Chapman 2011! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
conroyc

New

Re: Chapman 2011!

Post by conroyc » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:25 pm

longhornlaw wrote:
conroyc wrote:Do you think they'll be sending any additional information about Scholar's Weekend since it's coming up soon? I was thinking along the lines of an itinerary or something?
Did you ever get the invitation? There was an itinerary in it. But yea, I'd like to hear more info too. Not sure how I'm getting from LAX to the hotel...
Thanks! I forgot that the invitation had a schedule on it. Will all of you be there for the Thursday night dinner as well, or just Friday? The menu looks DELISH! :)

longhornlaw

Bronze

Post by longhornlaw » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Last edited by longhornlaw on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:43 pm

conroyc wrote:
longhornlaw wrote:
conroyc wrote:Do you think they'll be sending any additional information about Scholar's Weekend since it's coming up soon? I was thinking along the lines of an itinerary or something?
Did you ever get the invitation? There was an itinerary in it. But yea, I'd like to hear more info too. Not sure how I'm getting from LAX to the hotel...
Thanks! I forgot that the invitation had a schedule on it. Will all of you be there for the Thursday night dinner as well, or just Friday? The menu looks DELISH! :)
last year the food was very good (so was the gin, wine and champagne) i'm really looking forward to thursday.

lilcalisunshine

New

Post by lilcalisunshine » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:03 pm

I wasn't sure about Thursday but now I think I'm sold on going. Are you guys bringing people with you?

I know on the menu invite it had asked for a food request if you had someone coming with you and I wasn't planning on it especially since I live so close...am I going to be the only loner?

From LAX to Anaheim a car rental is likely your best bet, unless you know other people who come in at the same time and would pool together on some kind of a driving service. Anyone lucky enough to fly into John Wayne the airport is maybe 20 minutes from were the hotel is and is tiny and easy to get in and out of!

longhornlaw

Bronze

Post by longhornlaw » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:35 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lilcalisunshine

New

Post by lilcalisunshine » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:21 pm

Which Doubletree is it? I put my schedule away somewhere. Is it the Doubletree on Harbor or on City?

The one on Harbor is fairly nice because it's near the convention center and Disney, the one of city drive I've never really been around.

Good I can be a loser with someone else!

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:39 pm

lilcalisunshine wrote:Which Doubletree is it? I put my schedule away somewhere. Is it the Doubletree on Harbor or on City?

The one on Harbor is fairly nice because it's near the convention center and Disney, the one of city drive I've never really been around.

Good I can be a loser with someone else!
very, very few people will bring anyone

longhornlaw

Bronze

Post by longhornlaw » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:01 pm

conroyc

New

Post by conroyc » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 am

longhornlaw wrote:How about a TLS meetup this weekend? I know we have bowling on Friday; I'm down with then. And if anyone's going to be around on Thursday, the hospitality suite (which sounds like code for bar time) sounds like another option. Who's in?
Definitely down! And I'm relieved to know that not many people are bringing a guest... I didn't want to be a loner either!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JOE!

New

Post by JOE! » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:23 pm

longhornlaw wrote:How about a TLS meetup this weekend? I know we have bowling on Friday; I'm down with then. And if anyone's going to be around on Thursday, the hospitality suite (which sounds like code for bar time) sounds like another option. Who's in?
Just FYI, and it might be kinda late now, but the last two years they haven't provided alcohol at the hospitality suite. You can, however, bring your own (or probably just go down to the hotel bar, if you're so inclined). Something about school policy - my guess is they can provide beer at events, but not just give it to people. Of course, don't take any of this as official, just letting you know what I remember.

conroyc

New

Post by conroyc » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:31 pm

JOE! wrote:
Just FYI, and it might be kinda late now, but the last two years they haven't provided alcohol at the hospitality suite. You can, however, bring your own (or probably just go down to the hotel bar, if you're so inclined). Something about school policy - my guess is they can provide beer at events, but not just give it to people. Of course, don't take any of this as official, just letting you know what I remember.
I know this is late, but is it the Doubletree on South Harbor Blvd? It doesn't specify where the hotel is on my invite...

JOE!

New

Post by JOE! » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:04 am

This is for sure late, but yes - hope you found your way there...

TXJD

New

Post by TXJD » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Does anyone know if there are certain times of the day when they change your status? Or does it happen continuously as they update each candidate throughout the day?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lilcalisunshine

New

Post by lilcalisunshine » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:34 am

Wow...exact time of day? I have no idea. I mean would assume it has to be during business hours... but as for the exact time of day I really didn't watch mine that closey sorry!!!

When did you apply?

Judging by your stats you should get accepted and maybe even a good scholarship offer (which won't be posted online.)...you're from U of Texas? And not Cameron or Andrew, oh no more people to refer to as Texas!!

TXJD

New

Post by TXJD » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:26 am

Hell yeah I'm from Texas! Are there more like me going to Chapman?

I submitted around 1/25, but it didn't go complete until my Feb LSAT was reported 3/4, then went to in review 3/25

conroyc

New

Post by conroyc » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:27 pm

TXJD wrote:Hell yeah I'm from Texas! Are there more like me going to Chapman?

I submitted around 1/25, but it didn't go complete until my Feb LSAT was reported 3/4, then went to in review 3/25
Met two people from Texas at the Scholar's Weekend! So there are definitely more of you :) Are you set on Chapman if (more like when) you get in?

longhornlaw

Bronze

Post by longhornlaw » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:53 pm

Last edited by longhornlaw on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TXJD

New

Post by TXJD » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:06 pm

longhornlaw wrote:
conroyc wrote:
TXJD wrote:Hell yeah I'm from Texas! Are there more like me going to Chapman?

Met two people from Texas at the Scholar's Weekend! So there are definitely more of you :) Are you set on Chapman if (more like when) you get in?
It's true, there are some of us out there, spreading the good news of Whataburger.
If they'll have me, I'd love to go to Chapman, and amen to Whataburger. In 'n Out is good and everything, but these California people overlove it a bit. I think it's because they weren't fortunate enough to grow up with Whataburger. And now I've gone and given myself a craving for an OT special from Dirty's in Austin. :(

dtl

Bronze

Post by dtl » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:09 pm

Is anyone else with post median stats still in review? Its been since december here. I am almost offended that I got no answer pre asd.

Looks like a loyola/usd choice for me.

TXJD

New

Post by TXJD » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:11 pm

I am, but I've only been in review since 3/25

jesss

New

Post by jesss » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:22 pm

dtl wrote:Is anyone else with post median stats still in review? Its been since december here. I am almost offended that I got no answer pre asd.

Looks like a loyola/usd choice for me.
+1 my thoughts exactly

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lilcalisunshine

New

Post by lilcalisunshine » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Like Catherine (conroyc) said there were a few of you at Scholar's Weekend!

Cameron and Andrew (longhornlaw) we're really awesome though, so hopefully that's how you all are. I think I went complete around 2/14 and heard back around the 28th. Like Catherine and I said I wouldn't be too too worried about getting in with your stats.

P.S. Catherine and Andrew I miss you!!!

szimmerman

New

Post by szimmerman » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:56 pm

How true to their '2-4 weeks after applications are complete they will go into review" deal is Chapman? Mine's been complete for exactly a month and I am waiting anxiously. Not sure what my chances are, though...3.5 GPA and a 155 LSAT. It would be nice to have some news from them! :).

thefifthspeed

New

Post by thefifthspeed » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:57 am

Been in review for 12 weeks here. Above median for GPA below median for LSAT. I doubt I'll get in but it would be nice if they would just waitlist me already.

MrMisiu

Bronze

Post by MrMisiu » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:25 am

Withdrew yesterday. Hope someone here gets the spot.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”