Tulane 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rollgreenwave
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby rollgreenwave » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Anyone else already RSVP for what ASW they are attending? I'll be there March 18-19.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11742
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby ilovesf » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:25 pm

I just received an acceptance e-mail! For everyone still waiting, I was complete 10/25, and I have a 3.35 and a 165.

brupe
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby brupe » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:30 am

My status checker says "decision has been made" and a letter has been sent out on 12/16, but i haven't gotten an email...more than likely a denial right? :(

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Barbie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:35 am

brupe wrote:My status checker says "decision has been made" and a letter has been sent out on 12/16, but i haven't gotten an email...more than likely a denial right? :(


I doubt it. I'm still "file complete 10/13" lol. I'm calling again today. This is rediculous.

User avatar
gov
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby gov » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:35 am

I got decision made too. Who knows..

User avatar
firecracker
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby firecracker » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:40 am

Barbie wrote:I doubt it. I'm still "file complete 10/13" lol. I'm calling again today. This is rediculous.


You changed your avatar from Fleur Delacour! I barely recognized you. Haha. I feel like yesterday I saw you in another forum... was it PSU? Did you hear?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Barbie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:44 am

firecracker wrote:
Barbie wrote:I doubt it. I'm still "file complete 10/13" lol. I'm calling again today. This is rediculous.


You changed your avatar from Fleur Delacour! I barely recognized you. Haha. I feel like yesterday I saw you in another forum... was it PSU? Did you hear?



Yeah I've heard back from everyone I've expected to hear back from except Tulane. 12 acceptances and 2 waitlists. I'm expecting a ding from UGA, UNC, Indiana, and CU and then my cycle is over. But srsly, Tulane is being a sketch ball to me :(

brupe
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby brupe » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:55 am

Lucky. I'm at 5 rejects and still waiting on 2. So much for Merry Christmas. More like Merry Drink all the Eggnog in Deep Depression for me.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Barbie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:56 am

brupe wrote:Lucky. I'm at 5 rejects and still waiting on 2. So much for Merry Christmas. More like Merry Drink all the Eggnog in Deep Depression for me.


I sowwy :( :( I wonder why? Just all reaches, or do you have a C&F issue or something?

brupe
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby brupe » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:58 am

Huge gap in gpa and lsat. 3.7 and 151. :(

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Barbie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:01 am

brupe wrote:Huge gap in gpa and lsat. 3.7 and 151. :(


:\ Make sure to send out applications everywhere! You never know who will bite!!!

User avatar
firecracker
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby firecracker » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:07 am

Barbie wrote:Yeah I've heard back from everyone I've expected to hear back from except Tulane. 12 acceptances and 2 waitlists. I'm expecting a ding from UGA, UNC, Indiana, and CU and then my cycle is over. But srsly, Tulane is being a sketch ball to me :(


Congrats! I have had 1 (totally expected) ding and am waiting to hear from 11 more. And mine for Tulane still says File Complete 11/22. (That was updated from an earlier November date.)

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Barbie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:08 am

I seriously wonder why mine still says 10/13. No one else ITT is as far back as me :(

brupe
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby brupe » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:16 am

I just emailed them, and they sent me a copy of the letter attached to my email. Denied. :*(

WashingtonJew
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby WashingtonJew » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:08 pm

Hey Barbie if you call can you ask what type of timeline there is??

User avatar
gov
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby gov » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:10 pm

Well, then..this isn't looking too promising.
Last edited by gov on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Barbie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:11 pm

WashingtonJew wrote:Hey Barbie if you call can you ask what type of timeline there is??


fo sho <3

User avatar
ccoons24
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:55 am

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby ccoons24 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:15 pm

I (kind of) feel your pain, Barbie. Complete since 11/02/2010, no movement. Also, I haven't heard back from any of my schools....I might also be hitting the eggnog extra hard this Christmas.

User avatar
gov
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby gov » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:44 pm

Denied. But I have been admitted to W&L and wait listed at Illinois. I have given up trying to make any predictions.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Barbie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:48 pm

govorett wrote:Denied. But I have been admitted to W&L and wait listed at Illinois. I have given up trying to make any predictions.


sheesh

mrwarre85
Posts: 685
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby mrwarre85 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:38 pm

I submitted a ton of optional statements and addendums to Tulane and I'm curious to see what they will make of me. I'm a splitter there.

Do you think Tulane is a top 25 name recognition school? I really like to move around a lot and think it may be smart to go to a school with good name recognition. I would go to T-14 if I could, so before someone jumps on my back with a "T-14" or a "RETAKE" let me beat you to the bunch and say fuck off.

Good luck everyone!!

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby stlisforlovers » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:48 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:I submitted a ton of optional statements and addendums to Tulane and I'm curious to see what they will make of me. I'm a splitter there.

Do you think Tulane is a top 25 name recognition school? I really like to move around a lot and think it may be smart to go to a school with good name recognition. I would go to T-14 if I could, so before someone jumps on my back with a "T-14" or a "RETAKE" let me beat you to the bunch and say fuck off.

Good luck everyone!!

Tulane gave me a great scholly so they would be one of my top choices, but their job prospects, even within Louisiana, seem somewhat grim. Although, for what its worth, I think Tulane has a much better national recognition than many similarly ranked schools.

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby ran12 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:59 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:I submitted a ton of optional statements and addendums to Tulane and I'm curious to see what they will make of me. I'm a splitter there.

Do you think Tulane is a top 25 name recognition school? I really like to move around a lot and think it may be smart to go to a school with good name recognition. I would go to T-14 if I could, so before someone jumps on my back with a "T-14" or a "RETAKE" let me beat you to the bunch and say fuck off.

Good luck everyone!!

Tulane gave me a great scholly so they would be one of my top choices, but their job prospects, even within Louisiana, seem somewhat grim. Although, for what its worth, I think Tulane has a much better national recognition than many similarly ranked schools.


Outside the T30 Tulane is prob one of the top 3 in name recognition.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby Barbie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Called Tulane. Said all they could tell me is that there is no decision made on my file. They couldn't even tell me if they had looked at it yet :(

WashingtonJew
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Tulane 2011

Postby WashingtonJew » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:22 pm

Barbie wrote:Called Tulane. Said all they could tell me is that there is no decision made on my file. They couldn't even tell me if they had looked at it yet :(


It was worth a shot to call :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, hopes&dreams, liuwenyu, okf731, potterotter, Rio123 and 14 guests