of applicants who would accept their offer... This year they must have wanted to see what kind of applicant pool they got after the January LSAT.

deliriousxix
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby deliriousxix » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:32 pm

my status updated to today's date.. did this happen to anybody else?? hopefully it's not a bad thing!

User avatar
ccoons24
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:55 am

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby ccoons24 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Looks like no love from Tulane for me. Status updated to "Decision has been made", but it just says "Decision letter" under Mailings, not acceptance packet. Ouch.

Mr_Brightside
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Mr_Brightside » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:50 pm

deliriousxix wrote:my status updated to today's date.. did this happen to anybody else?? hopefully it's not a bad thing!



+1. I called admissions to see what it all means, and they said that it just means it's moving through the admissions committee. Don't read too much in to it.

mcnabb5
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:47 am

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby mcnabb5 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:53 pm

When did you all go complete on the status checker? Mine still says file complete 11/22

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby ran12 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:54 pm

mcnabb5 wrote:When did you all go complete on the status checker? Mine still says file complete 11/22


I'm still complete 10/13. Hate waiting but was never intending to go to Tulane anyway so it doesn't matter too much.

deliriousxix
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby deliriousxix » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Mr_Brightside wrote:
deliriousxix wrote:my status updated to today's date.. did this happen to anybody else?? hopefully it's not a bad thing!



+1. I called admissions to see what it all means, and they said that it just means it's moving through the admissions committee. Don't read too much in to it.


Okay, thanks for doing that! whenever anything changes on any of my statuses I go into panic mode hahah ;)

Mr_Brightside
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Mr_Brightside » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:08 pm

deliriousxix wrote:
Mr_Brightside wrote:
deliriousxix wrote:my status updated to today's date.. did this happen to anybody else?? hopefully it's not a bad thing!



+1. I called admissions to see what it all means, and they said that it just means it's moving through the admissions committee. Don't read too much in to it.


Okay, thanks for doing that! whenever anything changes on any of my statuses I go into panic mode hahah ;)


+1 for sure

Mr_Brightside
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Mr_Brightside » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:00 pm

So for everyone who has a decision, how long did it take from the second complete date until your status went to decision rendered? I was complete 12/9, now complete 1/20.

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby mss455 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Mr_Brightside wrote:So for everyone who has a decision, how long did it take from the second complete date until your status went to decision rendered? I was complete 12/9, now complete 1/20.


I was complete 11/15 now complete 15/01 and still waiting ....

User avatar
theavrock
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby theavrock » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:28 pm

Mr_Brightside wrote:So for everyone who has a decision, how long did it take from the second complete date until your status went to decision rendered? I was complete 12/9, now complete 1/20.


I only had one complete date. Was complete since 10/1

buchy2009
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby buchy2009 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Just got my acceptance package today… came with a cool tote bag and 60K scholarship. Nice.

lynnford
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby lynnford » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:07 pm

buchy2009 wrote:Just got my acceptance package today… came with a cool tote bag and 60K scholarship. Nice.


Congrats!! I got my package in the mail today too! :) Exciting!

User avatar
fiery_searcher
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby fiery_searcher » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:13 pm

Well got my packet today. 25K per year. Not quite enough for me to go, but at least I have an awesome tote bag now! Will be withdrawing, best of luck to everyone else.

JayWilTheBoat
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:02 am

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby JayWilTheBoat » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:12 pm

To those of you accepted, congrats first off. Did your status change or did you just recieve the packet out of the blue? Was it mail? Fed-ex? Big white envelope?

casterfield
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby casterfield » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:15 pm

I received an email stating that I was accepted last week telling me I would be receiving an acceptance package in the mail. It came in a tote bag (inside out, with the straps and an admission packet on the inside) via USPS.

It also contains info about scholly and ASW. I got 20k per year provided I get above a 3.0 each year (which is under the median).

Anyone get more than that per year? Anyone get a scholarship without any strings attached?
Last edited by casterfield on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Barbie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:02 pm

ran12 wrote:
mcnabb5 wrote:When did you all go complete on the status checker? Mine still says file complete 11/22


I'm still complete 10/13. Hate waiting but was never intending to go to Tulane anyway so it doesn't matter too much.


exactly this. Just curious at this point / too lazy to withdraw my app lol

User avatar
Aberzombie1892
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:56 am

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm

casterfield wrote:I received an email stating that I was accepted last week telling me I would be receiving an acceptance package in the mail. It came in a tote bag (inside out, with the straps and an admission packet on the inside) via USPS.

It also contains info about scholly and ASW. I got 20k per year provided I get above a 3.0 each year (which is just about the median).

Anyone get more than that per year? Anyone get a scholarship without any strings attached?


Median is between 3.2-3.3.

JayWilTheBoat
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:02 am

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby JayWilTheBoat » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:24 pm

If you have no intention of going you should really consider withdrawing your app. Just to be courteous. There are a lot of people who are anxiously waiting who probably are near as good the candidate as you!

casterfield
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby casterfield » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:22 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
casterfield wrote:I received an email stating that I was accepted last week telling me I would be receiving an acceptance package in the mail. It came in a tote bag (inside out, with the straps and an admission packet on the inside) via USPS.

It also contains info about scholly and ASW. I got 20k per year provided I get above a 3.0 each year (which is just about the median).

Anyone get more than that per year? Anyone get a scholarship without any strings attached?


Median is between 3.2-3.3.



Thanks for the correction. I'm assuming it makes it a bit easier to keep the scholarship, then?

User avatar
mez06
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby mez06 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Hah, just read this thread and went to check my mail. The tote bag/envelope dual thing is actually really creative. And it's an environmentally friendly (recycled material)!

in w/20k a year..3.0 GPA stipulation.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11790
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby ilovesf » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:11 am

casterfield wrote:I received an email stating that I was accepted last week telling me I would be receiving an acceptance package in the mail. It came in a tote bag (inside out, with the straps and an admission packet on the inside) via USPS.

It also contains info about scholly and ASW. I got 20k per year provided I get above a 3.0 each year (which is under the median).

Anyone get more than that per year? Anyone get a scholarship without any strings attached?


I have the same scholarship too, and some extra stuff about keeping half of it even if you are under 3.0 for one year while you try to get back to a 3.0 to regain the scholarship. Sounds pretty reasonable.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”