Chapman 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
conroyc
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby conroyc » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:53 pm

thelibear wrote:Thanks everybody! :) It is tied for first choice with UCI. If I get into UCI (which is a big if, they're so competitive and I'm not sure I am a strong enough applicant numbers-wise), I will have to do some serious thinking about which I choose. But, otherwise, definitely Chapman. It's close to home (I'm only 20 minutes away), and they have such an awesome program. My reach schools (usc, ucla) will probably not happen, and even if they did, I'm not sure I'd go -- probably not a wise decision on my part, but I really hate Los Angeles and I want to stay in Orange County.


@conroyc - are you also seriously considering chapman? :) how has your cycle been going?


Sounds like we're in the same boat! UCI is my first choice as well but I will probably go to Chapman if I don't get in (which is rather hard to predict since UCI is offering less money this year). I've only heard back from USD and Chapman (accepted to both) but am still awaiting 5 other schools in CA. I just got a "decision rendered" for Loyola so hopefully it's good news! How's your cycle??

thelibear
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:57 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby thelibear » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Yeah, I would love to get into UCI but I have no idea if I'm competitive there. Frustrating!

I've gotten into USD and Santa Clara, waiting on some other CA schools but not really interested in most of them...I applied to several reaches (ucla & usc, etc) and I'm not really expecting to get in, lol. So, it's pretty much Chapman or UCI for me! :)

Good luck with your loyola decision! I'm still waiting on mine...

User avatar
fragged
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby fragged » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:03 pm

Does Chapman offer scholarships based off of an index (GPA + LSAT) or do they offer money to splitters?

I am way below 25th on GPA but way above 75th on LSAT and curious if I will be offered any $, assuming I am admitted.

User avatar
twert
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby twert » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:16 pm

fragged wrote:Does Chapman offer scholarships based off of an index (GPA + LSAT) or do they offer money to splitters?

I am way below 25th on GPA but way above 75th on LSAT and curious if I will be offered any $, assuming I am admitted.

they offer money to splitters, so long as its lsat. i know people with median lsat and near 4.0's with no money. i know people, like myself, with terrible gpas and higher lsat with full schollys.

longhornlaw
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:40 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby longhornlaw » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:51 am

.
Last edited by longhornlaw on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
twert
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby twert » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:55 am

longhornlaw wrote:
twert wrote:
fragged wrote:Does Chapman offer scholarships based off of an index (GPA + LSAT) or do they offer money to splitters?

I am way below 25th on GPA but way above 75th on LSAT and curious if I will be offered any $, assuming I am admitted.

they offer money to splitters, so long as its lsat. i know people with median lsat and near 4.0's with no money. i know people, like myself, with terrible gpas and higher lsat with full schollys.


Disagree. I'm a splitter with a much higher GPA and they've offered me 80%

maybe they've changed their strategy this year, but no one i know who's a reverse splitter has much money.

thelibear
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:57 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby thelibear » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:13 am

for what it's worth, I have a family member who is a professor at Chapman (film, not law), and from what she tells me, the law school is focusing a LOT on lsat score as a primary indicator for admissions & scholarships.

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby CmonSD » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:07 pm

Is anyone else still sitting in review from 11/1?

User avatar
gokickrocks
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby gokickrocks » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:22 pm

CmonSD wrote:Is anyone else still sitting in review from 11/1?


*raises hand*

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby sanjola » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:45 pm

gokickrocks wrote:
CmonSD wrote:Is anyone else still sitting in review from 11/1?


*raises hand*


+1

MrMisiu
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby MrMisiu » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:03 am

sanjola wrote:
gokickrocks wrote:
CmonSD wrote:Is anyone else still sitting in review from 11/1?


*raises hand*


+1


+2

mlee85
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:56 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby mlee85 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:07 pm

+3

ashle484
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby ashle484 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:50 pm

+4, did anyone get the invite today for the open house on jan 29th for the lunch with the dean?

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby CmonSD » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:52 pm

ashle484 wrote:+4, did anyone get the invite today for the open house on jan 29th for the lunch with the dean?


Yep! I was hoping the email had more to it, but still nice.

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby sanjola » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:11 pm

ashle484 wrote:+4, did anyone get the invite today for the open house on jan 29th for the lunch with the dean?


Yeah I got that e-mail too. I will probably not be attending (I live in NY) unless I get admitted before then and hear from a few more schools.

MrMisiu
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby MrMisiu » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:25 pm

[/quote]
sanjola wrote:Yeah I got that e-mail too. I will probably not be attending (I live in NY) .


I live in NJ, wanna car pool? :wink:

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby sanjola » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:37 pm

MrMisiu wrote:
sanjola wrote:
MrMisiu wrote:Yeah I got that e-mail too. I will probably not be attending (I live in NY) .


I live in NJ, wanna car pool? :wink:



I'm down. :)

Kidding aside, I actually have always wanted to drive cross country to California.
Last edited by sanjola on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ashle484
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby ashle484 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:38 pm

haha yea that email was such a tease I guess I prob should def go since I live in orange county, but is that supposed to say that we def won't know anything about our status and so forth until that point?

JOE!
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:21 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby JOE! » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:23 pm

I'm pretty sure it's possible that your status could change before the open house. They probably just send the open house invitation to prospective/admitted students, it doesn't mean they're not still reviewing files. Hope you hear soon (that goes for everyone)

vitaminic
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby vitaminic » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:42 am

i am not sure if chapman is hosting a scholars' weekend this year, but if it is and you get invited, it's a lot of fun and you should definitely come visit :)

vitaminic
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby vitaminic » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:46 am

twert wrote:
longhornlaw wrote:
twert wrote:
fragged wrote:Does Chapman offer scholarships based off of an index (GPA + LSAT) or do they offer money to splitters?

I am way below 25th on GPA but way above 75th on LSAT and curious if I will be offered any $, assuming I am admitted.

they offer money to splitters, so long as its lsat. i know people with median lsat and near 4.0's with no money. i know people, like myself, with terrible gpas and higher lsat with full schollys.


Disagree. I'm a splitter with a much higher GPA and they've offered me 80%

maybe they've changed their strategy this year, but no one i know who's a reverse splitter has much money.


Ditto. My LSAT sucked but my gpa was 3.81 and i got 100%...and so far it looks like i will get to keep it next year unless i screw up this semester :)

vitaminic
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby vitaminic » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:47 am

twert, who are you, what track r u in?

User avatar
twert
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby twert » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:43 am

vitaminic wrote:twert, who are you, what track r u in?

2

User avatar
twert
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby twert » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:44 am

vitaminic wrote:i am not sure if chapman is hosting a scholars' weekend this year, but if it is and you get invited, it's a lot of fun and you should definitely come visit :)

+ 1,000
Go to scholar's weekend.

florentine
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby florentine » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:10 pm

In via status checker today.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”