Chapman 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
EstboundNDwn
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby EstboundNDwn » Mon May 02, 2011 2:32 pm

Waitlisted.

I guess it wasn't too surprising. Happy about the faster than expected turn around from In Review to a decision though. Going to start on the LOCI soon.

longhornlaw
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:40 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby longhornlaw » Mon May 02, 2011 2:35 pm

.
Last edited by longhornlaw on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KiraMarie
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby KiraMarie » Mon May 02, 2011 2:41 pm

EstboundNDwn wrote:Waitlisted.

I guess it wasn't too surprising. Happy about the faster than expected turn around from In Review to a decision though. Going to start on the LOCI soon.


Waitlisted also. That's ok I guess. It would have been hard to uproot my family and move to the OC anyway.

toomanyshoes
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:46 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby toomanyshoes » Mon May 02, 2011 5:19 pm

What are your guys (waitlisted) numbers?

User avatar
EstboundNDwn
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby EstboundNDwn » Mon May 02, 2011 5:40 pm

PM
Last edited by EstboundNDwn on Mon May 02, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
conroyc
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby conroyc » Mon May 02, 2011 5:54 pm

longhornlaw wrote:Stopped by and dropped off my 2nd seat deposit on Friday. Talked with Colby for a bit--he said they're pretty bogged down right now, seeing as how some of the admissions panel is made up of professors, and exams just started. Hang on, all of y'all still waiting!


Did you tell Colby "hi" for me? I miss my bff. lol

ocplaytime
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:43 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby ocplaytime » Mon May 02, 2011 11:25 pm

can you PM me wait-list numbers too? in review for past month

KiraMarie
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby KiraMarie » Tue May 03, 2011 11:48 am

toomanyshoes wrote:What are your guys (waitlisted) numbers?


156/3.5 didn't apply until 03/15. Good luck!

JRoFL
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:49 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby JRoFL » Tue May 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Visited last week. Waitlisted today... which seems to be the new trend according to LSN

nkra
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby nkra » Tue May 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Withdrew yesterday. Good luck all of you who are on the wait list! Hopefully one of you gets my spot, and my (extremely) limited scholarship money.

User avatar
EstboundNDwn
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby EstboundNDwn » Tue May 03, 2011 6:00 pm

What are some of your experiences visiting the school and/or speaking with admissions before receiving a decision?

I was thinking I might take a day off from work and make the rounds before I finish my LOCI.

User avatar
chiguy99
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby chiguy99 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:28 pm

Waitlisted today. Seeing a lot of people are getting this result right now. GPA-3, finance from top BigTen LSAT-153. Good PS and 1 good LOR.

hbliam
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 5:49 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby hbliam » Wed May 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Wait listed a couple days ago. 3.39/151, good LOR's, good work experience, actually surprised I got a wait list with my LSAT. Likely going to retake in December and apply next cycle with a legitimate LSAT score.

User avatar
Shammis
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby Shammis » Wed May 04, 2011 9:51 pm

hbliam wrote:Wait listed a couple days ago. 3.39/151, good LOR's, good work experience, actually surprised I got a wait list with my LSAT. Likely going to retake in December and apply next cycle with a legitimate LSAT score.


If you break 160 you'll have many more options. Do it...on that note, 3.06/163 and I still havent heard anything since January. Slooooow movin over there in Orange.

hbliam
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 5:49 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby hbliam » Wed May 04, 2011 10:20 pm

jstubbs wrote:
hbliam wrote:Wait listed a couple days ago. 3.39/151, good LOR's, good work experience, actually surprised I got a wait list with my LSAT. Likely going to retake in December and apply next cycle with a legitimate LSAT score.


If you break 160 you'll have many more options. Do it...on that note, 3.06/163 and I still havent heard anything since January. Slooooow movin over there in Orange.


I don't really need too many options. It's Whittier or Chapman for me. I own a home near the beach and have a career. I'm going to law school to fulfill a lifelong goal and to help with promotional opportunities at work.

User avatar
Shammis
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby Shammis » Wed May 04, 2011 10:25 pm

hbliam wrote:It's Whittier or Chapman
Nice, if you do end up retaking and end up with a 160+ youll prob get scholarship money and help ease the burden of debt. Good luck to you :)

User avatar
homerless
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:47 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby homerless » Wed May 04, 2011 11:17 pm

In case others didn't get it, I got an email Monday from Chapman saying basically that they were swamped, had some "unplanned occurrences" and have over 500 applications. They are going to review them for "completeness" within the next 10 business days in the order they were received and then change the statuses on status checker (which are in "live" time).

JRoFL
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:49 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby JRoFL » Thu May 05, 2011 6:15 pm

I'd say the tour was worth a trip. Got to talk to the admissions councilor a bit and the 3L who gave me my tour was great, really knowledgable and friendly. At one point during the tour we even ran into the dean.

The only bad thing was that in talking to admissions I found out that they are looking to take less people than last year (I think it was about 210). They're looking at about 180-190 students for the entering class.

User avatar
EstboundNDwn
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby EstboundNDwn » Thu May 05, 2011 7:23 pm

JRoFL wrote:The only bad thing was that in talking to admissions I found out that they are looking to take less people than last year (I think it was about 210). They're looking at about 180-190 students for the entering class.


That's interesting. I wonder how that plays into their notorious willingness to Waitlist people.

One more thing to stress out about I guess.

User avatar
twert
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby twert » Fri May 06, 2011 12:10 pm

JRoFL wrote:I'd say the tour was worth a trip. Got to talk to the admissions councilor a bit and the 3L who gave me my tour was great, really knowledgable and friendly. At one point during the tour we even ran into the dean.

The only bad thing was that in talking to admissions I found out that they are looking to take less people than last year (I think it was about 210). They're looking at about 180-190 students for the entering class.

last year they over enrolled on accident. 180ish is the norm for chapman.

User avatar
ldarling87
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby ldarling87 » Sat May 07, 2011 12:41 am

+1 waitlist! Hope we really don't have to wait until mid-August to know! That's insane.

User avatar
janefbk
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:35 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby janefbk » Mon May 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Does Chapman send out any rejections? Or do they just waitlist people? Seems like their waitlist is HUUGGEEE. WL since 1/20

User avatar
SFnative
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby SFnative » Mon May 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Called today to about sending an additional LOR for WL applicants, was told i HAVE to use LSAC again and they would not accept it if otherwise.. Kinda lame if you ask me...

User avatar
EstboundNDwn
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby EstboundNDwn » Mon May 09, 2011 7:18 pm

SFnative wrote:Called today to about sending an additional LOR for WL applicants, was told i HAVE to use LSAC again and they would not accept it if otherwise.. Kinda lame if you ask me...


Why wouldn't a stellar LOCI be sufficient for you?

User avatar
SFnative
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Chapman 2011!

Postby SFnative » Mon May 09, 2011 7:51 pm

B/c my boss wrote me a LOR to go along with my USD waitlist loci, so I might as well use it for here too...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ChodeAnalBead, dsberkeley, fountainja, Google [Bot], joezze, Kaziende, ray.bee, woojin1287 and 10 guests